Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Knives Africa Black Watch

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree10Likes
  • 5 Post By timattalon
  • 1 Post By chainsaw
  • 2 Post By scotty
  • 2 Post By timattalon

Thread: Response to my letter from PMs office - could be in Campfire.....

Response to my letter from PMs office - could be in Campfire.....

I wrote to the PM among others regarding these issues. I stressed that we need time to deal with everything and asked for patience.

I just about laughed when I read the reply. (Arrived April 2nd during the evening)

Thank you for writing to the Prime Minister setting out your thoughts on proposed gun controls following the recent tragic incident in Christchurch.

When legislation is introduced, you will have a chance to provide formal feedback through the select committee process.

If you wish to make comment on proposed changes at this stage, you can send them to gunlawchanges@parliament.govt.nz

Once the legislation has been referred to the select committee, the Clerk of the House will refer these comments to that committee.

Thank you for writing.

Kind regards

XXXX XXXXXX
    Office of the Prime Minister

Really???? Less than 4 days to read, understand and work out a legal document of 42 pages then write a submission....and they have the brass ones to think 4 days is acceptable?????

If it was not such an insult to democracy I would have laughed
    mikee, kotuku, chainsaw and 2 others like this.

Yep, farkn scum are making sure there is no chance for meaningful critique or consultations. And the Nats are gutless spineless shitheads for supporting and allowing this perversion of Democratic process and principles.

Any lawyers on here that can comment on any way by legal process that we as concerned public, could force a reasonable process. Court injunction?
    tetawa likes this.

I am thinking legal action,although difficult and expensive.....is really the only way forward as far as trying to have some fairness for shooters now.As parliament is just going to railroad us from here on in.

Quote Originally Posted by timattalon View Post
    I wrote to the PM among others regarding these issues. I stressed that we need time to deal with everything and asked for patience.

I just about laughed when I read the reply. (Arrived April 2nd during the evening)

Thank you for writing to the Prime Minister setting out your thoughts on proposed gun controls following the recent tragic incident in Christchurch.

When legislation is introduced, you will have a chance to provide formal feedback through the select committee process.

If you wish to make comment on proposed changes at this stage, you can send them to gunlawchanges@parliament.govt.nz

Once the legislation has been referred to the select committee, the Clerk of the House will refer these comments to that committee.

Thank you for writing.

Kind regards

XXXX XXXXXX
    Office of the Prime Minister

Really???? Less than 4 days to read, understand and work out a legal document of 42 pages then write a submission....and they have the brass ones to think 4 days is acceptable?????

If it was not such an insult to democracy I would have laughed
    Surprised you got a reply at all. thought it would have been handed to "STUFF" to do their work.

maybe have to get colfo to start an injunction now and all lfao's should sign up on an online form to give their support and also have a section for non license holders to also sign against this affront to democracy. this is starting to look like Germany when hitler came to power . this is the first major step in the direction of a dictatorship as when the populace does not have a means of resisting or a deterrent to forced control they are in the power of the governing body who has control over police and armed forces. I think the labour party should change their name to the undemocratic republic of communist New Zealand.

This is in the wrong thread but The parliamentary website says 6 pm the 4th not today at 6. Also due to the volume of submissions 3000 so far they are only hearing oral presentations on an invitation basis.

So who's invited?...... Philip alpers? Mediaworks bloggers? Shorthand street stars?
    john m and Steve123 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Henry View Post
    This is in the wrong thread but The parliamentary website says 6 pm the 4th not today at 6. Also due to the volume of submissions 3000 so far they are only hearing oral presentations on an invitation basis.
    6pm the 4th is for oral submissions, 6pm today (3rd) is the written ones.

First link says Thursday

https://www.parliament.nz/en/pb/sc/m...arts-amendment

Second link say Wednesday

https://www.radionz.co.nz/news/polit...rms-law-change

Neither is acceptable. Both dates are a sham.
    308 and csmiffy like this.

Just sent mine and it was rejected. Instead you have to go to Https://www.parliament.nz/en/pb/sc/make-a-submission/

Same here
    but I got it in just now

I'd hate to not have done everything I can and be one of those wankers who bitches about it afterwards

Fuck this government
    Fuck em high, wide and handsome
    Bunch of shitfuckers

I feel better now