Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Knives Africa Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Here's a proposal.

Here's a proposal.

To honour the Muslim victims of the Christchurch atrocity, we cancel Easter.
    kiwijames and 40mm like this.

Now that is an interesting proposal.

Would you have considered this before the attack?

How will all the christians and churches react to this?

New Zealand is still, I believe, a prdominantly "Christian Society", the meaning of what that means being open to wide interpretation.

Such a proposal, if taken seriously by Kiwi's, would promote a lot of division and further rancour among our already shocked nation.

Would not such a proposal just further the aims and hoped for outcomes the "shooter who is not to be named" had in the first place......causing the most possible disruption, division, anger and terror in our community?

Just thoughts to consider.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil_H View Post

New Zealand is still, I believe, a prdominantly "Christian Society", the meaning of what that means being open to wide interpretation.

Such a proposal, if taken seriously by Kiwi's, would promote a lot of division and further rancour among our already shocked nation.

Would not such a proposal just further the aims and hoped for outcomes the "shooter who is not to be named" had in the first place......causing the most possible disruption, division, anger and terror in our community?

Yup. I think you and me are on the same wavelength here, I just write shorter.
    Cordite likes this.

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar

Pretty sure NZ is actually predominantly an Atheist country. The majority of the minorities would be Christian and all the offshoots from there.
    Savage1 likes this.
    The Universe is a cruel, uncaring void. The key to being happy isn't a search for meaning. It's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually, you'll be dead. -Mr Peanutbutter

As I said, "Open to wide interpretation".

What does christian mean today to most people? And no, I don't necessarily need or want for an answer on that. Perhaps for each to think on in their own time as I'm not trying to stir up a religious discussion here.

and how many hunters go to a christian church at easter........ right smack in the roar .......most kiwis celebrate having 4 days off not some imaginary event of 2000 odd years ago

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    As I said, "Open to wide interpretation".

What does christian mean today to most people? And no, I don't necessarily need or want for an answer on that. Perhaps for each to think on in their own time as I'm not trying to stir up a religious discussion here.
    Sorry didn't mean to sound argumentative. I just think its a common misconception that we are a Christian country. We may have been founded that way but most of us now have one less god to bother.

Ban religion before semis would be a more constructive option IMO
    R93, Mauser308 and berg243 like this.
    The Universe is a cruel, uncaring void. The key to being happy isn't a search for meaning. It's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually, you'll be dead. -Mr Peanutbutter

Quote Originally Posted by kiwijames View Post

like this

MSL
    Sorry didn't mean to sound argumentative. I just think its a common misconception that we are a Christian country. We may have been founded that way but most of us now have one less god to bother.

Amen to that

Where do we sign?
    Overkill is still dead.

Quote Originally Posted by MSL View Post
    Amen to that
    I see what you did there ;-)

Do we still get the days off??

Ahhhhhh.....a discussion on religion.
    @Sidney?
    Welcome to Sako club.

Something we should point out to the government

So, when they buy back all the antique guns with tubular magazines, and all the bolt actions with removable mags, we should point out that we will take their money and go straight out and purchase more guns. End result will be no benefit whatsoever to the public, but just cost them money!

As for the "antique" rifles, they will be replaced with semi-auto .22's which have a greater firing capacity, but which will still conform.

How ridiculous is this? Its actually very counter productive, as well as being VERY costly to the taxpayer.

Quote Originally Posted by 300winmag View Post
    Do we still get the days off??
    No! Because the word holiday comes from Holy Day. If you don't believe in Santa... So everyone stop taking time off and get back to work!
    Growlybear, Cordite and xtightg like this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!