Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Knives Africa

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree20Likes
  • 1 Post By A330driver
  • 1 Post By Rushy
  • 2 Post By Sasquatch
  • 1 Post By berg243
  • 6 Post By Preacher
  • 1 Post By Rushy
  • 1 Post By gadgetman
  • 3 Post By Growlybear
  • 4 Post By Cordite

Thread: The cancer spreads

Bus driver

The cancer spreads

Name:  41384FED-4024-4EA2-B6F7-4D61518BBB58.jpeg
Views: 526
Size:  4.18 MB
    Cordite likes this.
    It's not the mountain we conquer,but ourselves.....Sir Edmund Hillary

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Bloody hell! The fear and hysteria associated with firearms ownership in New Zealand that has recently been whipped up among the public by the media and a complicit grandstanding government is so wide reaching that last night I learned that it has the buy in and support of a man that I would have never thought would be so easily swayed. I had thought that it was largely the emotional unknowing, poorly informed among society that were in support of the rushed legislative changes but to learn that my brother has bought into the propagandists fear mongering was a real shock and tells me just how powerful the sympathy card that has been played here is. @A330driver if the can sway him, you had better produce thousands upon thousands of those flyers and drop them from the sky as you pass over every state.
    Cordite likes this.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

They haven't even written the Law in ink and yet the " Scaremongering " has begun .

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=12219941

@Rushy that's unfortunate. Although to the contrary I have spoken to a lot of non FAL owners who are not happy with the current measures being taken. It's surprising what I've heard in the last couple of weeks TBH.
    Steve123 and Preacher like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    @Rushy that's unfortunate. Although to the contrary I have spoken to a lot of non FAL owners who are not happy with the current measures being taken. It's surprising what I've heard in the last couple of weeks TBH.
    That is encouraging for me to hear as my brother had the same early life experiences as I did and as the conversation started he was even reminiscing about the many trips we made with the old mans single shot .22 (that we both learned to shoot with) being in the back seat of our co owned Mark 1 Consul as we drove all over the south Waikato.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!

actually wouldn't mind an AR with that keli key as it is really just a cheap version of the blaser .if it could have the gas system disabled to prevent return to semi auto and still be able to change uppers for different calibres and allowed a 10 round mag I would use one for pest control and bush stalking with the 300blk subs.
    Cordite likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    I also have been quite heartend by some people I have spoken to, who admit they have zero interest in firearms for any purpose, but absolutely disagree with how the Govt and Police are going about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
    I also have been quite heartend by some people I have spoken to, who admit they have zero interest in firearms for any purpose, but absolutely disagree with how the Govt and Police are going about it.
    You fellahs are encouraging my. Thanks.
    outlander likes this.

I've found a fair bit of that too.
    timattalon likes this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Yep. Now the dust is settling, some tunes being changed. I imagine it will be even less popular when the true costs of a buy back of everything caught in this drift net, become apparent.

Once the calm sets in, and they can't keep stirring the pot, the crud comes to the surface.
    Join COLFO - Be a represented firearms owner.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordite View Post
    Once the calm sets in, and they can't keep stirring the pot, the crud comes to the surface.
    Especially if they actually read some of the submissions. I know some of the people who have sent them in and some of them do this for a living. (One is a former govt official who used to vet submissions and proposals who know works in the private sector for business after govy downsized his department... in a business that make these submissions and proposals,.) Most that I have had the pleasure of seeing have been well written, and full of things that make a lot of sense. (Perhaps that is why the polys dont understand them....?)