Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Knives Africa

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Labour to face enquiry following big gaff.

Labour to face enquiry following big gaff.

Iíve just been sent a copy of an email that has been circulated to some, or all of the MPís. It seems that shooters like myself, who collect old slide action .22ís have started already to ensure that the ridiculous banning of these particular old favourites, will not go unnoticed. The cost is substantial when added to other tube magazine rifles that are out there.
    The email also points out how crazy it is that these have been lumped in somehow with weapons which are particularly dangerous, or that might be chosen by a person wanting to go all Rambo.
    Sorry I canít share it as i have been asked not to. Some of you out there will have seen a copy though Iím sure.

Labourís opposition will make a bloody field day out of such things as this when it all comes to light. I know they are still riding on the wave of public support for ban the gun, but that will fade pretty soon enough, and then the costs will have to be counted and questions asked. Much of what they have done might be justifiable to many, but in some instances, it cannot be accounted for by any stretch of oneís imagination. Even the ardent supporters of the gun ban won't like having to stump up cash for antique guns to be taken from circulation knowing that quite likely the money will be used to buy a much newer gun like the Ruger 10-22. Crazy stuff eh.

What goes around comes around.
    chainsaw likes this.

Jacinda said No to a pay rise for teachers. They wont be impressed to see the buyback paying for in rifles that really aren't a problem.
    timattalon, Fawls and Andrew11 like this.
    RIP Larry S. 19/02/19

Quote Originally Posted by Max Headroom View Post
    Jacinda said No to a pay rise for teachers. They wont be impressed to see the buyback paying for in rifles that really aren't a problem.
    You aint kidding. And we will make dam sure this information is spread far and wide. It just needs quantifying so that its easy for the layman to understand. Then again, its not rocket science. Basically they are paying out to get an antique destroyed and knowing that the reciever of the cash will likely go out and buy a much BETTER gun! LOL
    What a complete boo boo. They will be creamed for this gaff!

LETS GET THIS OUT THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!

This might sound small fry to most of you guys, but seriously, its the sort of million dollar gaff that could really get up peoples noses.

i' not much a pump action fan though my wife has a p.a shotty. but i'm a huge lever action aficionado so i can see us all getting screwed over

Quote Originally Posted by gonetropo View Post
    i' not much a pump action fan though my wife has a p.a shotty. but i'm a huge lever action aficionado so i can see us all getting screwed over
    Yes, and there are thousands of us out there, and we should all make sure that this gets the publicity it deserves. The public might not care about our loss, but when they know what they are paying for our antiques, they will have a shit!!!!!!

I think my Grandfathers 110 year old pump action .22 is now an "MSSA"

They have seriously botched this.
    Kiwi Greg likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tussock View Post
    I think my Grandfathers 110 year old pump action .22 is now an "MSSA"

They have seriously botched this.
    likewise my l/a blr22
    still yet unfired due to injury

Quote Originally Posted by Saxguy View Post
    LETS GET THIS OUT THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!
    lets get what out where? 19 posts and hinting at a letter you arnt sharing?

New poster makes unsubstantiated claims?

Quote Originally Posted by gonetropo View Post
    likewise my l/a blr22
    still yet unfired due to injury
    I won't like this post, that sucks.

Send it

Quote Originally Posted by Bill999 View Post
    lets get what out where? 19 posts and hinting at a letter you arnt sharing?

New poster makes unsubstantiated claims?
    Bill, sorry if I wasnt clear on what I said, and also for being a new poster.
    What I mean by getting this out there, is the fact that we know that the government will be paying out to get old antiquated guns from circulation, which resemble nothing like the MSSA types that most people believe is what they are paying for. That in itself isnt an unsubstantiated claim, its fact as we all know.
    As for the letter, again sorry I cant share, but that in itself is not important.
    Also, I feel that somehow you are having a jab at me for being a new poster? Thats okay, I don't mind. What I will say though, is that I bear no malice to anyone here, and I feel its in all our interests to help and support each other, sooner than cast aspersions or back bite. We all need each other right now Bill.
    Cheers.
    Nick-D likes this.

How come you cant share the letter?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill999 View Post
    How come you cant share the letter?
    Because I gave my word. I will be seeing the guy tonight, so I'll see if that situation has changed.
    Basically, its only saying what we all know, but focuses on .22 antique style gallery guns. The fella is known to me because we have the same interest. There are a fair few out there who collect these apparently.