Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Knives Africa Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Valuations

Valuations

Can any one on here who is in the fire arms trade, either a gunsmith or retailor etc advise me on where I can can get some firearms independently valued prior to confiscation? Central North/BOP area preferred.

Maybe email sai guns and ammo. They do the auctions mostly.

There’s no market for them, the Govt has effectively killed the market by outlawing them, no demand for them so are worthless now.
    KiwiinSeattle, Ryan and A330driver like this.

Quote Originally Posted by 300winmag View Post
    There’s no market for them, the Govt has effectively killed the market by outlawing them, no demand for them so are worthless now.
    But a valuation of their value prior to the announcement of 'the ban' will give a good indication of what you should get back.
    tetawa, 40mm and Cordite like this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Quote Originally Posted by 300winmag View Post
    Ok I'll reword it

Can any one on here who is in the fire arms trade, either a gunsmith or retailor etc advise me on where I can can get some firearms independently valued for what they were worth before the "Order in Council" prior to confiscation? Central North/BOP area preferred.

Just ask your local shops . Some will do it for free others may charge for their time.

Done a pile lately .

there is a market its called the black market, they pay more than the corrupt govt gang
    Maca49 likes this.
    Liberty or Death

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy79 View Post
    there is a market its called the black market, they pay more than the corrupt govt gang
    not having a dig or trolling just remember we are being watched and quoted by the media atm
    Russian 22. and Jewcati like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy79 View Post
    I don't like the possibility of it being shoved in face at some stage

$10-$15k I think the govt been told each one is worth, stopping gang competition the govt doesn't like to lose and they've got all your tax money, so no sweat! I'd like to thank you all for my pension tonight as well!!!
    tetawa and Blisters like this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    $10-$15k I think the govt been told each one is worth, stopping gang competition the govt doesn't like to lose and they've got all your tax money, so no sweat! I'd like to thank you all for my pension tonight as well!!!
    Cheers @Maca49 I'll make my own hand in receipt and put my own value on it. Won't get fuck all from the bucktoothed mob but may come in handy after they've been fired next year.
    Blisters likes this.

I’m not a Grinch but I’ve said She’ll be swift and severe, you’ll get sweet FA in the way of a buy back and the general public will be on there side, sorry to say it but you’ll be forced to eat a shit sandwich. I’ve had a firearms license for 45 years, enjoyed hunting and the outdoors, can remember shooting stray cats at QE11 Park as kids with the old mans 22 and no one battered an eye, shooting rabbits in the bottle lake plantation.
    30 percent of you guys voted for this left wing mob and look what you got.
    Malhunting and Cordite like this.

Official Cheese Shaman Spanners's Avatar
    This is something I just came here to suggest.

IMO, there is no one more qualified than Greg Carvell at SAI, and I would like to make a push that he be promoted as to this position.

Iíd prefer a professional with 30+ personal and 60?+ family years on the business of valuing and selling guns rather than someone thatís has priced 2 scoops and a hotdog for 2 weeks during school holidays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am watching with interest as to how the government will value these firearms.
    AR15s, literally no two are are the same.
    Itís what made them so good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A330driver likes this.

And those that have had soon to be confiscated firearms for over 20 years and don't have proof of purchase, good luck.