Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Knives Africa

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: My submission on the new laws

My submission on the new laws

We have been given only two days for submissions regarding the firearms law changes. Submit yours here too. Letís keep an informal
    Record of them for the end of time haha.

Keep discussion to a minimum and just copy paste your submission
    Here is mine....

Hello, i wish to make the following comments and notes for your consideration.

It is incredibly laughable at how fast this bill is being pushed through parliament without a purposeful amount of time permitted for proper public consoltation and consideration. A referendum on this matter would have been far more appropriate.

Please read the following paragraph and ask yourself the following while thinking wisely.. When the next massacre of innocent people with a semi auto firearm occurs in another say.. 29 years ( Aramoana until now ) ( and even longer before that, 1943 Featherston massacre) will you still blame semi autos??? Itís not the guns. Itís mental health and hate! There will always be guns! Just like beer and tobacco. We/mankind know how to make them!!

Every single New Zealander agrees that the law needs to change and change it must. But how and what changes is crucial.
    But blatantly banning semi autos because they are semi autos will not fix or save any future destruction of lives. ( bombs,trucks, poison and so on )

I would like to end this submission with a couple of really important logical thinking facts that need to be considered. Please read and value them.

1. It is going to cost a lot more than 300 million NZD to see this through, money way better spend elsewhere. Most semi autos are worth well more than $500 a piece. Try $2500 avg.

2. Does the government really only think there is 1.1 - 1.5 million firearms in NZ?? Seriously? After colonisation, two world wars and 150 years of sporting there is only 1.3 ~ million firearms. We have no idea how many firearms are here. But itís a lot more than the public are aware of.

3. The most important note of all. If this bill goes ahead then the government needs to pay full market value for the firearms. If not, bye bye 1000ís of A cat MSSAís. Doesnít take a lot of common sense to figure that one out. The gangs are rubbing their hands together Iím sure!

4. Get tougher with your laws and sentences, more than whatís proposed!!! what the hell are our judges doing? Itís so shameful. Get TOUGHER on the criminals!!! The government is more than happy to do it to the law abiding people.

5. Know and remember any weapon or firearm is capable of a massacre. All this bill is doing the way it is is creating a new black market for firearms and punishing law abiding gun licensed owners for a crime they had nothing to do with. These facts cannot be dismissed lightly.

Please consider this submission in all its context before making an informed decision.
    Thanking you
    Matt M.

I propose the following amendments to the current firearms laws. Please consider them seriously.

1. Any semi auto should be E or C cat. ( needing a reason to have it ) doesnít matter what caliber ect it is. You need to have a legitimate purpose to own any semi auto. Case by case assessment.

2. Stop or restrict the import of Semi Auto firearms or magazines or parts into NZ, ( NZ does not manufacture any semi autos or parts) No more semi autos imported for civilian market. There are hundreds of thousands of semi autos to go around.

3. Mandatory annual or bi annual assessment to be c/o for any firearms owner. This could be as a group/refresher or individually. People need to be assessed more often than 10 years. ( increase the firearms licence cost to cover this ).

4. E category endorsed firearms licence holders can only have a maximum of 3 registered semi autos.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you actually know as fact that NO Semi automatic arms or parts are manufactured in NZ?

I think you are delusional/seriously misinformed.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    Do you actually know as fact that NO Semi automatic arms or parts are manufactured in NZ?

I think you are delusional/seriously misinformed.
    I struggle to find any?? Obviously anything can be made on tooling. But prove me wrong?? I know we make some good ammo here!

Quote Originally Posted by Burb122 View Post
    I struggle to find any?? Obviously anything can be made on tooling. But prove me wrong?? I know we make some good ammo here!

You will struggle to find any now as they have been banned.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

You are throwing a good portion of the firearm owners under the bus. Thanks. But since the gouvernement does not care too much about what the firearm owners ( sorry, I mean the "evil gun lobby")have to say, they will probably fly over your submission like they will over all the others

Try Rotorua, full production!!
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

My submission on the new laws

Quote Originally Posted by Friwi View Post
    You are throwing a good portion of the firearm owners under the bus. Thanks. But since the gouvernement does not care too much about what the firearm owners ( sorry, I mean the "evil gun lobby")have to say, they will probably fly over your submission like they will over all the others

How? You could still buy semis and use em??

My reason for such arms is for collection. Pitiful reason but acceptable at the moment.

And yes in all honesty what they have written will become the law. The submissions are just a legal arse covering thing.

Letís see your submissions please??

Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    Try Rotorua, full production!!
    Who are they? Or should I say where they?

Submissions are a waste of time when it comes to government departments. It's a ploy to keep those affected busy doing something during a time when decisions are imposed. You're fooling yourself if you think any submission will make a difference, as by the time you're asked to submit one...the decisions have already been made. I know this by experience.

The 2 days gives the clue. Consider if the 250,000 firearms owners actually did write a submission, then that would be 0.23 seconds of time allocation to read it. That's how serious they will take your submission.
    veitnamcam likes this.

A better tactic is to leak any inside information you have and can provide facts about on public forums like this. The media, talk back radio, news etc all read these forums to gain insight into this sub culture we all belong too.

Things like the vetting process of the gunman where he slipped through the gaps and legally obtained a firearms license etc. Dish out the dirt on facts like that and you'll see it appear in the headlines very fast. But it has to be factual, not just some horse shit you made up in anger...as that has the opposite affect and makes gun owners look irrational and dodgy. Stick to facts.
    tetawa and Steve123 like this.

Burb 122, since you don't know that there is a small manufacturer of ar 15 parts in New Zealand , your blunt statement about it shows the kind of biased opinion you have on the issue.
    Why should a person entitled to own a MSSA be limited to 3? Or 1? Or 10? for that matter. You come with a random number out of your hat.
    In fact I wonder if you have ever owned an A cat version of a MSSA at all?

Do you really think that a dairy farmer in the middle of the waps has time to spare for a bi annual assessment of his person or firearm licence?
    My submission covers details points about things I know of. But I am not throwing others under the bus with it. And no I don't need to publish it here.
    veitnamcam, tetawa, mikee and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by kimjon View Post
    A better tactic is to leak any inside information you have and can provide facts about on public forums like this. The media, talk back radio, news etc all read these forums to gain insight into this sub culture we all belong too.

Things like the vetting process of the gunman where he slipped through the gaps and legally obtained a firearms license etc. Dish out the dirt on facts like that and you'll see it appear in the headlines very fast. But it has to be factual, not just some horse shit you made up in anger...as that has the opposite affect and makes gun owners look irrational and dodgy. Stick to facts.
    The police denied what Joe Green said about vetting. But they denied it without any specifics. I wonder if we will ever get to know how carefully that evil sicko was vetted. Also - with his really suspicious travel history, how did Immigration overlook him? (Being overseas for work, the search engines are not as censored and the little basturd travelled extensively throughout Europe, the Middle East and Asia, including Turkey, France, Pakistan, Bulgaria, Hungary and North Korea...).

Why the hell would shooters need to have annual reviews.We used to have lifetime permits and then licenses and they worked just fine in truth.Talk about scoring a home goal....
    veitnamcam and sightpicture like this.

I think you represent them, not us.
    veitnamcam and sightpicture like this.

I propose the following amendments to the current firearms laws. Please consider them seriously.

1. Any semi auto should be E or C cat. ( needing a reason to have it ) doesnít matter what caliber ect it is. You need to have a legitimate purpose to own any semi auto. Case by case assessment.

2. Stop or restrict the import of Semi Auto firearms or magazines or parts into NZ, ( NZ does not manufacture any semi autos or parts) No more semi autos imported for civilian market. There are hundreds of thousands of semi autos to go around.

3. Mandatory annual or bi annual assessment to be c/o for any firearms owner. This could be as a group/refresher or individually. People need to be assessed more often than 10 years. ( increase the firearms licence cost to cover this ).

4. E category endorsed firearms licence holders can only have a maximum of 3 registered semi autos.
    You have to be joking. Why should every F.A.L. owner of a semi-auto have to have an E or C- category endorsement? The government is not even contemplating that. As for your other three points; words fail me.
    tetawa likes this.
    "The 257 Roberts, some people like to call it the ď.257 Bob.Ē I think these people should be hung in trees where crows can peck at them." - David Petzal