Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Knives Africa


User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 39
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: Antique .22's banned..... seriously???????

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Christchurch
    Posts
    41

    Antique .22's banned..... seriously???????

    So my collection of old Winchester “gallery” guns are now to be banned?

    This is pure insanity. These guns are as likely to be used as weapons as someone going into a knife fight with a plastic spork!

    The history in these wonderful little guns alone. The fact that they are so cumbersome and slow to reload, well it makes a complete mockery out of the legislation. To know that something like these can get caught up in the net, along with AR-15’s.

    How does any of this make any sense whatsoever. It's pure insanity!
    dogmatix likes this.

  2. #2
    Member mikee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Nelson, New Zealand
    Posts
    6,869
    Quote Originally Posted by Saxguy View Post
    So my collection of old Winchester “gallery” guns are now to be banned?

    This is pure insanity. These guns are as likely to be used as weapons as someone going into a knife fight with a plastic spork!

    The history in these wonderful little guns alone. The fact that they are so cumbersome and slow to reload, well it makes a complete mockery out of the legislation. To know that something like these can get caught up in the net, along with AR-15’s.

    How does any of this make any sense whatsoever. It's pure insanity!
    Um what part do you not get "they" want.......................ALL GUNS=BAD=Banned / Confiscated except for Military or Police, there are no safe or "good"guns or owners
    199p, tetawa, Steve123 and 2 others like this.

  3. #3
    Member Beavis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The Cape
    Posts
    3,599
    Yes it is. That's why all shooters needed to stick together from the beginning. But like the UK and AUS, they didn't, and here we are.
    Kiwi Greg, 199p, R93 and 9 others like this.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Christchurch
    Posts
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    Yes it is. That's why all shooters needed to stick together from the beginning. But like the UK and AUS, they didn't, and here we are.
    I was saying this to people from day one. Thats when I saw that bastard from H&F turn on us, I knew this sort of thing would happen. He is reminiscent of a traitor who sells out his friends and family who are all hiding in the attic from the Nazi's, so that he might be spared. The lowest form of life.
    R93, bully, northdude and 5 others like this.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Ashburton
    Posts
    62
    I don't think so. The way I read it, the mag cap on .22s applies to semi autos, not other types. Wouldn't rush in to handing them in. Got till September.
    GunBlueFan likes this.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    238
    Quote Originally Posted by Growlybear View Post
    I don't think so. The way I read it, the mag cap on .22s applies to semi autos, not other types. Wouldn't rush in to handing them in. Got till September.
    The proposed bill is clear, ALL magazines over 10 rounds are prohibited items.
    Steve123 and ChrisW like this.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    238
    I've read the damn thing 8 times now it is properly scary shit
    199p likes this.

  8. #8
    Member Sako851's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Manawatu
    Posts
    268
    Gday Saxguy. They finally tipped you over the edge ay. Like I always say, it’s a crazy world we live in. These people have no idea up from down. Disarming our good people and the bad people are sitting happy as Larry with their unlawful firearms.

    Bit of a power shift don’t you think? Not for the good that’s for sure

  9. #9
    Member Sako851's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Manawatu
    Posts
    268
    By bad people I mean criminals and gang members and by lawful firearms I mean stolen in burglaries or posessed by people without firearms licenses.

  10. #10
    Member Max Headroom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Southland
    Posts
    1,581
    The bill looks like a bit of a blunt instrument. Not much finesse to it.
    Gun nut likes this.
    RIP Larry S. 19/02/19

  11. #11
    Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Hawkes Bay
    Posts
    6,193
    How many does a post war Model 61 Winny hold?
    The Universe is a cruel, uncaring void. The key to being happy isn't a search for meaning. It's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually, you'll be dead. -Mr Peanutbutter

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    238
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwijames View Post
    How many does a post war Model 61 Winny hold?
    More than 10, 22 shorts so it's gone.

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    kaiapoi
    Posts
    2,182
    Quote Originally Posted by Gun nut View Post
    More than 10, 22 shorts so it's gone.
    well if we go by chamber size like the shotguns then shorts don't count.
    I was considering shortening my lever 22 so that if I fit a silencer it isn't 9 feet long. I might just do it to reduce mag capacity

  14. #14
    Member Happy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Waikato
    Posts
    3,816
    Name:  22.jpg
Views: 547
Size:  88.9 KB
    tetawa, Maca49, Scouser and 6 others like this.
    "This is my Flag... Ill only have the one ..

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Christchuch New Zealand
    Posts
    2,720
    Quote Originally Posted by csmiffy View Post
    well if we go by chamber size like the shotguns then shorts don't count.
    I was considering shortening my lever 22 so that if I fit a silencer it isn't 9 feet long. I might just do it to reduce mag capacity
    Just shorten the magazine....Tube mag alterations would work in that instance.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. WTB: old style or antique scope
    By akaroa1 in forum Buy, Sell or Swap
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 01-12-2018, 08:51 AM
  2. FS: Antique Chef's knife for restoration
    By thejavelin in forum Buy, Sell or Swap
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-04-2017, 11:24 AM
  3. FS: Antique furniture
    By Double Shot in forum Buy, Sell or Swap
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-06-2016, 04:47 PM
  4. Antique Rifle - Does anyone know if its worth anything??
    By love2hunt in forum Firearms, Optics and Accessories
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 03-01-2014, 04:04 PM
  5. Antique Dealers?
    By Dundee in forum Buy, Sell or Swap
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-03-2012, 11:07 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Welcome to NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums! We see you're new here, or arn't logged in. Create an account, and Login for full access including our FREE BUY and SELL section Register NOW!!