Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Knives Africa

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: nash

nash

quote from the media release about the buy back

In the meantime, neither the Police Minister nor Police would tell Newshub how guns that have already been surrendered are being stored.
    "I'm not 100 percent sure, but what I do know is they are stored in a way that is a lot safer than they were before they were handed in," Nash said.

Forgotmaboltagain+1

Quote Originally Posted by Pengy View Post

In the meantime, neither the Police Minister nor Police would tell Newshub how guns that have already been surrendered are being stored.
    "I'm not 100 percent sure, but what I do know is they are stored in a way that is a lot safer than they were before they were handed in," Nash said.

I think it's "Mash" not Nash!
    Pengy likes this.

Pity he can't find somewhere safe to store his mouth.
    257weatherby and A330driver like this.

I heard something on the radio this afternoon saying Nash wasn't expecting anyone to make a fuss or get upset over the new laws. Apparently his reason was because they had to hand over their guns or risk going to jail for 5 years. I'm pretty sure people can hand over their guns and still make a fuss Or be upset about it!
    Cordite and sightpicture like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mauser308 View Post
    Pity he can't find somewhere safe to store his mouth.
    An "A" hole safe?
    chainsaw likes this.

He also wants to redefine what "fit and proper" is - coming from the guy who gets into childish fights over weights at the parliament gym
    Steve123 and Cordite like this.

Quote Originally Posted by sharktopus View Post
    He also wants to redefine what "fit and proper" is - coming from the guy who gets into childish fights over weights at the parliament gym
    Parliament has a gym- ohhhh fcuk me
    A330driver likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cigar View Post
    I heard something on the radio this afternoon saying Nash wasn't expecting anyone to make a fuss or get upset over the new laws. Apparently his reason was because they had to hand over their guns or risk going to jail for 5 years. I'm pretty sure people can hand over their guns and still make a fuss & be upset about it!
    I'm exactly that demographic.

Quote Originally Posted by Pengy View Post

Really ? Stored a lot safer than they were before? Facts ?
    They were most likely stored in line with the law that permitted them to be.
    mikee and Pengy like this.
    “he waka eke noa”

Last night I saw a TV clip where Nash was asked by a reporter whether the govt thought there would be difficulty with gun owners surrendering their retrospectively "now illegal" guns; while noting the gangs stated refusal to comply.
    His answer: "Ah no; because most are law abiding citizens".
    Then Hey Minister of Confiscation; why are you classing us as criminals and deciding to confiscate private lawfully owned and used property?
    Now here is an analogy for our repressive MP's:-
    A person acquires a Labrador puppy. He abused and teases it until it grows to being an extremely dangerous and aggressive dog. One day he takes it to a public park where he releases it amongst families and their pets. Children, adults and pets are severely maimed and some die. The authorities eventually capture and impound the dog and incarcerate its owner pending prosecution. Thenthe government under urgency and by use of orfer in council and with minimal open public consultation or recourse to parliamentary process, passed a law which forces confiscation and destruction of all Labrador dogs and Labrador cross dogs for destruction--
    Sound familiar?
    Surely this dictatorial government action can be corrected?

Can it? Are there ways?
    International Criminal Court? Other lawful recourses?

Anybody?

@Woody good analogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke556 View Post
    Maybe Gerry Brownlee has yet to discover where it is

Nga
    Here’s the thing, they have actually lost I’d say around 200,000 FAMILY votes, my tribe is 5 all voting age and all in support of responsible firearms owners, I’ll add that includes a daughter that was working at CHCH hospital that day (nurse), she seems to think the PM has overstepped on this one regarding the rush, and thinks the PM has just created a flood of firearms to the black market and is genuinely concerned, personally I was quite shocked at her opinion considering what she witnessed.
    As I said earlier, they better be good payouts, either way my family will not be voting for this government again in the near future, it’s pretty awesome having conversations with your adult offspring and having them agree with you for a change! Proud dad moment.
    dogmatix, Tikka7mm08, NZ32 and 9 others like this.
    Roses are red
    Bacon is red
    Poems are hard
    Bacon.

lets not forget the previous licence holder to commit murder.
    1: was a police officer
    2: stole a firearm from evidence lockup.

yep Nash thinks that is pretty safe right.
    gadgetman, Steve123 and Jewcati like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke556 View Post
    Theres your first mistake....It is the Jim.......They used to call it the John but the Jim sounds better in todays PC world. that way they can go to the JIM and not be called lazy when they are sitting on their arse reading a paper....