Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Knives Africa

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree10Likes
  • 4 Post By Woody
  • 5 Post By Kiwi Greg
  • 1 Post By Cordite

Thread: What's going on

What's going on

Driving around my area in Auckland I see cops getting around with glocks on their hips. Not airport cops. Not on any callouts, just in gas stations having lunch etc.

Ask the president of Turkey.

Was in Turkey last year, Istanbul was crawling with heavily armed Police and riot trucks and water canons. My boy gets on google and finds out that every tourist spot we were going too had been suicide bombed in previous years, they were doing it to themselves. The Blue mosque and the like were once Christian churches which fell to the incoming muslims, bloody nice architecture. I liked the food but they can stick the place, to many people.

Banned
    What I heard from a cop in the club I shoot at, is that pretty much every cop in the country is carrying a Gock on their hip at all times since last Friday and will be for the foreseeable future.

Quote Originally Posted by systolic View Post
    What I heard from a cop in the club I shoot at, is that pretty much every cop in the country is carrying a Gock on their hip at all times since last Friday and will be for the foreseeable future.
    Well I hope they know how to use them properly & they never need too

And the ARs are in the vehicles at all times.

Name:  IMG_2185[6151].JPG
Views: 339
Size:  780.0 KB
    Welcome to Sako club.

The AR's were always in the vehicles anyway. I used to see the local boys putting them in the car when they start their shift.
    Put the keyboard down. Now kick it over here.

All their cars have firearms in them

Seeing the armed officer outside the Wellington Central Police Station today was a bit of a eye opener. I realized I'd never actually seen our Police armed with a rifle before in person. Surely Police vetting can't be too different from getting an endorsement? What checks are in place to ensure Police officer's are fit and proper?

How long before one is left on the roof or boot

Good on them. They are living in a different world than a cop 20 years ago

The cops in Auckland have the indoor range off Hugo Johnson. Not sure how the more remote cops get on for range time

I lived in the US for awhile so guess I'm used to it (cops with hand guns on hip). Did some hand gun shooting too (at targets), good fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Recoil View Post
    Seeing the armed officer outside the Wellington Central Police Station today was a bit of a eye opener. I realized I'd never actually seen our Police armed with a rifle before in person. Surely Police vetting can't be too different from getting an endorsement? What checks are in place to ensure Police officer's are fit and proper?
    A person from an independent agency come to their homes every 10 yrs and ask their partners questions about violence.
    keneff likes this.
    Join COLFO - Be a represented firearms owner.