Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Knives Africa Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: No money for parts and accessories?

No money for parts and accessories?

I was just reading on the newshub app that the police are saying they won't pay for banned parts. does anyone have the link to the official statement?

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/polit...n-t-cover.html
    Last edited by nowool; 06-04-2019 at 04:30 PM.

It's been said by Stuart Nash multiple times. They actually have to by law. All they are doing is risking non compliance and a class action lawsuit.

Yep banning a gun, banning a part, both were held in good faith until the ban, they are both your property, govt wants to confiscate both, govt no want to pay for both but govt still get to pay for both.

I have a British Army Osprey carry vest. Some of the detachable pouches are designed for 30 round mags SA80/AR15 type, never had use for them as I had to put bubble wrap at the bottom of them to be able to retrieve some .303 chargers put into them -- do you think I can participate in the Great Confiscation too, uncle @Beavis? It would be sad if I couldn't as it would give me something to do with my surplus property. Maybe they'll buy some hand grenade pouches too, except they are quite good for stripper clips.
    Join COLFO - Be a represented firearms owner.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordite View Post
    Yep banning a gun, banning a part, both were held in good faith until the ban, they are both your property, govt wants to confiscate both, govt no want to pay for both but govt still get to pay for both.
    and in most cases we have the correct paperwork to say we could in fact import said parts ....................or someone has. Now that the rules have changed someone owes us a shitload of $$ for our legally purchase but now banned stuff

Long time till September, theyíll soon change their tune after month 1, wen they have zero MSSA parts handed in, likewise if the prices for rifles are shit. As mentioned itís in law and we know the the police overlords donít know their own shit

It states quite plainly,under existing law,that parts that are required to be surrendered have to be compensated for....end of story.
    veitnamcam and Sasquatch like this.

Quote Originally Posted by nowool View Post
    I was just reading on the newshub app that the police are saying they won't pay for banned parts. does anyone have the link to the official statement?

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/polit...n-t-cover.html
    Arms act says they have to compensate for parts. News hub interviewed nash where he said they wouldn't turn showed the clause in the sct
    Steve123 likes this.

I have a metric fu8kton of import permits that clearly state that this part XYZ is imported for an MSSA, can't get much clearer than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    It's been said by Stuart Nash multiple times. They actually have to by law. All they are doing is risking non compliance and a class action lawsuit.
    And here's me thinking THEY risked a jail sentence...

Quote Originally Posted by GDMP View Post
    It states quite plainly,under existing law,that parts that are required to be surrendered have to be compensated for....end of story.
    Wondering aloud: if they don't compel the handing in of scopes, red dots, bandoliers, ammunition etc., then although these are now useless without the confiscated (I prefer 'stolen') semi-autos and other guns, they won't (have to) pay compensation, yes?

Quote Originally Posted by sightpicture View Post
    Wondering aloud: if they don't compel the handing in of scopes, red dots, bandoliers, ammunition etc., then although these are now useless without the confiscated (I prefer 'stolen') semi-autos and other guns, they won't (have to) pay compensation, yes?
    They clearly only feel obliged to compensate just for what they make illegal and then confiscate. There are other expenses - ' inconveniences ' - but you need a lawyer to say how likely you are to get fair compensation for this. It would be fair of course, but the question is if that level of fairness is enforceable. But natural justice seems a good starting point.
    sightpicture likes this.

Here it is http://www.radionz.co.nz/news/politi...cheme-released
    Fkn gutting to think my beloved AR ive spent so much effort and mangunlove on will end up in a worthless pile of shit all fkd up like those shown
    Wonder who these "independent advisers" are ?? I volunteer my services
    Hmmm minister "it would seem this is an extremely valuable version of the Chinese AR, worth at least 5K"
    nowool likes this.

"Nash said a legal framework for the gun buyback would be established as a first step towards determining the level of compensation and it would include compensation for high capacity magazines and parts."

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/chr...g-compensation

calm your tits.
    veitnamcam and viper like this.

was also mentioned that parts like suppressors and sights that could fit a cat firearms could be kept and not compensated for once those dangerous semis are handed in so you should have the option to keep fancy sights or hand them in attached to the illegal firearm and receive compensation for them also.

"1.5 million guns in the country and its analysis suggested the buyback would cost about $726m" so my math brings that to $600 /rifle.... Anyone know where you used to get a semi auto centrfire for those prices that doesn't I clife the local gang headquarters?

Rereading these figures .. 1.2 million firearms in the country not just those covered by buyback.

$700mill at $2k/rifle is 350,000 rifles
    Last edited by 223nut; 10-04-2019 at 05:12 PM.