Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Like Tree128Likes

Thread: So, who has written to their MP?

So, who has written to their MP?

I know a lot of people are waiting to see what is going to come out the HAT next week regarding the new gun law, but actually should we not individually take action and write to our MP ( or MPs)? I know we don t all have exactly the same view on the subject, but at least we should minimise the size of the stick they are going to beat us with.
    Although I understand there are two petitions circulating on social media against some of our views which have already reached the 30000 signatures. Has any of the gun associations started one?
    bunji and Sideshow like this.

gonna have a few days in the bush to blow out all the cobwebs theyve managed to ensnare alot of garbage lately when i get back i should be able to put something articulate on paper
    bigbear likes this.

this is the only social media I do im old that's if this is social media so havnt seen one petition and not very good at writing nice letters one of my weaknesses is being very blunt and honest which doesn't come across well with most people
    Shootm likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by northdude View Post
    one of my weaknesses is being very blunt and honest
    this is why we dont have good representation in parliament........we dont know how to lie cheat and deceive.....
    Shootm, JoshC, timattalon and 4 others like this.

Anyone who is not confident in their writing skills, PM me with your letter, or as close as you can get to the points you want to make and I will tidy it up.
    300winmag, GWH, Maca49 and 5 others like this.

I have, both to the elected one and Ron Mark the "other" one, basically asking for a calm consultative approach not a mad scramble for something that gets likes from the public but something that actually works. Only Ron Mark acknowledged it.

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Henry View Post
    I have, both to the elected one and Ron Mark the "other" one, basically asking for a calm consultative approach not a mad scramble for something that gets likes from the public but something that actually works. Only Ron Mark acknowledged it.
    What did he have to say?

Yep sent one to Simon, just explaining "knee jerk" reactions at how much hunting and shooting has played in my life over my 69 years. No reply or acknowledgement as yet, but only 3 days..
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

In the 1970's, I asked a NZ prime minister what could ordinary people do to effect change in NZ legislation. He said that if six individual people wrote individual letters (the same letter to the prime minister and to the minister responsible, specifically, not organisational pressure group mass petitions) expressing similar concerns about a problem/solution then parliament would change direction towards to those letters concerns. I asked him how often he had received six individuals' letters expressing similar concerns/need for change. He said 'never'.
    Cordite likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by rupert View Post
    In the 1970's, I asked a NZ prime minister what could ordinary people do to effect change in NZ legislation. He said that if six individual people wrote individual letters (the same letter to the prime minister and to the minister responsible, specifically, not organisational pressure group mass petitions) expressing similar concerns about a problem/solution then parliament would change direction towards to those letters concerns. I asked him how often he had received six individuals' letters expressing similar concerns/need for change. He said 'never'.
    Lets test this. Costs us nothing.
    40mm likes this.

Social media runs the government these days. Whoever yells the loudest gets heard first
    Moutere, nance, Jewcati and 1 others like this.
    I'm drawn to the mountains and the bush, it's where life is clear, where the world makes the most sense.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshC View Post
    Social media runs the government these days. Whoever yells the loudest gets heard first
    And everyone else is deleted
    JoshC, mikee and Cordite like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Henry View Post
    What did he say @Marty Henry?
    Warm Barrels!

Quote Originally Posted by Friwi View Post
    I know a lot of people are waiting to see what is going to come out the HAT next week regarding the new gun law, but actually should we not individually take action and write to our MP ( or MPs)? I know we don t all have exactly the same view on the subject, but at least we should minimise the size of the stick they are going to beat us with.
    Although I understand there are two petitions circulating on social media against some of our views which have already reached the 30000 signatures. Has any of the gun associations started one?
    I did but not herd back.
    Herd on radio that a petition of 60000 signatures to out right ban semi autos be handed into parliament this arvo
    Liberty or Death

i still have no reply from mark, to be honest nz1 has sold out big time. remember the last day of parliament last year and then at pretty much the last hour winnie signed the u.n pact.
    Steve123 likes this.