Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: The next round of amendments due for June

The next round of amendments due for June

Does anyone have any information on the next round of amendmants coming later in the year?

Cheers

No, but by the time the Govt has handled the first "cluster fuck" they have created this year will be gone.
    Cordite likes this.

Only what they have indicated in media releases, so security, vetting, licensing etc. more the admin stuff, shutting up the gate I guess....oh is that a horse I see in the distance...
    Moa Hunter likes this.
    “he waka eke noa”

Quote Originally Posted by tetawa View Post
    No, but by the time the Govt has handled the first "cluster fuck" they have created this year will be gone.
    I see no reason why they wouldn't attempt a multi cluster F**K. Except the perceived cost.
    RIP Larry S. 19/02/19

ebf
    Max, the correct technical term would be "omnifuck"...
    Viva la Howa ! R.I.P. Toby

That is, unfortunately, one thing they do have the expertise and flair for.
    Sasquatch and outlander like this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Well, lets make sure we get as much money as possible for what we have to hand over, including the unwanted accessories that can be claimed for. Its amazing how much stuff you can bolt on to an AR-15. Also, if we can claim for accessories and wotnot, seeing as we are forced to give up our property, we need to be REALLY compensated to the max. Then when the next lot of "handovers" become mentioned, we need to make it well known just how much THAT lot will cost the taxpayer. Oh, and the fact that we took our cash the first time around , and went straight back out and purchased more guns to make up for our loss. I already have my eye on two new pistols, and a hunting rifle. ie, if they take two, I'll go out and purchase three.... and so on. We'll see just how deep their pockets go huh.
    sometimes1 likes this.

It will include stuff like universal registration of whats left legal,maybe a shorter (5 year?) licensing period etc....they have not finished yet,nothing like it.
    mikee likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ebf View Post
    Ahhhhh.......
    RIP Larry S. 19/02/19

Expect it to happen in may, not June. Source, stuart nash's office. The sceptics in me says announcing it to happen in June then actually happening in may. Surprise, less time for submissions.

Govt documents indicate banning all external mags is being considered. Also, expect license yo yo to 5 years, (waste of time, no revocations with current 10 year license, ever), I suspect the old e cat security will be mooted as the new standard.

They may ask for limits on firearms per license holder, and expect universal registration, again, s waste of time

Quote Originally Posted by Danger Mouse View Post
    Expect it to happen in may, not June. Source, stuart nash's office. The sceptics in me says announcing it to happen in June then actually happening in may. Surprise, less time for submissions.

Govt documents indicate banning all external mags is being considered. Also, expect license yo yo to 5 years, (waste of time, no revocations with current 10 year license, ever), I suspect the old e cat security will be mooted as the new standard.

They may ask for limits on firearms per license holder, and expect universal registration, again, s waste of time
    Yes well best not give em any stupid ideas eh! ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Saxguy View Post
    Yes well best not give em any stupid ideas eh! ;-)
    Don't worry mate, they're perfectly capable of coming up with stupid ideas of their own - with or without our help.
    Survy and xtightg like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Danger Mouse View Post
    .....Also, expect license yo yo to 5 years, (waste of time, no revocations with current 10 year license, ever)...
    I hope it doesn't come to that. However, if you're implying there hasn't been any licence revocations on renewal after 10 years, then you'd be badly mistaken.
    "The 257 Roberts, some people like to call it the “.257 Bob.” I think these people should be hung in trees where crows can peck at them." - David Petzal

Quote Originally Posted by ebf View Post
    Useless fucks, I think, Pity is WE pay them to do it to us
    xtightg and sometimes1 like this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

I see a whole shit load of admin coming. A bureaucrats dream and a treasurers nightmare. By the time they process all of this there will be only two options left. A central office the size of the beehive, or laws far more lax than we have now.