Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree26Likes
  • 12 Post By R93
  • 2 Post By Beaker
  • 4 Post By Ozzy
  • 2 Post By R93
  • 2 Post By G.I_Joel
  • 1 Post By R93
  • 1 Post By R93
  • 1 Post By Rock river arms hunter
  • 1 Post By PERRISCICABA

Thread: Finally.

R93

Finally.

After nearly 6 months of police delays in approving import I finally received my new toy.
    It was a bit of a struggle and I felt as gay as a ford owner going back to a 9mm but having had this gun for a wee bit it's almost worth it.
    I have always been a SIG pistol fan but not of the high bore axis most of their offerings come out with.
    This thing is still a tad high but shoots flat as, and it is bloody heavy. Almost 2011 heavy. By far the best factory trigger I have felt on a striker fired pistol. In the US they come with 3 17 rnd mags but mine come with 4 21rnd mags. Nice bonus.
    Will give PO a go for a while. My eyes are just not up to irons for ipsc anymore.
    So far 200 rnds thru it. All home loads testing 115, 124 and I have settled on 147 grn projectiles at 127 power factor. PF will jump a bit during the ipsc season as it is generally warmer.
    Not sure how many the importer brought in but looking forward to seeing one or 2 on the circuit.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    After nearly 6 months of police delays in approving import I finally received my new toy.
    It was a bit of a struggle and I felt as gay as a ford owner going back to a 9mm but having had this gun for a wee bit it's almost worth it.
    I have always been a SIG pistol fan but not of the high bore axis most of their offerings come out with.
    This thing is still a tad high but shoots flat as, and it is bloody heavy. Almost 2011 heavy. By far the best factory trigger I have felt on a striker fired pistol. In the US they come with 3 17 rnd mags but mine come with 4 21rnd mags. Nice bonus.
    Will give PO a go for a while. My eyes are just not up to irons for ipsc anymore.
    So far 200 rnds thru it. All home loads testing 115, 124 and I have settled on 147 grn projectiles at 127 power factor. PF will jump a bit during the ipsc season as it is generally warmer.
    Not sure how many the importer brought in but looking forward to seeing one or 2 on the circuit.

You need more grip tape on the slide....

Slim, fast and many - or fat and not so many.
    9 wins again...
    R93 and nzfubz like this.
    Please excuse spelling, as finger speed is sometimes behind brain spped........ Or maybe the other wayy.....

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
    You need more grip tape on the slide....

Slim, fast and many - or fat and not so many.
    9 wins again...
    Because of the rules you're only allowed tape on the grip.

I hear village people music every time I slip one of those puny rnds in the mag.
    As soon as they have standard div optics I will go back to not being sexually confused
    It's actually taking off in the states now. Major PF slide mounted optics

It's ok, I've gone back to playing with 9mm for a bit, and to make it better my new gun has purple grips. It makes me feel pretty.

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
    It's ok, I've gone back to playing with 9mm for a bit, and to make it better my new gun has purple grips. It makes me feel pretty.
    We obviously both need an intervention or counselling
    I have red grip tape for the sig when this one wears out. And a red trigger coming soon. I wont be going fast but I might look it

Ozzy and dannyb like this.

This looks delicious, I’m not confused and proudly wear my 9mm badge around my ankle. 147 is the way to go. 3.6 grains of API 70N gets you in the money
    Though I’ll be sticking with production division Ild be pretty keen to lay eyes on that beast at some stage.
    R93 and Beaker like this.
    Go fast, Don’t suck

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by G.I_Joel View Post
    This looks delicious, I’m not confused and proudly wear my 9mm badge around my ankle. 147 is the way to go. 3.6 grains of API 70N gets you in the money
    Though I’ll be sticking with production division Ild be pretty keen to lay eyes on that beast at some stage.
    3.2 of titegroup gets 127 PF with Rusa 147s at 10°c in the 5" SIG barrel. Seated to mag length so once it warms up or I seat the projectile back a bit the PF will increase.
    The 124s and 147 shot roughly the same for me but the 147 felt better in the hands.

G.I_Joel likes this.

R93
    Just hit the 400 rnd mark. Not one stoppage so far. All mags work and they're easy to seat with 21 in them, doing fast for me reloads. If shooting static your brass is all piled up in a small space. Makes for easy pickup
    I am brand new to a dot on a pistol but so far enjoying it. I dont lose it while shooting but sometimes fish around for it on the draw, after movement or shooting around cover.
    Way quicker for me regarding target acquisition and it is obvious when you need a backup shot.
    Only con so far for me is the crap I get on the dot after a couple hundred rounds due to the LCI cut in the barrel. I will get a faxon or aftermarket barrel when I can source one.
    I dont know what they retail for but they may become popular with PO shooters due to cost compared to say a CZ.

Scouterkotare likes this.

Mmmm. Nice Sig flex you have there.

I'll have my 45 Warz n shiet hand cannon shortly!

Till van HALEN BöRtHeR!
    R93 likes this.

Hi R93
    How are you finding the Trij SRO.

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by 45acp View Post
    Hi R93
    How are you finding the Trij SRO.
    It is my first pistol optic so dont know that much about them. I got the 5 moa.
    It so far holds zero and I can track the dot easily while firing. Has slight distortion around the edges like a bad spotting scope but while firing your not looking there. Can see the dot easily on a bright day however when the sun is in front of you, you get a wee red flare that is off centre and almost looks like the dot. That can be distracting. The dot is brighter than the flare tho.
    Easy positive adjustments. Easy replacement of a battery. I like it so far.

Will look at a Romeo 3 Max for the better field of view if I buy a backup gun. They have excellent reviews so far.

I wish i could afford one. Right now @greghud at Custom Guns in Invercargill has 2 waiting for a new home, absolute AWESOME pistol in MY view.
    I use to shoot a M&P CORE and now a loaned CZ75 - SP01 and the SIG just fits perfect in the hands with great weight balance too...

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by PERRISCICABA View Post
    I wish i could afford one. Right now @greghud at Custom Guns in Invercargill has 2 waiting for a new home, absolute AWESOME pistol in MY view.
    I use to shoot a M&P CORE and now a loaned CZ75 - SP01 and the SIG just fits perfect in the hands with great weight balance too...
    He has 2 X5 Legions or X5s? I want another as a backup.

YES! X5 Legion with the same setup you have (2 springs and 4X Mags)

Give him a PM here or call Custom Guns… I am not at the shop today, bloody moving houses!

Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    He has 2 X5 Legions or X5s? I want another as a backup.

R93 likes this.