Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Looks like they are coming for our pistol too...

RRA

Looks like they are coming for our pistol too...

And yet I still haven't seen a news outlet reporting on all the banned 50 year old tube mag 22s...
    timattalon and Steve123 like this.

RRA
    Quote Originally Posted by GravelBen View Post
    And yet I still haven't seen a news outlet reporting on all the banned 50 year old tube mag 22s...
    they never will, they just don't care the damages have been done to us.

Bus driver
    Quote””We are going to have a look at the whole licensing regime," he told Newshub. "I admit that does not look like the sort of stock-standard pistol you'd imagine. It looks like a very scary weapon."

PUSSY!!!
    timattalon likes this.
    It's not the mountain we conquer,but ourselves.....Sir Edmund Hillary

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/polit...atics-ban.html

A brisk fisking is in order.

It's official: our gun laws have just drastically changed, and police are warning the now-illegal military style semi-automatics must not be used.

Because warning people always works like you think it does.

But there may still be loopholes that allow high-capacity guns in New Zealand.

There is certainly a loophole that allows the intellectually and morally bereft to spout forth on the media.

With the stroke of a pen, the Governor General gave the semi-automatics ban the royal assent following an emotional speech from Police Minister Stuart Nash.

With a stroke of his dick, Shane Jones agrees with this.

"We embrace those who lost their lives in the mosques. They are us."

They are dead because Government agents failed in their basic responsibilities. FIFY.

Now it's up to police to get all the guns back.

You didn’t think that one through before your wrote it, did you… you getting a woody from the thought of door-to-door ram-raids and search’n’seize? Put the wet dream down, pole-smoker…

On Thursday, they showed off an arsenal of weapons - what's still okay, and what's not.

Yes, they show off. That’s who they are now, that’s what they do now.

One weapon that isn't banned holds 33 rounds of ammunition, but it's actually a pistol.

Say it ain’t so! That’s unpossible that - with all the experts we had on board to carefully and lovingly craft precise legislation, we missed something! Who’d have thunk! Quick, pray to St Jacinda to absolve us! “Oh Mother Jacinda we bessech thee. Amen.” Phew. Bullet dodged. Oh wait! They’re arresting me for hate-speech! Helpppppppp…..!”

"I wouldn't say it's a loophole," Minister Nash said when asked. Pistols are not covered by the gun ban.

I would say you shouldn’t be out in public without a minder.

The Minister says that's because the pistol licencing regime is much more rigorous. It's harder to own one, and only 4500 people have the licence to do so.

“Why are those 4,500 people not committing pistol-based massacres 24/7 under the influence of their Evil Gunz? It’s a mystereee to meee” say all hoplophobes, forever.

"We are going to have a look at the whole licensing regime," he told Newshub. "I admit that does not look like the sort of stock-standard pistol you'd imagine. It looks like a very scary weapon."

“It looks like a very scary weapon”. I can’t fisk this. You look like a complete effwit, out of his depth in a shallow puddle.

He said he doesn't "particularly" like the idea of such weapons being sold in this country.

I now particularly don’t like a lot of things that you didn’t give me cause to dislike, until you ignored democratic principles and process and indulged your feelz with collective punishment and asset-seizure from all the people who DIDN'T commit or abet this evil clown's massacre of the innocent. I don't, for example, particularly like being taxed to pay for your salary, and that of the other tyrants-in-office. You’re not even first on my newly-written list, buckwheat, but it’s a long list so don’t fret. I’ll work my way through it. One legal, democratic tactic at a time.

Before the Minister even begins to think about his next lot of gun reforms, there's the mammoth task of collecting and destroying all the banned guns.

Err, no. The Minister didn’t think about his last lot of gun reforms, so that’s a non-sequitur right there, Newsgrubber.

Police will be heading round the country to collect guns to avoid too many people venturing out with them. The guns must stay locked up until then, and must not be used.

Really, Police will be heading around the country to collect gun. OK. So we were not paranoid when we feared home invasions / police raids, door-breaking-and-entering and forced confiscation? Well, you cleared that up nicely. But, once you start shooting startled home-owners who grab a broom or saucepan to protect their wives and children against home invaders… That. Will. Not. End. Well. For anyone.

"I expect 100 percent compliance, frankly," Deputy Commissioner Michael Clement said. "Those firearms are prohibited."

"I expect 100 percent compliance, frankly," Deputy Komissar Michael Clement (Order of the Beehive Soviet) said. "Those firearms are prohibited. And NZ police have a proud 100% track record of always finding and seizing prohibited items. Take, for example, how we disarmed the gangs!"

The next stage for the Government to work out is the buyback. Minister Nash says by May, gun owners will have a clear idea of what they'll be paid.

Oh, we already have a clear idea of what we’ll get paid handed back and expected to sit up and beg for, as a pittance to shut us up. One-eight of sweet FA.

Newshub.

Newsgrub.

Quote Originally Posted by A330driver View Post
    Quote””We are going to have a look at the whole licensing regime," he told Newshub. "I admit that does not look like the sort of stock-standard pistol you'd imagine. It looks like a very scary weapon."

PUSSY!!!
    He could have so easily replied something like " that clearly looks like a toy. Hang on, its a glock....they are a 9mm pistol that are already heavily controlled and restricted firearms. You need a pistol license to get one and they are very hard to get. Go and do a bit of research you media muppet / or snowflake..." I reckon that would have sounded like a decent response.

Quote Originally Posted by timattalon View Post
    He could have so easily replied something like " that clearly looks like a toy. Hang on, its a glock....they are a 9mm pistol that are already heavily controlled and restricted firearms. You need a pistol license to get one and they are very hard to get. Go and do a bit of research you media muppet / or snowflake..." I reckon that would have sounded like a decent response.
    Not to the ignorant masses who are still frothing at the mouth and butt hole over spooky guns and evil gun owners.

Will just have to wait for round two.
    Doubt they would want to add more firearms that they may need to payout for.
    Steve123 likes this.
    “he waka eke noa”

So they want everyone to hand in their guns we are ok they havnt said they want rifles

Quote Originally Posted by northdude View Post
    So they want everyone to hand in their guns we are ok they havnt said they want rifles
    I'd rather hand in my rifle than my gun, so would my wife too...

Quote Originally Posted by timattalon View Post
    ...already heavily controlled and restricted firearms. You need a pistol license to get one and they are very hard to get.

E cat was heavily controlled and restricted too, but still gone.
    Steve123, Cordite and sightpicture like this.

Quote Originally Posted by GravelBen View Post
    You’ll find there’s no compensation for granddads old bunny gun cos they’re part of the amnesty and not the buyback...sorry confiscation compensation. Nash alluded to this on a Newshub press release yesterday afternoon...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Waimata View Post
    E cat was heavily controlled and restricted too, but still gone.
    That there is the problem, it. Was not
    Steve123 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by tiroatedson View Post
    You’ll find there’s no compensation for granddads old bunny gun cos they’re part of the amnesty and not the buyback...sorry confiscation compensation. Nash alluded to this on a Newshub press release yesterday afternoon...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I can’t find that on Newshub, have you got a link?
    I wouldn’t take much notice of anything Stuart Nash says to the media, he has been proven wrong or had to backtrack on several things, such as parts not included in buyback, or dealers.
    Legally they have to pay compensation for what is now prohibited, so the worst they can do is only compensate for the magazine, as that is all that is prohibited on most of grandads bunny guns. In most cases the firearm is not prohibited, so legally you can keep the firearm if you remove and hand in the mag, and legally the government don’t have to pay you any compensation if you do hand it in.

Quote Originally Posted by Taff View Post
    That there is the problem, it. Was not
    What was uncontrolled about E Cat?
    Overkill is still dead.