Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Knives Africa Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Will wonders never cease?

Will wonders never cease?

HDPA wrote an article on Gun laws....and surprise , surprise, she is asking some very sensible questions....I almost could not believe it.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=12221755

" It makes you wonder at this Government's gun reform motives. Do they actually want to get all the military-style semi-automatic weapons off the streets? Or are they more interested in just collecting enough guns to fill a skip while TV cameras film the Prime Minister smiling next to the Police Minister and saying "look how well we've done" and "New Zealand is a safer place".

It's just politics, that's all. This is how it works. Game playing, PR exercises, half jobs."
    grunzter and WallyR like this.

Doesn't count given her previous anti-gun activism and fraud / forgery - for which of course the Big Blue Gang let her off the hook entirely. I think we should now, Alinsky-style, all call for her belated prosecution - "as it could save just one life, she needs to go to jail for showing people how to deceive the police to buy a gun." Sauce, goose, gander - simple assembly required.
    outlander likes this.

Shes an attention where with no ethics. Its stirring up controversy to be the centre of attention
    GravelBen, grunzter and outlander like this.

not to be trusted at all.
    she should have bloody well been prosecuted over the mail order fiasco too. forgery is a serious offense
    grunzter and outlander like this.

@sightpicture @dangerMouse I agree with you both. I simply found it interesting that it was she of all people who made the comments.
    outlander likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by timattalon View Post
    @sightpicture @dangerMouse I agree with you both. I simply found it interesting that it was she of all people who made the comments.
    How do I mention Danger Mouse when it is two words......surely it can be done? Whoops - hijacked my own thread....

Quote Originally Posted by timattalon View Post
    How do I mention Danger Mouse when it is two words......surely it can be done? Whoops - hijacked my own thread....
    I do mention /mention tags around the name. Just add [] to make the tags.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

At least the issue is getting some coverage in the media. Most people probably have no idea about it, and those who are capable of rational thought may see it for what it is. Crazy.

Would be nice to see the general public realise they are focusing on the wrong people, and kick up a fuss when they finally come to terms with how little extra safety will be achieved by spending all that tax payer money buying guns off law abiding people, and doing nothing to get them off criminals and those who should not have them and those who actually commit crimes with them.

Im aware its too late for us now..but anyway. A bit of media attention letting the uninformed public know they are focusing on the wrong people would be welcomed.
    gadgetman, Pengy and Steve123 like this.

Do you have a country in mind for the required media attention, 'cause it's surely not going to be
    coming from the NZ media.
    timattalon and Steve123 like this.

Yep - half a billion dollars aimed square at eradicating gangs might actually make our communities safer.
    Pengy, screamO and ChrisW like this.

It's like this

Sent from my SM-G390Y using Tapatalk
    WallyR and gonetropo like this.

Quote Originally Posted by NZ_noddy View Post
    Do you have a country in mind for the required media attention, 'cause it's surely not going to be
    Indeed. See a kiwi nurse has been held hostage by ISIS for 5 years, the GOVT knows about it and the media says nothing.......

Quote Originally Posted by NZ_noddy View Post
    Nigeria. Boko Haram now know where there are a lot of surplus guns available to be bought up cheaply. in job lots, transported to ports by the NZ police and military as per Our Mother's orders. And with a sympathetic Prime Minister who will facilitate end-user certificates...

The way things work now comments like this one of hers "This stuff-up punishes law-abiding gun owners and gives a free pass to the worst kinds of gun users." is of use to us.
    It will get the attention of more people/general public than us forum user comments on here.

Easy, cut it with a grinder befor handing back?
    Boom, cough,cough,cough