Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Knives Africa

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: For the team

For the team

Circulate far and wide. This is what you get when you have handed your rifle over. The officer in question was excellent, had no information and was apologetic. He told me they were using these forms because they had nothing else. Make up your own mind.

Read the top line carefully.

Sent from my CPH1701 using Tapatalk
    Blisters likes this.

I would have insisted that the officer struck out number one on the form and initialed that action with his serial number.

Using that form means you have donated your firearm to the Government for no compensation. Well done - a truly noble gesture on your part , sir
    Cats have nine lives-which makes them ideal for experimentation...

Same one I signed but with a not saying compensation was preferred....

Having done the online form before hand. . Took photos of rifle will just have to wait and see. (Odds on me getting anything for suppressor handed in separately... )

Let's see what the press release is after the first reading tomorrow and hopefully all sorted by 12th April... (Hmmmm not sure)

Quote Originally Posted by muzza View Post
    I would have insisted that the officer struck out number one on the form and initialed that action with his serial number.

Using that form means you have donated your firearm to the Government for no compensation. Well done - a truly noble gesture on your part , sir
    The point I am making here is there is no other form. If you fill out the online form, walk into the police station and hand hand over your rifle, that is what you get. There is nothing else, I asked extensively.

The officer reckoned the words "nationwide ban" on the form are what is required to be eligible for compensation. We will see.

Regardless people should see the form they are using.

Thanks for being the canary in the coal mine
    Steve123 and Tussock like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tussock View Post
    The officer reckoned the words "nationwide ban" on the form are what is required to be eligible for compensation. We will see.

Regardless people should see the form they are using.

I had to fill one of those out when I surrendered some ammo that had got wet after I "went for a unintentional swim"(read fell on my arse) bit scary the first line ay! but as you said they litteraly don't have any other paperwork and can't print them in time etc. I reckon you'll get paid

I would not trust someones word for anything. Especially someone I don't know.
    tetawa, mikee, BRADS and 3 others like this.
    Use enough gun

I'd say signing your name and your rifle away to that particular form leaves no legal leg to stand on. The 1st line says it all. It states surrendered to police WITHOUT COMPENSATION.
    R93, tetawa, sightpicture and 1 others like this.

Perhaps we need to create and circulate our own "handed in for compensation" form...we all have printers, if they can't print forms for everyone we might just have to do it ourselves
    Steve123 and Tussock like this.

^ Yea but problem with that being the authorities will most likely not accept it as a official document. I feel the police couldn't give a damn what paperwork you give with your rifle, once they have your prise possession, that's all she wrote, no more, gone. Try argue the point later. Like please, realistically what would it take to add another line with "surrendered due to national ban, with payment of compensation" to the online form. Sfa.

Donít panic too much. Itís the old form and not one that has been designed for the hand in.
    Itís the only Police form for firearm exhibits.
    He has used the correct form. I wouldnít worry about para 1, the government has said there is a bug back.
    Previously this form was used for when people had guns they no longer wanted and wanted police to dispose of.
    If you are including any accessories or mags, ammo and the like make sure it gets listed on there too.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    systolic likes this.

Banned
    As the bill to change the law was only announced on Monday, I'm not surprised that the forms hadn't yet been printed and sent to every cop shop in the country on the same day.

Ok guys, I guess I can relax. Maybe I can use my payback for a Kiwibuild house deposit

I obviously have no legal grounds to claim compensation. You have three options. Police come to your house to get it peacefully, though they will be armed which I am against in principle. You can't come to someones house peacefully when armed, as per ancient tradition which matters at my house. They apparently prefer the pick up option. Secondly, you can say "no you can't have it" after filling out the form and I assume they will come by force. Thirdly you can take it to the police station, which I did. Once in there, are you going to carry your "illegal" AR15 back out the door?

You are given a form that states clearly you have no right to compensation. Then it is down to faith in your government and obviously that is at an all time low. The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

I am not materialistic. I try to care about cash and objects, but I just don't. What sucked was it was in pieces and had been for years. He said "can you assemble it for me" and my heart sank a bit. I said "maybe" and shagged about for 5 minutes figuring how to reassemble it. Once in one piece I remembered all the hunting I did with it, the deer I shot with it. I remembered I was freakishly good offhand for the first time in my life.

I felt genuinely sad once it was in one piece on the floor and was a whole rifle. I never liked the look of it but it was a fine rifle. You walk out with a piece of paper that says you have no right to compensation. They can't even process a mail order form.

For the guys who these are their treasures, this is a genuinely awful situation. Just awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve338 View Post
    Donít panic too much. Itís the old form and not one that has been designed for the hand in.
    Itís the only Police form for firearm exhibits.
    He has used the correct form. I wouldnít worry about para 1, the government has said there is a bug back.
    Previously this form was used for when people had guns they no longer wanted and wanted police to dispose of.
    If you are including any accessories or mags, ammo and the like make sure it gets listed on there too.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thats funny the govt said
    And you trust them
    sightpicture likes this.