Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Knives Africa

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: What is Cahill smoking this time?

What is Cahill smoking this time?

That fool has just come out and said it's only a fringe minority of firearms owners that are against the proposed laws - does he actually live in New Zealand? I don't describe myself as 'Fringe' anything usually, but take valuable kit from me without signing up to compensate me and then act surprised when I get pissed off and start making submissions? WTF?
    Sako851 likes this.

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    I am definitely not fringe. I am the whole fucking hair do. I wouldn’t worry about what that fellah thinks. He is worse than pond scum.
    outdoorlad, tetawa, ebf and 5 others like this.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Unfortunately he has won guys.
    We will just have to suck it up for the next generation while the people this Union delegate represents face a literal explosion of firearms in criminal hands.
    outlander likes this.
    Welcome to Sako club.

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Quote Originally Posted by dogmatix View Post
    Unfortunately he has won guys.
    We will just have to suck it up for the next generation while the people this Union delegate represents face a literal explosion of firearms in criminal hands.
    Don’t forget that many of his members are FAL holders and members of clubs as well. He may not survive re-election. The Police members of my club are keen IPSC enthusiasts(one is even an IPSC co convened. He will be pretty pissed and I am sure that many others will be as well.
    Maca49, Survy and 40mm like this.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Statistically you could argue many things.

Firearms owners are only 6% of the population, so we're hardly a majority.

However take away all those under 16 years old, those with criminal records or anyone with family members who have associated with gangs, anyone with server mental illness etc etc.... and the percentage of good people left who could actually qualify to own firearms soon thins out the number who could get one if they wanted too, then statistically gun ownership in this "fringe population" of people left who aren't fuckwits or criminals is probably quite high.

Would it be fairer to say something like 60% of the population wouldn't qualify to own guns because they are not fit or proper people?
    Last edited by kimjon; 04-04-2019 at 08:22 PM.
    Maca49 and piwakawaka like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    Donít forget that many of his members are FAL holders and members of clubs as well. He may not survive re-election. The Police members of my club are keen IPSC enthusiasts(one is even an IPSC co convened. He will be pretty pissed and I am sure that many others will be as well.
    Well maybe police should be banned from all PNZ and DSA ranges make them feel like the lepers they made us, after all they are the ones driving this whole thing.

Seen where one copper was demonstrating how fast you could change an AR magazine to a bunch of MPs wtf

Quote Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    Well maybe police should be banned from all PNZ and DSA ranges make them feel like the lepers they made us, after all they are the ones driving this whole thing.

Seen where one copper was demonstrating how fast you could change a magazine !!
    good call ban them from our ranges force the police to buy their own land and setup and maintain it .....out of their existing budget
    mikee, Danger Mouse and outlander like this.

The whole sorry mess is making me contemplate getting my b license. Cant spend money on an ar now so will have spare funds for pistol shooting.
    Anyone else feeling the same?
    Wouldn't that be a great unintended consequence, going to be some cashed up people soon looking for new hobbies and toys

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk
    dogmatix likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by kimjon View Post
    Statistically you could argue many things.

Firearms owners are only 6% of the population, so we're hardly a majority.

However take away all those under 16 years old, those with criminal records or anyone with family members who have associated with gangs, anyone with server mental illness etc etc.... and the percentage of good people left who could actually qualify to own firearms soon thins out the number who could get one if they wanted too, then statistically gun ownership in this "fringe population" of people left who aren't fuckwits or criminals is probably quite high.

Would it be fairer to say something like 60% of the population wouldn't qualify to own guns because they are not fit or proper people?
    Statistically you could argue that those same people are not qualified to be included in an argument around firearms legislation.
    kimjon, chainsaw, Steve123 and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    I am definitely not fringe. I am the whole fucking hair do. I wouldn’t worry about what that fellah thinks. He is worse than pond scum.
    Your wife told me your Brazilian?
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by Mauser308 View Post
    That fool has just come out and said it's only a fringe minority of firearms owners that are against the proposed laws - does he actually live in New Zealand? I don't describe myself as 'Fringe' anything usually, but take valuable kit from me without signing up to compensate me and then act surprised when I get pissed off and start making submissions? WTF?
    I think he wears very tight gruts, with that hi pitched, squeaky bloody voice? He’s a dangerous man, telling lies and stretching the truth!
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    I think he wears very tight gruts, with that hi pitched, squeaky bloody voice? He’s a dangerous man, telling lies and stretching the truth!
    pinnocahillio?
    Maca49 likes this.

that skinny prick will be sitting back slobbering like a lab thats gutsed a whole sheep.Ihope the myopic spot of DNA gets gutsache and lots of it cause this aint over by a longshot.
    hmmmm-the NZ law society airing concerns re the indecent haste-watch it goat turds -karma may come visiting.maybe they should start looking a the lawyer pricks in the poopen who carried out this act
    fiailure to act in a fair and professional manner.

Quote Originally Posted by scotty View Post
    good call ban them from our ranges force the police to buy their own land and setup and maintain it .....out of their existing budget
    Colfo and pnz made the same point, when mssas are banned range standing rules will also ban them so it was unclear how continued police training could be allowed.

Or alternatively, instead of banning cops from ranges, start taking them to ranges.

A politician gets up in the morning and says "how do I not piss anyone off today". That includes all manner of other countries, international bodies, societies, Unions, government agencies like police, electorates and way way way down near the bottom, hobbyists which is how they see us, at best.
    Cordite likes this.