Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Knives Africa Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Updated Police website

Updated Police website

Well, its updated and lists a few things.

https://www.police.govt.nz/advice/fi...bited-firearms
    he waka eke noa

Interesting.

Exemption categories
    A licensed dealer, or an employee or agent of a licensed dealer.

A bona fide collector of firearms.

A person to whom a prohibited item has special significance as an heirloom or memento.

A director or curator of a bona fide museum.

An approved employee or member of a broadcaster (within the meaning of the Broadcasting Act 1989) or a bona fide theatre company, society, cinematic, television film production company, or video recording production company.

A person who is employed or engaged by the Department of Conservation and involved in operations for the purpose of controlling wild animals or animal pests. (In accordance with the Wildlife Act 1953, the Wild Animal Control 1977, the Conservation Act 1987, or the Biosecurity Act 1993)

A person who is the holder of a concession granted by the Minister of Conservation to undertake wild animal recovery operations (In accordance with the Wildlife Act 1953, the Wild Animal Control 1977, the Conservation Act 1987, or the Biosecurity Act 1993)

A person who is employed or engaged by a management agency as defined in section 100 of the Biosecurity Act 1993 and involved in operations for the purpose of controlling wild animals or animal pests in accordance with that Act.

A person whose sole business, or a substantial part of whose business, is providing services to control prescribed wild animals or animal pests, or a person employed or engaged by that person for that purpose. Prescribed animals are wild deer, chamois, tahr, wild pigs, wild goats, wallaby, feral rabbit, feral hare, and Canadian Geese.

*PEDANT ALERT*

They are Canada Geese, not "Canadian Geese".
    "I would rather suffer under imperfect freedom, than languish under perfect control".

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    *PEDANT ALERT*

They are Canada Geese, not "Canadian Geese".
    If they say "Sari" all the time you can pretty much guarantee they're Canadian.
    308 and Steve123 like this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Can’t say c**ters in Canada
    madjon_ and gadgetman like this.
    It's all fun and games till Darthvader comes along
    I respect your beliefs but don't impose them on me.

I just really want to know where the AR15's butt stocks for aluminium chassis comes is. So, I go out to shot my bolt action, with a MDT AR butt stock... do I go to jail? Fuck left wings!!!! Communists!
    Tommy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by xring View Post
    I just really want to know where the AR15's butt stocks for aluminium chassis comes is. So, I go out to shot my bolt action, with a MDT AR butt stock... do I go to jail? Fuck left wings!!!! Communists!
    I think you are good as long as you don't intend to put those parts on an AR.

Mate get a grip and do the work...learn how to read... if your part is intended for use on a bolt action then its legal.. I would make sure that it stays on it cause if it's seperate then it could be argued that it is for a different purpose.

You won't be able to get new ones easily though because of their potential use on an AR15, they will automatically define them as a prohibited part.
    Last edited by Sidney; 11-04-2019 at 02:06 PM.
    tetawa and bing like this.

Mentions parts, not sure what this includes. Be good to get a buy back for scopes/silencers. And what about the ammo! Reloading dies, powder, primers, cases. Lol, a life time of stuff I've brought!
    john m likes this.
    The D is silent, hillbilly!

@Sidney

that's what I understand:

Prohibited parts are:

Parts of prohibited firearms; and
    Components that can be used to make a firearm fire with (or near to) semi-automatic or automatic action.

double interpretation, you know what I mean?

english not being my first language, I surely understand better than you

At least the video is a little more clear than their past efforts. Guess this means bye bye sks :'(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoVBqjTppC0

Quote Originally Posted by Sidney View Post
    Mate get a grip and do the work...learn how to read... if your part is intended for use on a bolt action then its legal.. I would make sure that it stays on it cause if it's seperate then it could be argued that it is for a different purpose.

You won't be able to get new ones easily though because of their potential use on an AR15, they will automatically define them as a prohibited part.
    Put the parts on what AR15?
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

bas
    The Firearms Owners United NZ facebook page put up a good image: https://www.facebook.com/firearmowne...type=3&theater

Why I bring this up is because there are a plenty of .22LR AR-15s out there. While the MP5 clone isn't a prohibited firearm (it isn't even E-Cat anymore) the .22LR AR15 most likely will be because the lower receiver can be used on a normal .223 upper creating a functioning prohibited firearm. If the lower of your .22LR AR15 can't be used on a standard .223 upper then it isn't prohibited.

I hope I'm making sense, these new laws are doing my head in.

Quote Originally Posted by bas View Post
    The Firearms Owners United NZ facebook page put up a good image: https://www.facebook.com/firearmowne...type=3&theater
    Doesn't the pistol grip still prohibit the top one?

Yes, I would have thought so. Under preexisting mssa laws?