Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Watch Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Mail order sales form

Mail order sales form

I'm getting one of these filled out (the receptionist is a tad frosty) right now. Last time they took it, emailed it to the arms officer then the arms officer emailed it to the store. They claimed my address was wrong till I pointed out it is the one they sent my license to and I have the paperwork. They called a few times and govt numbers seem to go straight to my answer machine and I don't see the messages for some reason (shit Chinese phone). All up it took 3 weeks.

Is this right? I thought a cope just witnessed my license and signed it?

My last 2 have been between 5-10 working days, they can hurry it along or make it drag out really. Some arms officers are really good. I havent had much luck personally. If you are lucky enough to have a personal relationship with your arms officer it can happen near on immediately. Again its luck.

I did one week before last Tim
    Did it on Monday lunchtime here, Tuesday the seller in the North Island had it from the arms office in Dunedin, Friday last week the rifle was here.
    Tussock likes this.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

I have done two when buying, one from a dealer, one private seller. In both cases they emailed me the form filled out with their and firearms details. I filled out my details and took form and license to police station. In both cases the seller had the completed form the following morning, emailed directly from police to seller.

Quote Originally Posted by Tussock View Post
    I'm getting one of these filled out (the receptionist is a tad frosty) right now. Last time they took it, emailed it to the arms officer then the arms officer emailed it to the store. They claimed my address was wrong till I pointed out it is the one they sent my license to and I have the paperwork. They called a few times and govt numbers seem to go straight to my answer machine and I don't see the messages for some reason (shit Chinese phone). All up it took 3 weeks.

Is this right? I thought a cope just witnessed my license and signed it?
    If you are talking about Oamaru cop shop, yes the woman at the desk is a bit frosty, or should we say, not positively displaying a welcoming attitude. Actually she must be a sister of the one often on the desk in Dunedin, maybe they get them from the same place. I put a form in one lunch time in Oamaru, AO in Dunedin had it sent to the seller next morning. Just for a bolt action. But what are YOU trying to buy???

Quote Originally Posted by Cordite View Post
    If you are talking about Oamaru cop shop, yes the woman at the desk is a bit frosty, or should we say, not positively displaying a welcoming attitude. Actually she must be a sister of the one often on the desk in Dunedin, maybe they get them from the same place. I put a form in one lunch time in Oamaru, AO in Dunedin had it sent to the seller next morning. Just for a bolt action. But what are YOU trying to buy???
    BSA Majestic Imperial from 1959. Probably not going to raise any eyebrows. I took Bub with me and I got a smile this time. Not all bad.
    jakewire, Micky Duck and Cordite like this.

Nice.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Quote Originally Posted by jakewire View Post
    Nice.
    Come fire it. Bring ear muffs. Not sure what it will be like having 20gr of powder fired backward at you
    jakewire likes this.

They can take as long as they want. But usually just a few days. I've found the Dunedin AO to really on the ball.
    NRT and Tussock like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dama dama View Post
    They can take as long as they want. But usually just a few days. I've found the Dunedin AO to really on the ball.
    She is nice too. Talked to me in the birthing clinic and wished me luck.

I dont think it needs to be the arms officer...any policeperson can witness it is my understanding....done it here in Geraldine a couple of times...hardest part is actually FINDING a copper.

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    I dont think it needs to be the arms officer...any policeperson can witness it is my understanding....done it here in Geraldine a couple of times...hardest part is actually FINDING a copper.
    Been through that. They can, but have been instructed not to
    Identify your target beyond all doubt

Quote Originally Posted by Tussock View Post
    Come fire it. Bring ear muffs. Not sure what it will be like having 20gr of powder fired backward at you
    Nothing the lathe can't fix, or hacksaw if your that way inclined.

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    Think everything has to be checked by an Arms Officer since the "Heather" episode. Nothing happens local here anymore, it's sent to Hamilton and if the Arms Officer is away you wait. Don't think the "receptionist at the station has access to the firearms registry any more.

Quote Originally Posted by tetawa View Post
    Nothing the lathe can't fix, or hacksaw if your that way inclined.
    I have other rifles. I'm not taking a hacksaw to this!