Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Watch Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Jacinda Ardern calls for global approach to block harm on digital platforms

Jacinda Ardern calls for global approach to block harm on digital platforms

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=12220450

Rough translation, she can't bullshit her way through it, overseas journalists would slaughter her, NZ can't afford to do anything constructive about it.

Maybe spend some more money where it's needed, mental health, roading, teachers and St John paramedic salaries would be a half reasonable starting point.
    Steve123 and sightpicture like this.

Translation: The media has lost all credibility and we no longer control the narrative, so we need to get this pesky internet under control. People are having independent thoughts and sharing them! Its anarchy!
    Beavis, tetawa, mikee and 9 others like this.

I thought it was all about the right-wing wanting to 'ban' things like information..... go figure

Who decides what’s harmful, personally I find the left wing do gooders brigade harmful to my sanity, can we ban them?
    Last edited by Garilla; 08-04-2019 at 09:43 PM.
    Cordite and outlander like this.

RRA
    their words are so cheap, why don't they just ban the facebook outright instead just calls this calls that, doesn't make a dent in reality.

Quote Originally Posted by RRA View Post
    their words are so cheap, why don't they just ban the facebook outright instead just calls this calls that, doesn't make a dent in reality.
    why dont they just block it. surely they know whats best for all of us

I don't think "we can do this" is going to work against the Silicon Valley big money guys
    Cordite likes this.

Considering she's apparently just realised she doesn't have any spare cash to flash - fair point...

The sooner she is put out to pasture the better off this country will be. I hope the 250,000 FAL holders remember this whole event in 2020.
    GUN CONTROL IS A TIGHT 5-SHOT GROUP.

I found it very Ironic that one of the first statements she is quoted as saying is

... she met with a group of digital media experts in Auckland on Friday to learn more about the issue.

"I wanted to make sure I had the views of those that work in the [social media ] space, particularly given that questions are being raised........"

"My question here would be: Do those legislative tools answer the questions and challenges we faced through March 15? If not, what more should we ask, and should we be asking that together?"

"Lawmakers often tell me we have too much power over speech, and frankly I agree.
    ".

Man they are some crackers. Why doesn't she ask the firearms owners these same questions....?

Some proper clangers there.....

I'll remember this event well past 2020....!

Hey Thief In Chief Jacinda - whyn't you start with Erdogan's digital rants, since SleepyDwarf Peters couldn't stay awake long enough to tell him off for publicly targeting Kiwis? Or, you could do something about Twatter

Viz Imran Khan / Dateline Islamabad: Claiming that increasing “Islamophobia” after the 9/11 terror attacks in the US was responsible for the attack on two mosques in New Zealand that killed at least 49 worshippers, Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan on Friday strongly condemned the terror attack on the mosques in New Zealand. Prime Minister Khan tweeted: “Shocked and strongly condemn the Christchurch, New Zealand, terrorist attack on mosques. This reaffirms what we have always maintained: that terrorism does not have a religion. Prayers go to the victims and their families.”

'Terrorism doesn't have a religion.' Oh really? This from Pakistan - where it's open season on Christians year-round. Who the feck is killing Christians in whose name in your country, Imran baby - the freaking Amish? https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/4...ing-christians

And Imran, about the naughtiness of collective guilt ie. in your twatspeak "I blame these increasing terror attacks on the current Islamophobia post-9/11 where Islam & 1.3 bn Muslims have collectively been blamed for any act of terror by a Muslim." Yeah, the COLliars didn't get your memo that collective guilt is a no-no. Try again, or do we hear crickets...?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Browning View Post
    The sooner she is put out to pasture the better off this country will be. I hope the 250,000 FAL holders remember this whole event in 2020.
    I will. Whatever small amounts of compo I get when I hand the Sauron Gun in, are already earmarked for a fighting (strictly in the verbal and written senses O GCSB sniffer!) fund for the 2020 election. I'm calling it the APOAYH fund.

Bus driver

My sticker for 2020

My sticker for 2020
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    It's not the mountain we conquer,but ourselves.....Sir Edmund Hillary

Quote Originally Posted by Steve123 View Post
    I don't think "we can do this" is going to work against the Silicon Valley big money guys
    They are all on board. They want this to put a permanent wall around their monopoly. They have already voluntarily de platformed the right in the US. Not the Nazis, we can all agree no one needs to see symbols of the Nazis. They used that as cover to de platform a large part of the mainstream right wing. I am deeply sick of the "right wing" slur. I am mostly a liberal until if comes fiance and the military. They never acknowledge there is a deeply anti-war portion to the right and the anti-war portion of the left has evaporated.

Libya got liberalized by violence. What did Hillary say "we came, we saw, he died"? Now Libya has open slave markets. Apparently if you appose this sort of behavior you are "extreme right" and need to be de platformed.
    Steve123, Cordite and xtightg like this.