Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: Gisborne pistol club

Gisborne pistol club

I see that Gisborne pistol club has been slapped with restrictions on shooting due to an individual, who recently has brought a property nearby, complaining to council. The complainer, a Mr O'Neil, is apperently a partner of Truflight barrels.

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Isn't that the way of this modern world? It's a bit like buying a house close to Western Springs and then complaining about midget car and concert noise. Send the bugger a set of ear plugs from the two dollar shop.
    outdoorlad likes this.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

You'd have thought he would be supporting shooting not trying to shut it down. Typical shelf centred idiot.

just out of curiosity what are the new restrictions?

If he is from Trueflight, stick it on social media and give his bus a helping hand?
    mikee, Steve123, 40mm and 1 others like this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Restricted hours/days no shooting before mid day sunday etc.

Mr O'Neils complaint

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9ozrdzi0q8...m095L1CWp6pAos

Extract
    "Gaddums Hill Pistol Club Resource consent Review
    I Support the review process.Reason for supporting review: After 7 years of suffering the intolerable noise levels we want to see changes made that will improve our quality of life whilst in our ownhomes.

Desired Outcome: No Sunday shooting, Noise level max reduced to the same levels as other pistol clubs with immediate effect. Banning of the louder pistols and open air shooting (outside a booth or tunnel). No all day competitions, Pistol use only no shotguns, Muskets, semi-automatic rifles or Black Powder use. Closure of club until the lead contamination aspect has been fully investigated. The Neighborhood Reserve to be decontaminated for the neighbours to use as a recreational area.
    I wish to be heard during the hearing.

Submission by Terry O’Neill,"

"My Personal Statement: When I purchased my property the PC’s lease was up for renewal. The GDC employeesat the time (now all ex-employees) told us that the PC’s days were numbered and that they couldn’t remain there once more sites were developed. This gave us confidence to purchase and build.The Council’s Environmental department advised us to complain when the shooting was too loud. They said that if everyone complains the PC would be seen as a nuisance neighbor and would have to shut down.
    We took their advice along with several residents and called in to complain on a regular basis.
    The result was the council sent one of its staff to monitor the sound, they recorded 82Dba. Unfortunately, the council didn’t put a Maxx daytime noise level on the club in the resource consent. So the club can make as much noise as physically possible as long as it doesn’t average out over 55Db in 15 minutes. Council staff and the two acoustic experts all agree that an average restriction is not adequate or appropriate for an explosive sound from gun fire."

Who holds 45% of True-flite Nz Limited
    https://www.bizdb.co.nz/company/9429033077185/
    Last edited by Nugget connaisseur; 04-11-2018 at 08:56 AM. Reason: Spelling

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    55 decibels is utter nonsense given that the average conversation occurs at 60 decibels. Colour me cynical but I would imagine that any report made by an acoustic expert will be oriented to present a favourable opinion that leans toward the paying clients view of what the outcome should be.
    Steve123, 40mm and rewa like this.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Its the average over 15mins. Can peak higher as long as its not continuous

Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    55 decibels is utter nonsense given that the average conversation occurs at 60 decibels. Colour me cynical but I would imagine that any report made by an acoustic expert will be oriented to present a favourable opinion that leans toward the paying clients view of what the outcome should be.
    No.......................surely not.
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Its like taking money from us hunters/shooters with one hand and backhanding us with the other.
    You think being a director of a firearms related company he would be quite aware of how loud firearms are...then choosing to build a house next to a pistol club. Poor advice from the council didn't eventuate so he goes after the club...What about taking legal action against the council? I heard that there is covenants on anyone who builds within the vicinity of the club, so they cant take any action against the council. How true that is i dont know.
    But sounds like he is trying to use the RMA and a few other things to screw the club when things didnt plan out how he wanted and he has no comeback against the council.

Instead of whinging about it why don't sit he go and join the fun?! Could go in his uniform and promote business win/win

Next time I consider rebarrelling, Truflite will not be in the picture
    mikee, Maca49, Beaker and 3 others like this.

What a CUNT. Bet you he got the land cheap because of the pistol club being close by. Pretty much the same stunt the dickhead out in Brookby pulled on the Auckland pistol club.
    outdoorlad, 40mm and rewa like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nugget connaisseur View Post
    Its the average over 15mins. Can peak higher as long as its not continuous

so on that basis if he was to talk to his neighbour for 15 mins then he'd be in violation of the 55dB ..... wtf