Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Black Watch

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Another transgressor nabbed

Another transgressor nabbed

Whangarei - police arrest 1 for illegally possessing an AK47. And other weapons including an IED.
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=12220451

Not sure of circumstances and what went down. Will watch this case. Here is the text just in case it is changed, as has happened recently.

A 36-year-old Whangārei man has been charged with firearms offences including unlawful possession of an AK47 and having a homemade bomb.

The items were uncovered in a two-day police search of an Otaika Rd house.

Daniel Paul Van Houten, 36, appeared in the Whangārei District Court on Monday charged with unlawful possession of a .223 AK47, unlawful possession of a semi-automatic 308, unlawful possession of a pistol Comet Flare gun, unlawful possession of 308 ammunition and unlawful possession of .223 ammunition.

He also faces a charge of unlawful possession of an explosive device, namely an improvised explosive device.

A 36-year-old Whangārei man has been charged with firearms offences including unlawful possession of an AK47 and having a homemade bomb.

The items were uncovered in a two-day police search of an Otaika Rd house.

Daniel Paul Van Houten, 36, appeared in the Whangārei District Court on Monday charged with unlawful possession of a .223 AK47, unlawful possession of a semi-automatic 308, unlawful possession of a pistol Comet Flare gun, unlawful possession of 308 ammunition and unlawful possession of .223 ammunition.

He also faces a charge of unlawful possession of an explosive device, namely an improvised explosive device.

An improvised explosive device (IED), is a homemade bomb constructed from military or non-military components.

Van Houten was denied bail and remanded in custody to appear again later this month.

Last Friday at 8am police carried out a search warrant at a Otaika Rd house and continued to search the property on Saturday.

Police said they were not seeking anyone else in relation to the search and there was no ongoing risk to the public.

Look at the padding, is this what they call reporting?

Agreed. The bar is set very low.

Quote Originally Posted by Bol Tackshin View Post
    Agreed. The bar is set very low.
    The bar is not set very low. Its sitting on the ground where it is supposed to be......If it was any higher some one might fail to get over it and that would hurt their feelings. Not allowed to let people fail now.

My mistake, @timattalon - but I didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings!
    timattalon and xtightg like this.

Id bet that IED is a sparkler bomb or some other diy firework like that.
    Or could be a 155mm projectile he has rigged up in case zombies approach from the western boundary. probably not though.
    Use enough gun

Hmmmm. I didn't realise marine signalling devices were unlawful to have in your possession. There are a LOT of non-firearms licensed yatchies required to have similar as part of Cat1... If that is in fact the case, they might need to check the rules on that one cause there's a lot out there that aren't on B-Cat pinkies...

I wonder when they will mention the bit about the marijuana plants and meth also found on the property?
    And that is what the search warrant was for?
    gadgetman, stingray and Maca49 like this.
    Welcome to Sako club.

Be interesting to see how he came to attention of police. I get the feeling the guns were legally owned a few weeks ago.
    northdude and Bol Tackshin like this.

Quote Originally Posted by dogmatix View Post
    I wonder when they will mention the bit about the marijuana plants and meth also found on the property?
    Actually?

Quote Originally Posted by dogmatix View Post
    Come now, you know drug dealers aren't to blame for their behavior - they are disadvantaged because of the attitudes displayed towards them by all the honest hardworking taxpayers...

Quote Originally Posted by 40mm View Post
    in case zombies approach from the western boundary.
    lotsa zombies up there .......just not the really dead variety

Sorry I was taking the piss.
    His Fb profile and posts led to this.
    Welcome to Sako club.

Yeah when his name cropped up in the news I jumped on to his FB page and came to the same conclusion.