Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Knives Africa Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Customs holding all firearms & firearm parts

Customs holding all firearms & firearm parts

I can't find much/any info on this ?

I have some barrels being held even though they had been released Thursday.

I have more stuff coming & was wondering if anyone knew anything about it & how long it may last ?

This is what I have found

Further to ========== post yesterday re: review and pause of NZ Post handing Firearms and Firearms parts in our domestic network.

Customs will now retain and not release any firearms AND parts that we have in our possession or that arrive into our International gateways.
    Any new firearms and their parts, that are intercepted by Customs Officers or are referred to Customs, will be retained until further notice.

This includes any firearms and parts imports that have been cleared.

We have updated the UPU in order to advise all member countries of this change and asking member countries to suspend any further dispatch of Firearms or Firearms parts to New Zealand. (note below) This will be circulated to all member countries ASAP
    Our Inbound Commercial Customers are being advised also.

Dear Sir/Madam,
    The designated operator of NEW ZEALAND, New Zealand Post, wishes to advise a change in New Zealand Government policy, with immediate effect, relating to the carriage of firearms and firearms parts.
    New Zealand Post, wishes to inform the designated operators of Union member countries that it is strictly prohibited to send the following types of items in the post to New Zealand in accordance with the New Zealand Customs Service regulations and Universal Postal Convention Article 19 and its Regulations.
    Specifically, New Zealand Post and the New Zealand Customs Service ask designated operators to pay particular attention to ensure that the following prohibited items are not dispatched to New Zealand:
     firearms; and
     firearms parts
    Further to this, and , in response the New Zealand Government policy, the New Zealand Customs Service advise the following comes into effect for all destination New Zealand inbound postal items, from 15:00 NZDT, Thursday, 21 March 2019:
     In response to the Prime Ministerís announcement regarding the new legislation ďArms (Military Style Semi-automatic Firearms) Order 2019Ē that came into effect 3pm today.

 Customs will retain and not release any firearms AND parts in its possession. This includes any firearms and parts imports that have been Customs cleared.

 Any new firearms and their parts intercepted by Customs Officers or those which are referred to Customs will be retained until further notice.
    New Zealand Post urges all designated operators to issue necessary instructions and train their staff, as well as to inform their merchant platforms, e-sellers and customers, concerning these prohibitions so as to avoid the seizure and disposal of items, the cost of which will be passed to the dispatching designated operator.

Cant find anything more in the news etc about this at this stage ????

That’s interesting in a disappointing way, I’ve got some pistol mags on the way. Due in the next couple of days. Have the import permit sitting here. Will post if they get held up.

They are going to strangle the firearm community with this shit. The stuff in the news will be minor compared to this sort of stuff.

So my new Sako extractor is never going to get here.

FFS.
    Welcome to Sako club.

Get lots of lube, this is going to hurt.
    Join COLFO - Be a represented firearms owner.

work acquaintance years ago went to get another barrel for his sauer. Think it was out of the US. Paid for it, had some dramas and by the time that got sorted 9/11 happened. Big lockdown of firearm parts. He was telling me this in 2005ish and had pretty much given up on getting it or his money back

When I came in on Tuesday I had two cops turn up to see my firearms

Both good buggers....but I thought then himmm this is going to get interesting
    It's all fun and games till Darthvader comes along
    I respect your beliefs but don't impose them on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Greg View Post
    I can't find much/any info on this ?

I have some barrels being held even though they had been released Thursday.

I have more stuff coming & was wondering if anyone knew anything about it & how long it may last ?

This is what I have found

Further to ========== post yesterday re: review and pause of NZ Post handing Firearms and Firearms parts in our domestic network.

Customs will now retain and not release any firearms AND parts that we have in our possession or that arrive into our International gateways.
    Any new firearms and their parts, that are intercepted by Customs Officers or are referred to Customs, will be retained until further notice.

This includes any firearms and parts imports that have been cleared.

We have updated the UPU in order to advise all member countries of this change and asking member countries to suspend any further dispatch of Firearms or Firearms parts to New Zealand. (note below) This will be circulated to all member countries ASAP
    Our Inbound Commercial Customers are being advised also.

Dear Sir/Madam,
    The designated operator of NEW ZEALAND, New Zealand Post, wishes to advise a change in New Zealand Government policy, with immediate effect, relating to the carriage of firearms and firearms parts.
    New Zealand Post, wishes to inform the designated operators of Union member countries that it is strictly prohibited to send the following types of items in the post to New Zealand in accordance with the New Zealand Customs Service regulations and Universal Postal Convention Article 19 and its Regulations.
    Specifically, New Zealand Post and the New Zealand Customs Service ask designated operators to pay particular attention to ensure that the following prohibited items are not dispatched to New Zealand:
    firearms; and
    firearms parts
    Further to this, and , in response the New Zealand Government policy, the New Zealand Customs Service advise the following comes into effect for all destination New Zealand inbound postal items, from 15:00 NZDT, Thursday, 21 March 2019:
    In response to the Prime Ministerís announcement regarding the new legislation ďArms (Military Style Semi-automatic Firearms) Order 2019Ē that came into effect 3pm today.

Customs will retain and not release any firearms AND parts in its possession. This includes any firearms and parts imports that have been Customs cleared.

Any new firearms and their parts intercepted by Customs Officers or those which are referred to Customs will be retained until further notice.
    New Zealand Post urges all designated operators to issue necessary instructions and train their staff, as well as to inform their merchant platforms, e-sellers and customers, concerning these prohibitions so as to avoid the seizure and disposal of items, the cost of which will be passed to the dispatching designated operator.

Cant find anything more in the news etc about this at this stage ????
    Picking all parts & firearms from now on will need to be ordered via local dealer in NZ.
    Hope itís not, Hope itís just a temporary measure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Picking all parts & firearms from now on will need to be ordered via local dealer in NZ.
    Hope it’s not, Hope it’s just a temporary measure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I hope not but if so its not a big issue for me because I am a dealer, but that doesn't make it any more palatable......

I suggest it will be a bigger issue than you think. If, as stated, NZ Post are no longer carrying firearms or parts, and I read that
    to mean ANY parts, how are you going to arrange collection from Customs when their operation is geared towards
    NZ Post as their main agent.
    Means we'll have to use customs agents all of which will lead to increased prices and a slowdown in service. Will make small scale
    importing uneconomic in the same way that Brownells $250 fee to to small orders.

My 2c. Hope I'm wrong..................

If freight companies jump onto this bandwagon, it might mean collecting your items yourself from customs. If you are still allowed to privately import going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by NZ_noddy View Post
    I suggest it will be a bigger issue than you think. If, as stated, NZ Post are no longer carrying firearms or parts, and I read that
    to mean ANY parts, how are you going to arrange collection from Customs when their operation is geared towards
    NZ Post as their main agent.
    Means we'll have to use customs agents all of which will lead to increased prices and a slowdown in service. Will make small scale
    importing uneconomic in the same way that Brownells $250 fee to to small orders.

My 2c. Hope I'm wrong..................
    NZ Post never openly carried firearms or parts for Joe public, commercial customers were a different matter.

Things imported were different as they obviously have carrier agreements with other postal services like USPS etc

I'm sure Fastways etc would be happy to pick stuff up from customs, as they do with Firearms, at your cost.

Is that even lawful?
    Preacher likes this.

Gentleman are we not Kiwis? Do we not have CNC?

Let the dust settle, then we will get to work
    Gerbs, Steve123, SixtyTen and 2 others like this.

I don't recall this announcement from the PM.. This doe not just affect "semi Automatics" I can see H&F price gouging even more in the near future. Hmmm but how will the import their gear. It all comes from overseas?
    Joe Citizen getting rogered.