Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: Guys - Can We All Calm Down On The Changes To The Law

Guys - Can We All Calm Down On The Changes To The Law

Can we please wait and see what the fine print is on this ? There has to be more than what was announced this afternoon - they have said there is more detail to come . At first glance its all too simple for that to be it in total.

Plotting and scheming wont make it all go away , lets sit tight , remember those who chose to break ranks and throw us under a whole convoy of buses, and wait and see what else they throw at us .

We need to act responsibly on this please
    Shootm, Kiwi Greg, Tertle and 21 others like this.
    Cats have nine lives-which makes them ideal for experimentation...

Quote Originally Posted by muzza View Post
    Can we please wait and see what the fine print is on this ?
    No
    nightowl52 and Cordite like this.

Most transparent government ever. What's a fine print?

Yes, and start thinking about your submission. Put down what it means to you to legally own a semi-automatic firearm. The great people you've met; how you won a trophy; It enables you to effectively fight the scourge of pests on your farm; you take pride in owning something that needs a responsible person behind it; You enjoy the rich history of the AR15 (it is a 60 year old rifle!), etc.

There is for sure going to be more, but they have already enacted the changes in definition to e cat. If you currently own an a cat ar15 you are now a criminal in waiting. Cool aye!

There's an amnesty in place. You wont be criminalized while that's in effect.
    rewa likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Recoil View Post
    There's an amnesty in place. You wont be criminalized while that's in effect.
    Hence the in waiting part

All because an anti-immigration Australian immigrant.... decided to murder a bunch of other people.... because of immigration.
    gadgetman, Maca49, Cordite and 1 others like this.

If that is what it ends up being really about.

Likely just a miserable, lonely, impotent, nobody who also happens to be an incredibly angry asshole that just wants an excuse to kill people.

None of it makes sense.
    rewa likes this.

rewa likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hauraki View Post
    She lost me at "She said the basic difference with military-style semi-automatics is that they can fire at a faster rate than other semi-automatics." WTF....Anyone else want to hop on the bus to lolly land...? Otherwise I would like to try a couple of what she is smoking if its still legal....
    gadgetman, Maca49 and outlander like this.

You guys are going off on a tangent again - as every thread on this subject does.

At present we do not know the final details of what is and isnt banned , what restrictions are in place on other things , what affect there will be on on other classes of firearms. Jumping up and down and getting hysterical wont change the situation so its a pointless response.

I have to say I was expecting far worse , so maybe we should count our selves lucky so far. Theres no going back but we can all go forwards like sensible people once we know exactly where we are going
    Cats have nine lives-which makes them ideal for experimentation...

Repeat the point in every letter we are the most responsible firearms owners in the world. Remind them that every discussion you have ever seen was either about the sport of hitting targets, or the best way to humanely dispatch an animal, which is true.

There has never been a discussion around anything else in all the time I have been here, to my knowledge.
    Marty Henry, outlander and rewa like this.

You guys are going off on a tangent again - as every thread on this subject does.

At present we do not know the final details of what is and isnt banned , what restrictions are in place on other things , what affect there will be on on other classes of firearms. Jumping up and down and getting hysterical wont change the situation so its a pointless response.

I have to say I was expecting far worse , so maybe we should count our selves lucky so far. Theres no going back but we can all go forwards like sensible people once we know exactly where we are going
    Well said @muzza,I also was expecting worse and even think it doesn't go far enough.
    I don't see the decision as being knee jerk but pretty sensible and compared to what Australia did after Port Arthur to their shooting fraternity we should be pretty happy the announcements were harsher.
    Moa Hunter and rewa like this.

I think it's already quite clear now
    Essentially any semi with detachable magazines except .22lr are effectively banned. You can't buy any. And they will all be surrendered (told by AO) once the law passes or within a month from yesterday.
    E cat is done.