Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Knives Africa

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Is your local police ststion open?

Is your local police ststion open?

I went around to my local station today (Chch suburb) re a query about vehicle registration and found the front door locked. A hand written note on the door said the station would be closed till further notice due to operational overload annd advised I go to Chch Central Station for any queries or assistance. Anyone ese found their locan station unmanned recently or as a regular occurrence? When I lived in North Canterbury the local station was regularly unmanned at least 50% of the time.

I am starting to wonder how a couple hundred thousand firearms can be turned in and processed if they have to be registered, appraised, and safely stored. The logistics are going to be overwhelming. Could we simply mail them to Nash along with an invoice and our bank details for payment?

Overtime budget burned up protecting mosques from a guy no longer allowed undies or plastic forks.
    veitnamcam, tetawa, Maca49 and 4 others like this.
    Identify your target beyond all doubt

Tommy, that’s what I was told as well, but under good authority it’s not the case.
    From someone who does know.
    Welcome to Sako club.

Paranoia, them mosques can look after themselves.
    A330driver likes this.
    Use enough gun

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Overtime budget burned up protecting mosques from a guy no longer allowed undies or plastic forks.
    Makes a change from speeding tickets being #1 priority though right?
    veitnamcam likes this.

If I'm not mistaken (happy to be corrected) NZ police do not pay overtime, any extra hours worked are done in "toil" which I understand is leave = to the hours worked

Even my main city station is often closed..., gave up going to any outlying stations long ago.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

Quote Originally Posted by GravelBen View Post
    Wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by oxfarmer View Post
    I went around to my local station today (Chch suburb) re a query about vehicle registration and found the front door locked. A hand written note on the door said the station would be closed till further notice due to operational overload annd advised I go to Chch Central Station for any queries or assistance. Anyone ese found their locan station unmanned recently or as a regular occurrence? When I lived in North Canterbury the local station was regularly unmanned at least 50% of the time.

I am starting to wonder how a couple hundred thousand firearms can be turned in and processed if they have to be registered, appraised, and safely stored. The logistics are going to be overwhelming. Could we simply mail them to Nash along with an invoice and our bank details for payment?
    actually matey brae you might be on to something there .imaghine one of them honda ninety riding postemn turning up to the woolshed with a road train in tow for police minister stuey "Nash got some cash"
    at the rate things are goi Shane"ive got the mula sucker"jones might give stuey a loan at mates rates-thats two semi auto 12g shotties and ill raise you a nightsighted AR15.
    yup matey i reckon youre onto it .when does this start.

Ps ..news just in fresh out of polic Hq

'workin 9 to 5
    collect firearms for a livin
    workin 9-5
    whilst it indoors sits simpering
    workin 9-5
    ah stuff it ill take a sickie!
    tiroatedson likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by oxfarmer View Post

actually matey brae you might be on to something there .imaghine one of them honda ninety riding postemn turning up to the woolshed with a road train in tow for police minister stuey "Nash got some cash"
    at the rate things are goi Shane"ive got the mula sucker"jones might give stuey a loan at mates rates-thats two semi auto 12g shotties and ill raise you a nightsighted AR15.
    yup matey i reckon youre onto it .when does this start.

Ps ..news just in fresh out of polic Hq

'workin 9 to 5
    collect firearms for a livin
    workin 9-5
    whilst it indoors sits simpering
    workin 9-5
    ah stuff it ill take a sickie!

Quote Originally Posted by dogmatix View Post
    Tommy, thatís what I was told as well, but under good authority itís not the case. From someone who does know.
    Hmm. A family member drove past a mosque yestiddy and - 2 police cars and at least three visible patched members parked there.

Quote Originally Posted by sightpicture View Post
    Hmm. A family member drove past a mosque yestiddy and - 2 police cars and at least three visible patched members parked there.
    'Overtime budget' = not the issue
    Welcome to Sako club.

Quote Originally Posted by dogmatix View Post
    'Overtime budget' = not the issue
    Ah, thanks, I hadn't thought it through. I don't pay myself overtime and nor does anyone else pay me for it :-)

Canterbury, home of the big Rakaia Red Stag
    Open today according to the papers

Quote Originally Posted by GravelBen View Post
    Highway Patrol still out in force, they may be exempt. Maybe funding for the "buy back" gets priority
    Steve123 and sightpicture like this.