Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Black Watch

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: and they think they have a problem now ..... just wait for 12 mo ?!

and they think they have a problem now ..... just wait for 12 mo ?!

Yep, come spring the numbers will explode. The combination of overseas ownership with health and safety have made things bad enough, with the impending law changes it will only decline

Don't worry, they'll be forced to bring back those nasty black semi autos with hi cap mags, Oh shit there's NO reason to own one of those in NZ. single shot .22, the way of the new order!!
    40mm likes this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Landowners need to be held accountable but also given assistance and solutions to help them control pest numbers. Old man is currently doing some contract work on Wallabies for DOC and shooting up to 300 a night. He came back home after a week on the hill yesterday and said it was pretty disheartening to put in all that work and then as he was returning to his truck last night he scanned a gulley over the fence on private land with the thermal and a quick count put over 120 wallabies in that gulley alone. DOC and the regional councils are throwing their money away and fighting a losing battle unless they can get everyone in a room and come to some kind of agreement on management plans
    gadgetman and stingray like this.
    #27GANG

15 rounds maximum, get that you gun perverts! We don't need farms, give the farms to the cute rabbits.
    Join COLFO - Be a represented firearms owner.

MB
    Please put them in a big box and send to Northland. Thanks.
    Russian 22. likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_Songhurst View Post
    Landowners need to be held accountable but also given assistance and solutions to help them control pest numbers. Old man is currently doing some contract work on Wallabies for DOC and shooting up to 300 a night. He came back home after a week on the hill yesterday and said it was pretty disheartening to put in all that work and then as he was returning to his truck last night he scanned a gulley over the fence on private land with the thermal and a quick count put over 120 wallabies in that gulley alone. DOC and the regional councils are throwing their money away and fighting a losing battle unless they can get everyone in a room and come to some kind of agreement on management plans
    Ryan,

How widespread is the wallaby plague? We don't hear much about this around here. Maybe not a good time to say they look kind of cute hoping around in Australia....

Aren't they expanding their range both North and South islands.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Waimata View Post
    Ryan,

How widespread is the wallaby plague? We don't hear much about this around here. Maybe not a good time to say they look kind of cute hoping around in Australia....
    Back when I was at school I used to work for a contractor night shooting wallabies and laying feratox for possums in the holidays and at that stage (around 2002) the wallabies were still quite concentrated around the hunter hills, Hakataramea through to Waimate. These days they are right up the northern sides of the lakes, right through the Mackenzie and Fairlie, one was hit by a car not long ago on the Fairlie-Geraldine highway. They were contained north of the Waitaki river but several pockets have been found to the South now in the Oteake Conservation Area and in Danseys Pass. The problem is nobody works together to form a management plan and tackle the problem properly
    stingray likes this.
    #27GANG

Back when I was at school I used to work for a contractor night shooting wallabies and laying feratox for possums in the holidays and at that stage (around 2002) the wallabies were still quite concentrated around the hunter hills, Hakataramea through to Waimate. These days they are right up the northern sides of the lakes, right through the Mackenzie and Fairlie, one was hit by a car not long ago on the Fairlie-Geraldine highway. They were contained north of the Waitaki river but several pockets have been found to the South now in the Oteake Conservation Area and in Danseys Pass. The problem is nobody works together to form a management plan and tackle the problem properly
    If you work together there won't be 6 bosses, 10 paper shufflers, 20 H&F policies, and their will be too much spare room around the trough.

I need to go down there for a look with the lad.
    Mind you I don't have the firepower for proper culling, nor a centerfire silencer to do the sneaky stuff.
    Get the 243 out and get a shitload of ammo maybe

We could import some Coyotes to sort them out, then shoot the coyotes …...

Quote Originally Posted by hotbarrels View Post
    We could import some Coyotes to sort them out, then shoot the coyotes …...
    coyotes be buggered -get some mofo hungry grizzlies then let em loose -once theyve cleaned up the wobblies -shes on the ferry to weellingtown -hey mr speaker i found this out front says hes related to you lot in a protein sort a way . he'll get on ya tits oh hell yeah but not in the way you PC apologists want. me i wanna see a mob of moose introduced -plenty of westcoasty pakihi for em to roam in and i quite fancy my twilight years as daniel boone iin thew most famous place on earth. fuck Id even have a pet one called crusader justto piss the knowalls off!
    stingray likes this.

smifficus -a rig awaits you

I think someone was saying over 100,000 rabbits in the previous 12 months running, an unholy number of mustelids and feral cats, tons of wallaby and a handful of pigs. One crew averaging about 4 fellas picking the right nights and systematically moving through areas to minimise overshooting and shyness... All with SA firearms, no MSSA but a LOT of care and skill combined with suppressors, planning including identifying and marking shooting platforms and no-shoot arcs, comms with landowners so they do not risk any areas including start and complete calls - every step taken. Going forwards it basically will be poisoning I think, or import snakes for the bunnies...