Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: Golriz Ghahraman on firearm law change

Golriz Ghahraman on firearm law change

GOLRIZ GHAHRAMAN: Ha, ha! Unfortunately, on this particular occasion, the bill does seem to be seeking to solve or address a problem that's near non-existent based on the stats, and based on my 12 years working in the criminal justice system, at the front lines of the system that this bill will go on to be implemented in.

The police say that the instances of patched gang members being issued a firearms licence are "very rare", and I do have to start with—and we should all come back to—the Arms Act 1983, which actually gives the power to any commissioned police officer to decline or revoke firearms licences if they are of the opinion that the person is not a fit and proper person to hold that licence. That includes looking at their previous convictions and other indications that they may be violent or erratic or improper, as the Act says, to hold a firearms licence.

So what are we adding here? What are we adding by talking about gangs? Could it be that we are just adding a little bit of what our justice system has been built on over the past nine years, which is knee-jerk reactions, oversimplifications, and drawing on a whole lot of prejudice? We're not basing this justice policy on evidence. We're not basing it on any actual need, even. We're costing the taxpayer a whole lot more money in implementing this, whilst we should actually stop and admit that all this does is broaden the scope of instances where police can search someone without a warrant.

Warrantless searches—it's a slippery slope, right? We already have a standard for assessing whether or not someone is a fit and proper person to hold a firearms licence. What we're doing now is we're saying that police can stop people based on a mere suspicion, without having to get any judicial oversight, without having to meet the standards of our normal search warrants, which we have in our justice system because we believe in due process and we believe in people's rights to be free from arbitrary search and seizure. We're doing away with that, for what? Because in very rare instances, based on the police's own report, there may be a patched gang member that holds a firearms licence.

Well, we all know that there are demographics attached to the kinds of people that get stopped and arbitrarily searched, the kinds of people who then get charged, the kinds of people who are sentenced to lengthy periods of imprisonment, and we have to look at who our criminal justice system targets disproportionately in that way—and it is young Māori men. So we're making a marginalised group who's already suffering—disproportionately imprisoned, disproportionately not accessing the kinds of things that they need to stay crime-free—more vulnerable to warrantless searches by the police, to arbitrarily being stopped and searched by association.

We don't have guilt by association in New Zealand, for good reason, and it's laws like this, it's justice policies like this, that open up our communities to prejudice. Nothing in this bill will actually solve a problem that exists. Nothing in this bill will actually stop crime, committed by way of firearms or not. We're just adding more knee-jerk reaction types of baseless justice policy to our system.

We on this side of the House are committed to bringing down the prison population, to actually addressing crime, to putting in funding not to stop people, not to constantly harass people on the street, not to make ourselves look tough on crime, but actually to address the causes of offending by putting that money into drug and alcohol addiction services, mental health services, and by investing in jobs, houses, and the stability of our communities. So the Green Party won't be supporting this bill, because it really doesn't address a live problem in our justice system; it creates more. Thank you, Madam Deputy Speaker.

ARMS (FIREARMS PROHIBITION ORDERS) AMENDMENT BILL
    First Reading - (5th September 2018)

Bold emphasis mine

Shes an air head
    grunzter likes this.

Oh my God.
    This could get scary. An MP who actually thinks for herself instead of simply being swept along with the current flavour of the month with the hope of winning more votes.

I am starting to think that maybe the Green Party is more worthy of my vote next election than I have considered them to be in the past. Lets have a few more MP's like GOLRIZ GHAHRAMAN.

Phil H mate, I hope you noticed the date? This text was her trying to stop the Bill preventing gang members from accessing guns last year, which was voted down. I posted it because it is the exact opposite of what she is saying now ie, don't take guns away from Maori gang members (2018), take them away from racist white supremacists et al (2019). No guilt by association for gang members (2018), all shooters are guilty by association with one Aussie (2019). Hypocrite does not being to describe her or her party.
    gadgetman, tetawa, Ryan and 7 others like this.

Isn't this the same woman who laughed at David Seymour for missing the vote and claimed it was "one way to avoid being on the wrong side of history"?

The wrong side of history being the side that favours democracy apparently...
    timattalon and Preacher like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Danger Mouse View Post
    Shes an air head
    Golriz Ghahraman
    New Zealand Politician
    Image result for GOLRIZ GHAHRAMAN
    DescriptionGolriz Ghahraman MP is an Iranian-born New Zealand politician and member of Parliament. The former United Nations lawyer was a child asylum seeker, and became the first refugee elected to New Zealand's Parliament. Ghahraman is a member of the New Zealand House of Representatives for the Green Party. Wikipedia
    Born: 1981 (age 38 years), Mashhad, Iran
    Nationality: New Zealand
    Partner: Guy Williams
    Party: Green Party of Aotearoa New Zealand
    Education: Auckland Girls' Grammar School, The University of Auckland, University of Oxford
    Parents: Behrooz Ghahraman, Maryam Ghafoori

An "Air Head"? Really?

If so I would say an "Air Head" with a little more substance to her background than a lot of our other current MP's

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Waimata View Post
    Phil H mate, I hope you noticed the date? This text was her trying to stop the Bill preventing gang members from accessing guns last year, which was voted down. I posted it because it is the exact opposite of what she is saying now ie, don't take guns away from Maori gang members (2018), take them away from racist white supremacists et al (2019). No guilt by association for gang members (2018), all shooters are guilty by association with one Aussie (2019). Hypocrite does not being to describe her or her party.
    Ohh Dear. Maybe I have made a major foobar. That said, I will still stand by my belief that she still appears to have more of a background that would qualify her as an MP than others.

... (at this time Phil tactfully withdraws to go and get himself better aquainted with current politics so as not to cause any further offence)
    Cordite likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil_H View Post
    Golriz Ghahraman
    New Zealand Politician
    DescriptionGolriz Ghahraman MP is an Iranian-born New Zealand politician and member of Parliament. The former United Nations lawyer was a child asylum seeker, and became the first refugee elected to New Zealand's Parliament. Ghahraman is a member of the New Zealand House of Representatives for the Green Party. Wikipedia
    Education: Auckland Girls' Grammar School, The University of Auckland, University of Oxford

An "Air Head"? Really?

If so I would say an "Air Head" with a little more substance to her background than a lot of our other current MP's
    She said that pistols aren't really regulated in nz. Because the police union told her.

If she's any good as a lawyer then she should know the law.

Ohh Dear. Maybe I have made a major foobar. That said, I will still stand by my belief that she still appears to have more of a background that would qualify her as an MP than others.

... (at this time Phil tactfully withdraws to go and get himself better aquainted with current politics so as not to cause any further offence)
    You really need to stop smoking whatever it is you are smoking . She is an outright hypocritical idiot , she reckons gang members are hard done by . Have you even stood within 20 meters of one ? . They are nothing but selfish arseholes and somehow unrepentant Rapists / Murders / Drug Dealers and Thieves are better people than you are ????.

Quote Originally Posted by Tankd View Post
    You really need to stop smoking whatever it is you are smoking . She is an outright hypocritical idiot , she reckons gang members are hard done by . Have you even stood within 20 meters of one ? . They are nothing but selfish arseholes and somehow unrepentant Rapists / Murders / Drug Dealers and Thieves are better people than you are ????.
    @Tankd I have already admitted that I have perhaps made a major foobar and wil try and get my facts right and perhaps be a little more familiar with the current situation in the future.

And " Have you even stood within 20 meters of one ?" Well yes actually, quite bit; at times on a daily basis, over the last 45 years.

"Drug Dealers and Thieves are better people than you are ????. " Was the 'you' in that statement intentional or were you refering to the Gang Members? Which ever way I am not offended....

Cheers
    Phil

Quote Originally Posted by Russian 22. View Post
    She said that pistols aren't really regulated in nz. Because the police union told her.

If she's any good as a lawyer then she should know the law.
    That one keeps cropping up. Could the police union really be misleading our politicians who ought to trust the word of a serving member of the police? Surely not.
    Join COLFO - Be a represented firearms owner.

Golriz Ghahraman
    New Zealand Politician

An "Air Head"? Really?

She and her family were never genuine asylum seekers. They country-shopped, like so many*. Also, she has regularly lied about the alleged threats to her in her childhood. So she's a fraud, a liar, and a treacher (treachers are people who are treacherous) as well as a watermelon (red on the inside, green on the outside).

"...he [Golriz's father] was allowed to travel outside Iran with his family, indicates he was trusted to return. He would only have been given these benefits if he was either a supporter of the regime or harboured no indications of opposition to them. All government workplaces had monitoring units to ensure adherence to the principles of the Islamic Revolution. The issuing of passports, permission to leave for a holiday and an orderly departure, is not consistent with people who were persecuted by the regime."

She also believes the following human rights are not absolute:
    - Freedom from torture
    - Freedom from slavery
    - Right to equality before the law
    - Right to Fair Public Hearing
    - Right to be considered innocent until proven guilty
    (how 'bout dem last 3 huh? Strike a recent chord?)

(* They headed to Malaysia and from there bought tickets to Fiji, that did not require a visa, that included a stopover in Auckland where relatives had previously won asylum).

Do some more research before you believe her backstory. But not on Google - her lies and background have been sanitized out of standard search engine results.

Quote Originally Posted by sightpicture View Post
    She and her family were never genuine asylum seekers. They country-shopped, like so many*. Also, she has regularly lied about the alleged threats to her in her childhood. So she's a fraud, a liar, and a treacher (treachers are people who are treacherous) as well as a watermelon (red on the inside, green on the outside).

"...he [Golriz's father] was allowed to travel outside Iran with his family, indicates he was trusted to return. He would only have been given these benefits if he was either a supporter of the regime or harboured no indications of opposition to them. All government workplaces had monitoring units to ensure adherence to the principles of the Islamic Revolution. The issuing of passports, permission to leave for a holiday and an orderly departure, is not consistent with people who were persecuted by the regime."

She also believes the following human rights are not absolute:
    - Freedom from torture
    - Freedom from slavery
    - Right to equality before the law
    - Right to Fair Public Hearing
    - Right to be considered innocent until proven guilty
    (how 'bout dem last 3 huh? Strike a recent chord?)

(* They headed to Malaysia and from there bought tickets to Fiji, that did not require a visa, that included a stopover in Auckland where relatives had previously won asylum).

Do some more research before you believe her backstory. But not on Google - her lies and background have been sanitized out of standard search engine results.
    Interesting stuff. Are you able to point me in the direction of this information? PM me if you prefer.

Cheers
    Phil
    Steve123 likes this.

I first read up on her lies and hypocrisy via Google, but they have scrubbed their links now.

Try duckduckgo as your search engine

https://db0nus869y26v.cloudfront.net...lriz_Ghahraman

https://www.rightminds.nz/articles/g...es-kiwi-enough

At 35 she still calls herself a refugee despite all the opportunities NZ afforded and affords her and her family

https://www.whaleoil.co.nz/2017/01/i...n-greens-list/

See here where she lied like a carpet about 'living in terror as a child'

https://www.kiwiblog.co.nz/2017/11/s...s_mashdad.html

Plus

https://www.reddit.com/r/newzealand/..._on_mp_golriz/

And

...for a Human Rights lawyer she has nothing to say about e.g. Saudi Arabia's Human Rights violations...never questioned the UN corruptly making them Head of Human Rights.

Read about her posing, smilingly, with a genocidal maniac from Africa

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/pol...iting-genocide

Golriz G Smiles With A Mass Murderer.pdf

https://yournz.org/2018/08/10/more-q...riz-ghahraman/

From one of the other links...

"The Green Party MP, Golriz Ghahraman... on 3 August 2018 after she posted a video on Twitter saying, “No human right is absolute. They are all subject to lawful limits.” I responded that in the 1948 Universal Declaration of Human Rights, there are many human rights which are absolute, such as the right not to be tortured or suffer cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment. She blocked me on Twitter..."

and

https://www.whaleoil.co.nz/2017/12/j...aw-lying-lied/

Lest you think I am piling on - she is a lawmaker for the rest of us. She and her ilk govern us. She and her fellows disenfranchised us - and did so Full Mocking Jacket.
    Last edited by sightpicture; 07-04-2019 at 03:23 AM.
    257weatherby and Steve123 like this.