Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By tikka
  • 1 Post By Carpe Diem

Thread: .300 Blackout Brass

.300 Blackout Brass

So, I've been converting my own .223/5.56 to .300 Blackout for a while now, and I've been getting decent results, but some minor inconsistencies with my reloads.

I just came across this place www.carolinabrass.net, while doing some google searches, and saw a write-up on them at TheTruthAboutGuns. They're selling them for less than I can reload them for.

Anyone ever heard of them? Are they any good?

They are in the Us, so might be difficult and a bit more expensive than you think.
    Looks like they are using lake city brass, I have had good success with LC brass in my Fireball,

Just finished reloading 200 rounds with 208gr A-Max, mostly LC brass and a few FC brass. There is a .2gr in charge weight difference for the same speed in subs between the LC and FC brass. Still got another big job cutting down 800 more cases. Now down to the range now for some water balloon practice.
    seano likes this.

Caroline Brass wont send them to you. I have tried.

I buy mine 300 blackout brass now from these guys. 300 Blackout Brass at GSI International

They will ship to NZ, email them for a shipping quote (Shipping is nearly as much as the cases $60 USD).
    I have bought 3000 from them at less than $200 NZD per 1000. Dollar has dropped but you should be able to land them here for about $235 NZD per 1000 still.

I use to make my own brass but at around $235 per 1000 its not worth the time or effort.
    Makes for cheap shooting.

Email address for GSI is sales@gsiinternational.com
    Ask them to email through an Order Form and ask them for a shipping quote to your address for the quantity you need.
    To easy.

Brass is normally 70% Lake City and 30% WCC (Western Cartridge Company), is reasonably clean and reasonably tidy.
    I always fill length resize before I use it.
    Normally biff 5 per 1000 due to dents etc.

PM me if you need any further details.

Quote Originally Posted by BigGunBarry View Post
    So, I've been converting my own .223/5.56 to .300 Blackout for a while now, and I've been getting decent results, but some minor inconsistencies with my reloads.

I just came across this place www.carolinabrass.net, while doing some google searches, and saw a write-up on them at TheTruthAboutGuns. They're selling them for less than I can reload them for.

Anyone ever heard of them? Are they any good?
    If you need some 300 Blackout brass, I can make you some up from once fired 223. PM me how many you want etc

I got a Hobby drop saw from Micro Mark in the states for my cases - the thing is a beast!!! spare belt and cutting wheel - Much easier (and faster) than the old Bahco pipe cutters I was using. That and a "Worlds finest trimmer" in the drill for exact case lengths after sizing and you're there....

Don't forget to also factor in the right converter for 240V NZ.

P.
    Uplandstalker likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by tikka View Post
    Just finished reloading 200 rounds with 208gr A-Max, mostly LC brass and a few FC brass. There is a .2gr in charge weight difference for the same speed in subs between the LC and FC brass. Still got another big job cutting down 800 more cases. Now down to the range now for some water balloon practice.
    Yeah, looks like they won't ship outside of the states...that sucks. Thanks for the heads up on GS1

I think Belmont are going to, or have started selling loaded blackout ammo for very good prices.