Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Knives Africa DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Like Tree164Likes

Thread: Select Commitee hearing today.

Select Commitee hearing today.

From what I have been seeing already this morning. Not good.

A very limited number of people are being allowed to make submissions and it appears most have been making reasonable arguments.

The other thing that appears quite clear is that "Corruption Collins" is solely there in order to make unnecessary and irrelevant comments.

Twisting words, using quotes out of context and questioning if someone is "fit and proper" because he doesn't agree with the underhanded and undemocratic process.

Dismissing the concerns of an Airsoft spokesman as "water guns for big boys and girls" etc, etc.

If this is what we can expect from the hearing we are f*cked well and proper.

Collins is very disappointing. She should've known any political points she tried to score would just be seen as Arden's "decisive leadership". All she'll get is allienating the law abiding firearm license holders and anyone with some decency and common sense.
    MB and 40mm like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
    From what I have been seeing already this morning. Not good.

A very limited number of people are being allowed to make submissions and it appears most have been making reasonable arguments.

The other thing that appears quite clear is that "Corruption Collins" is solely there in order to make unnecessary and irrelevant comments.

Twisting words, using quotes out of context and questioning if someone is "fit and proper" because he doesn't agree with the underhanded and undemocratic process.

Dismissing the concerns of an Airsoft spokesman as "water guns for big boys and girls" etc, etc.

If this is what we can expect from the hearing we are f*cked well and proper.
    Judith Collins is the last person that should be administering anything related to firearms when she drops clangers such as "...there is no obligation of anyone to advise the police of a stolen firearm...". Unconscionable lack of knowledge from a former minister of police.

Her statement regarding deleting emails of her constituents regarding this bill without reading them not withstanding...
    "I would rather suffer under imperfect freedom, than languish under perfect control".

Interestingly one of the submitters was involved in the buy back in Aus.

"Gilchrist said it was a "fair market price" which shooters all seemed fairly happy with."

Really? Sorry, but I doubt that very much. Being forced to do something is not the same as being happy with it.

Why was his submission heard instead of one from someone who is dealing with the current proposal and it's clearly flawed logic rather than the as yet "hearsay" buy back.

Aye they hand picked who could speak, how is that democratic process ??!! ffs
    Preacher likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Judith Collins is the last person that should be administering anything related to firearms when she drops clangers such as "...there is no obligation of anyone to advise the police of a stolen firearm...". Unconscionable lack of knowledge from a former minister of police.

Her statement regarding deleting emails of her constituents regarding this bill without reading them not withstanding...
    The Nats are fucking dead to me. Bring on the next election, they’re going to be rinsed even worse this time. Piss weak cunts
    Identify your target beyond all doubt

"Farouk says he is not here to talk about weapons - he says he doesn't know much about weapons."

Then what the actual f*ck is he even doing in a committee hearing regarding firearms?

I feel for the people who lost loved ones and NZ society as a whole, but come on this is just emotional shite that should not be part of a legislative process.

"Farouk says he is not here to talk about weapons - he says he doesn't know much about weapons."

Then what the actual f*ck is he even doing in a committee hearing regarding firearms?

I feel for the people who lost loved ones and NZ society as a whole, but come on this is just emotional shite that should not be part of a legislative process.
    I'm more interested how/why Chloe Swarbrick and Tamati Coffee are on the committee...
    ANOTHERHUNTER likes this.
    Hawkes Bay Rifle Club - http://www.sporty.co.nz/hbrc

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt View Post
    I'm more interested how/why Chloe Swarbrick and Tamati Coffee are on the committee...
    Chloe at least asked a few question that involves some brain cells to ask. Tamati is mainly there for the free lunch.
    chainsaw likes this.

Because they have exactly no idea what they are doing or listening to. They are there purely to show the "inclusion" factor, i.e young/gay/female/brown. Both very left wing liberal (no suprises). I'm all for a diverse committee but this is all about pretending to listen.

That is also why we have several submissions based on emotions rather than facts.

Admittedly Ms Swarbrick at least had the decency to ask questions. @hauraki beat me to it!

Admittedly Ms Swarbrick at least had the decency to ask questions. @hauraki beat me to it!
    I take that back on her questioning "criminals don't use registered guns"...

There are questions, and there are questions.
    ebf and chainsaw like this.

Catching up on part 2, Pistol NZ did great presentation.

Yeah PNZ were great, Mike Loder however... Not a great representation as he was far too triggered. Tipple while not a great speaker wasn't too bad, he was able to at least clarify that some magazines are compatible with both semi's and boltys
    ebf likes this.
    Hawkes Bay Rifle Club - http://www.sporty.co.nz/hbrc

ebf

Preacher, I disagree with you on this.

He is there resenting people who have been and will continue to be affected in a very real way by what is being.discussed today.

I think he made a very valid point about hobbies vs public safety.

Even as a bona fide sport shooter, who is in line to loose both my sport and my rifles, I think it is important to listen to all sides and to try and understand their views.
    mikee and Cordite like this.
    Viva la Howa ! R.I.P. Toby