Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Watch Knives Africa

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By small_caliber
  • 3 Post By Beavis
  • 1 Post By Burb122
  • 3 Post By Luke556

Thread: Some enlightening reading

Some enlightening reading

I found the following on the Police website: https://www.police.govt.nz/about-us/...amendment-bill

Paper 1- by the Minister of Police addresses his views on International Shooting Competitions on page 5. https://www.police.govt.nz/sites/def...-paper-one.pdf

"Further work required for international sporting competitions

22. I have also considered whether mainstream international sporting competitions should be exempt. I note that there are no Olympic or Commonwealth Games events that require the type of firearms that we are proposing to ban.

23. However, we are aware there may be one competition that does require the use of these soon to be banned firearms. At this stage it is unclear how this type of exemption could be effectively managed, how many competitors will be affected and whether it can be justified. I am concerned that such an exemption will be exploited.

Most of the paragraph redacted and then …..My current view is that if we don't want these weapons in New Zealand, we should not allow such competitions in New Zealand, nor training in New Zealand for such competitions overseas."

So by that logic, pest control and DOC shouldn't have access to semi automatics
    Steve123 likes this.

So they might look at a sporting exemption in the second round, after all your guns have been cut up.
    ebf, chainsaw and Danger Mouse like this.

I'm trying to work out how you'd go about engaging in helicopter pest control or ground based pest control with an MSSA as a private landowner. Looks to me like there isn't currently any mechanism to do that unless it's under DoC control...

That issue of not recognizing sporting use is purely discriminatory, those peoples that hold international titles would have a case under the NZ Bill of Rights surely?

This amendment appears to go a lot further than most people realise. It also affects all those with bolt action chassis rifles that are covered in banned AR15 parts i.e. Ruger precision. It also affects lever guns that hold more than 10 rounds i.e. Rossi R92 20" and 24" barrel models, ditto some models of Marlin lever guns i.e. the Cowboy models. Browning and Henry .22 lever guns typically hold 15 rounds will also contravene the Arms Prohibited Firearms Magazines and Parts Amendment Bill. 2B(b)(ii) in relation to any other firearm (except a pistol) - means any other magazine, whether or not detatchable, that is capable of holding more than 10 cartridges;
    The focus on the banning of semiautos is blinding people to the full impact of this amendment. Some the collateral damage will no doubt be due the the speed at which this ammendment is being pushed through.

Quote Originally Posted by small_caliber View Post
    I found the following on the Police website: https://www.police.govt.nz/about-us/...amendment-bill

Paper 1- by the Minister of Police addresses his views on International Shooting Competitions on page 5. https://www.police.govt.nz/sites/def...-paper-one.pdf

"Further work required for international sporting competitions

22. I have also considered whether mainstream international sporting competitions should be exempt. I note that there are no Olympic or Commonwealth Games events that require the type of firearms that we are proposing to ban.

23. However, we are aware there may be one competition that does require the use of these soon to be banned firearms. At this stage it is unclear how this type of exemption could be effectively managed, how many competitors will be affected and whether it can be justified. I am concerned that such an exemption will be exploited.

Most of the paragraph redacted and then …..My current view is that if we don't want these weapons in New Zealand, we should not allow such competitions in New Zealand, nor training in New Zealand for such competitions overseas."

So by that logic, pest control and DOC shouldn't have access to semi automatics
    Shouldn’t the lefty’s be like OMG!! They want exemptions on semis to slaughter ( kill, mass kill ) animals!!

And then guys that want to tack paper for sports comps are thrown close to the mentally ill pile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And another thing, I used to be a pistol shooter. I liked them a lot. I know that pistol Crime here in NZ is near zero. I may even head down the pistol shooting route again soon.

But how come semi auto pistols with unlimited ammo magazines are not even looked at here?

Is the government not aware that hand guns are purely made for killing and concealing??

Crazy days man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Pengy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pnumatix View Post
    The focus on the banning of semiautos is blinding people to the full impact of this amendment. Some the collateral damage will no doubt be due the the speed at which this ammendment is being pushed through.
    This is exactly why we need to be writing to our MP's and making clubs aware of this. It would be the end of PRS type shooting and cowboy action not to mention a whole lot of other disciplines.

"should not allow such competitions in New Zealand, nor training in New Zealand for such competitions" - what a load of tripe.
    Banning knob jockey lawmakers that say sh#t like this is a better proposition
    Be interested to see the redacted stuff ? obviously slagging gun owners in a way they dont want us to see
    Beavis, Cordite and sightpicture like this.

anyone got a copy that is not censored?

Where is wiki leaks when you need em.....
    Use enough gun

Quote Originally Posted by 40mm View Post
    anyone got a copy that is not censored?

Where is wiki leaks when you need em.....
    Prob will be available for all by 2nd reading.
    “he waka eke noa”

Name:  p1.JPG
Views: 304
Size:  27.3 KB
    Name:  p2.JPG
Views: 301
Size:  51.9 KB

Gives an idea of what Ammunition the Govt will go after.
    RIP Larry S. 19/02/19

Quote Originally Posted by Max Headroom View Post
    Attachment 108577
    Attachment 108578

Gives an idea of what Ammunition the Govt will go after.
    Wonder what military ammo for non military use means?
    Wonder how much of that ammo is in NZ, and what it would cost for them to buy back

For international competitors to be competitive internationally they need a real competitive environment here. There is still hope that using MSSAs for sporting purposes might have an 11th hour reprieve.

Quote Originally Posted by jim160 View Post
    Wonder what military ammo for non military use means?
    Wonder how much of that ammo is in NZ, and what it would cost for them to buy back
    Be easier to stop any more coming in at border.once its gone its gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Konev View Post
    Be easier to stop any more coming in at border.once its gone its gone.
    Yes but if left in the hands of the public after making it prohibited then the public become criminals, unless some exemption is applied