Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Watch Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: I' struggling with one thing

I' struggling with one thing

So if I own one of these new out-lawed weapons ( i mean firearms ) legally, I have the chance of getting some money back.....But if I owned it illegally I get no money back?
    So if I owned it illegally before hand and now still own it illegally under the new rules I struggle to see the point in handing it in?
    So to me the rules haven't changed, if you had illegal weapons (firearms) before hand why would you still not want to have them... they are still classed as the same illegally weapon!

I'm sure there is good reason for this but my poor little tiny wee brain is struggling to see why I would hand in my already illegal weapons, Not that I have any.....I'm just making a point, and waiting on the knock on the door!

Actually my little tiny wee brain had another thought which will save anyone replying to the above.......So the people that aren't going to shoot anyone or everybody are going to hand their weapons in and get some money back (I doubt it, the money thing that is), so at least we know it's only the bad people that will have the weapons.......Fuck I'm glad I managed to work that out myself, I feel so much safer now.

Quote Originally Posted by screamO View Post
    So if I own one of these new out-lawed weapons ( i mean firearms ) legally, I have the chance of getting some money back.....But if I owned it illegally I get no money back?
    So if I owned it illegally before hand and now still own it illegally under the new rules I struggle to see the point in handing it in?
    So to me the rules haven't changed, if you had illegal weapons (firearms) before hand why would you still not want to have them... they are still classed as the same illegally weapon!

I'm sure there is good reason for this but my poor little tiny wee brain is struggling to see why I would hand in my already illegal weapons, Not that I have any.....I'm just making a point, and waiting on the knock on the door!

Actually my little tiny wee brain had another thought which will save anyone replying to the above.......So the people that aren't going to shoot anyone or everybody are going to hand their weapons in and get some money back (I doubt it, the money thing that is), so at least we know it's only the bad people that will have the weapons.......Fuck I'm glad I managed to work that out myself, I feel so much safer now.
    Yes, @SceamO, I feel so much safer now too. Oh, and that knock on the door, .... probably just a politician tapping the side of their head.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

You are spot on.
    There is no reason for gangs or any other criminals to hand on guns as they won't get any compensation.

So like usual the good guys get punnished and the bad eggs get off scott free.
    Mr Browning likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetroot View Post
    You are spot on.
    There is no reason for gangs or any other criminals to hand on guns as they won't get any compensation.

So like usual the good guys get punnished and the bad eggs get off scott free.
    They know that the majority of licenced owners will hand in their now illegal firearms which will allow them to stand up in the Beehive and sprout forth for all to hear how safer we are now. It won't even enter their heads that the illegal arms held prior to the amnesty are still out there. As long as they get the law abiding owners firearms all will be choice and congratulations will be given all round.
    outlander likes this.

@screamO you should go into politics
    oxfarmer likes this.

ebf
    The reverse side of the coin is a bit more scary guys.

Assume for a minute the government announces a "buy-back" for illegally held firearms.

What happens then is that every single low-life scumbag will do their absolute best to steal firearms from the legal license holders to make some extra money.
    Micky Duck and sightpicture like this.
    Viva la Howa ! R.I.P. Toby

Quote Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    @screamO you should go into politics
    That's a bit harsh, just because I've got a tiny wee brain

That's a bit harsh, just because I've got a tiny wee brain
    actually after your first post I thought you were a bloody genius with reasoning like that
    screamO likes this.

Amnesty? So if I hand in my illegal weapons, not only do I get nothing for them, not even a thanks...I also go straight to jail!!!

Great incentive to do it eh??? wtf!

It's not my guns you have to fear, I can assure you that. It's the lowlife p-head, or mongrel mob, or black power cunt with the untraceable gun you should be worried about.
    screamO, Sako851 and sometimes1 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ebf View Post
    The reverse side of the coin is a bit more scary guys.

Assume for a minute the government announces a "buy-back" for illegally held firearms.

What happens then is that every single low-life scumbag will do their absolute best to steal firearms from the legal license holders to make some extra money.
    But we won't have any, as ours would have already been handed in. It may be a deliberate strategy, to buyback ours first, and then extend the buyback to people with no FAL etc

It never was and never will be their intention to take illegal guns off criminals.
    veitnamcam, ebf, northdude and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cigar View Post
    But we won't have any, as ours would have already been handed in. It may be a deliberate strategy, to buyback ours first, and then extend the buyback to people with no FAL etc
    You may be giving them too much credit there.

Quote Originally Posted by kimjon View Post
    Amnesty? So if I hand in my illegal weapons, not only do I get nothing for them, not even a thanks...I also go straight to jail!!!

Great incentive to do it eh??? wtf!

It's not my guns you have to fear, I can assure you that. It's the lowlife p-head, or mongrel mob, or black power cunt with the untraceable gun you should be worried about.
    Now now...that's our community leaders you are talking about. ...
    kimjon likes this.

Even after many years since the OZ buy back every amnesty over here still results in many firearms being handed in .
    Most of the time it’s a case of the next generation finding Grandads .303 or hammer shotgun that he refused to hand in back in the day .
    They have a no questions asked policy , and if you are a licensed shooter and the firearm is of a category that your license allows it can be simply added on to your registered list of firearms no questions asked .
    I know of a couple of guys recently that were approached by worried people who had found firearms in the attic , they gave them to the licensed shooters who then registered them in their name .

Everyone wins

The government now knows about those firearms.
    The innocent law breakers are in the clear .
    The Shooters just got a couple of free guns .
    Micky Duck likes this.
    FALL IN LOVE WITH THE NUMBERS , NOT THE IDEA

You need an even smaller brain to properly understand their angle.. I had a break through after getting a concussion on the weekend while drunk:

1) the CHCH shooter had a firearm license <--don't ask the obvious question here
    2) he shot people
    3) therefore - all possible future shootings will be at the hand of a license holder

QED