Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Knives Africa Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree106Likes

Thread: Gun lobby: With friends like this who needs enemies?

Banned

Gun lobby: With friends like this who needs enemies?

From the Whaleoil blog, who have traditionally been very supportive of shooters and shooting. Even having a weekly Wednesday Weapons feature.

https://www.whaleoil.co.nz/2019/04/g...needs-enemies/

by Kevin on April 7, 2019 at 1:30pm

Quote:Gun lobbyist said this is why ‘politicians get burnt’, Judith Collins said.

In a call to Judith Collins’ office, gun rights enthusiast and blogger Mike Loder said “this is why politicians get burnt”, the former Minister said.

Collins told Stuff the phone conversation was made when she was Police Minister in the National government. She said one of her staff was trying to clarify an Official Information Act request from Loder when the blogger got frustrated and made the comment.

[…]Loder was one of 20 submitters to air his views on the new gun laws introduced after 50 people died in attacks on two Christchurch mosques in March. He said the changes had the possibility to drive guns “underground”.

During questions, Collins asked Loder if he thought he was a responsible proponent of the gun lobby, and he said yes.End of quote.

Uh, no.

Quote:She asked if he thought it was reasonable to phone up the office of the former minister of police and advise the staff member that the behaviour of the minister was the reason why some people burnt politicians.

[…]She followed up by asking if he considered himself to be a fit and proper person to hold a firearms licence.

“It’s not a question, I am,” he said.End of quote.

Fit and proper people don’t threaten politicians.

Quote:Loder said the Christchurch shooter would have killed more people had he not used semi-automatic weapons because he would have used something like a truck bomb.

He addressed Collins directly, saying she is wrong about the gun lobby “scaremongering”.

He claimed it was the police association who were ones scaremongering.End of quote.

A gunman commits mass murder and you want to put the focus on the cops? Really dude?

Quoteuring questions committee chairman, Labour MP Michael Wood asked Loder to explain a blog post where he said the guns that would be banned were an essential tool of liberty.

[…]Wood went on to note that Loder had called Prime Minister Jacinda Arden a “tyrant” and that shadowy foreign forces were involved with gun control efforts.

Loder said tyrants always supported gun control.

“Can you understand, given what happened in Christchurch, why some of us may be concerned that you have a strong voice within the firearms community. Towards people who are armed with these military style semi-automatic weapons, and you are promoting what are effectively conspiracy theories that are listened to, often by people of white nationalist, extreme right wing agenda,” Wood said.

Loder alleged that “deals were done” behind closed doors to get the support of rural groups, which he has called “scumbags”.

[…]He said the problem wasn’t people with gun licenses and instead pointed towards gangs and recidivism.

He asked that police have control of the Arms Act taken away from them as they were not up to the job, he claimed.End of quote.

Politics is about the art of compromise. Right now, the gun lobby is in the shit. If they were willing to compromise they could prevent the guns from being banned by, say, simply proposing if you have an E category AND a B category license AND participate in regular competition you can keep your guns. But of course they won’t.

Their unwillingness to be reasonable makes everyone else able to discount them.

And with people like this guy representing them, who needs enemies?

Well,from my own perspective......calling a Browning Bar or Rem Woodmaster a 'MSSA' is also somewhat unreasonable.....but hey,thats just me.

Hmmm, and are these people really fit to represent us? Someone who thinks the common saying 'get burnt', which means that your own decision will likely have an adverse effect on you, is a threat? And if you don't think the politicians and Police have been scaremongering, ... just tap your head sideways on the wall, to dislodge what little remains of the grey matter that you obviously don't have any use for, and join the sheeple over there.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Quote Originally Posted by gadgetman View Post
    Hmmm, and are these people really fit to represent us? Someone who thinks the common saying 'get burnt', which means that your own decision will likely have an adverse effect on you, is a threat? And if you don't think the politicians and Police have been scaremongering, ... just tap your head sideways on the wall, to dislodge what little remains of the grey matter that you obviously don't have any use for, and join the sheeple over there.
    I suppose the adage regarding self discharging a fire arm into a hoof, would be equally threatening. Baaa....😜
    gadgetman likes this.

“A gun man commits mass murder” and you want to put the blame on the police?
    Well the police have a great history of not telling the truth, planting evidence and charging the wrong person. Well I think the acid should be put on the police before the legal gun owners, dude!!!
    stingray, Pengy, hamsav and 4 others like this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by Growlybear View Post
    I suppose the adage regarding self discharging a fire arm into a hoof, would be equally threatening. Baaa....��
    I just keep getting that saying in my head every time they speak, "If you have half a mind to be a politician you're over qualified."
    kotuku likes this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Hes close friends with j collins so a hatchet job on her behalf isn't surprising, after her performance at the oral submissions she would be needing some friends. Mostly Id guess its just jumping on the band wagon for click bait. I read somewhere he recently declared bankruptcy? And really, does anyone actually read that pitiful site?
    Steve123 likes this.
    Rules are for the obedience of fools
    and the guidance of wise men” Sir Douglas Bader.

Quote Originally Posted by gadgetman View Post
    I just keep getting that saying in my head every time they speak, "If you have half a mind to be a politician you're over qualified."
    I saw a poster once, that said " Guy Fawkes was the only man ever to have entered parliament with honorable intent. "

I particularly took interest in his comment "If they were willing to compromise they could prevent the guns from being banned by, say, simply proposing if you have an E category AND a B category license AND participate in regular competition you can keep your guns. But of course they won’t."
    what a load of shite.
    All the way through we have pretty much had the hint from the powers that be that we are like a bunch of spoiled brats that have been partying too hard and enough was enough. The rules they are a changing and already basically said that they wont listen to us and didn't give us time to do it properly.
    That's a sign that they wanted it through before the country quietened down and we had a shot at bringing up some reasonable arguments to sway a few.
    I honestly believe that the submission process is a farce and they will do what they like anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by systolic View Post
    From the Whaleoil blog, who have traditionally been very supportive of shooters and shooting. Even having a weekly Wednesday Weapons feature.

https://www.whaleoil.co.nz/2019/04/g...needs-enemies/

by Kevin on April 7, 2019 at 1:30pm

A gunman commits mass murder and you want to put the focus on the cops? Really dude?
    It was the police who screened him fit and proper to hold a firearms license. We know about that screening.
    It was the police who at least four times more certified that he was fit and proper, at each of his firearms purchases from GC.
    In fairness, it was the police but also the governments who for years failed to do an order in council making large capacity magazines E-cat.

So, yes, no problem there.
    JoshC, Maca49, erniec and 4 others like this.
    Join COLFO - Be a represented firearms owner.

Give it a break, why bother posting crap from people with no comphrehension... he said this is why... he made no threat.

Give him a -10 for comprehension...
    Last edited by Sidney; 07-04-2019 at 06:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by csmiffy View Post
    I particularly took interest in his comment "If they were willing to compromise they could prevent the guns from being banned by, say, simply proposing if you have an E category AND a B category license AND participate in regular competition you can keep your guns. But of course they won’t."
    what a load of shite.
    All the way through we have pretty much had the hint from the powers that be that we are like a bunch of spoiled brats that have been partying too hard and enough was enough. The rules they are a changing and already basically said that they wont listen to us and didn't give us time to do it properly.
    That's a sign that they wanted it through before the country quietened down and we had a shot at bringing up some reasonable arguments to sway a few.
    I honestly believe that the submission process is a farce and they will do what they like anyway.
    To be honest, we wrote to Colfo re the 30 round mags being avail to A cat. Their reply was” yes we know but we are not saying anything” now that’s not right?
    chainsaw likes this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

another fucking 5min wonder trying to emulate the master who alas has finally come face to face with ma nature the most dangerous bitch of all and she struck back -terminally alas for this bowl of shite website. gadget youre so right but FFS stop belting your head against the wall -it'll lay a complaint of ill treatment with the human rights commission ,then wee golly from the greens will take up its case!
    time rider =-you there lass -give the old man a quick clip[ under the ear will ya and save a wall in gadgetville
    gadgetman likes this.

I've seen the video and to be honest he did get some very good points in, then the polititions resorted to playing the man not the issue. There is a load of Marxists in labour and the greens who bottom line is to completly dis-arm everyone except the state. That is the agenda. So it doesn't matter what is done when 'public' good is roped in. Sorry to burst any bubbles.
    Maca49, chainsaw, Steve123 and 3 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by kotuku View Post
    another fucking 5min wonder trying to emulate the master who alas has finally come face to face with ma nature the most dangerous bitch of all and she struck back -terminally alas for this bowl of shite website. gadget youre so right but FFS stop belting your head against the wall -it'll lay a complaint of ill treatment with the human rights commission ,then wee golly from the greens will take up its case!
    time rider =-you there lass -give the old man a quick clip[ under the ear will ya and save a wall in gadgetville
    It's OK, I'm only banging my head in disbelief.

Oi, and less of the old bit. Get enough of that from @TimeRider. I'm still only 21 and a bit, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.