Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwijames View Post
    My 243AI project is starting to show a bit more light at the end of the tunnel and I am now starting to think about projectile choices. I have already got some 105 A-max and Berger VLDs but was thinking it would be nice to have another option for more close encounters. I see Nosler now have a 90g Accubond which looks good as I expect I can drive this pretty fast (3200-3300fps). The 90g E-tip also was a thought as well as the 80g TTSX. The copper bullets have killed well for me in the past in 7mm and would not need to be high BC if the 105s shoot anyway. I suppose the 100g Corelokt would be another good killer?
    Does anyone have experiences good or bad in these bulllet types in the 243?
    Your comments would be appreciated.
    hers a couple of links for you
    .243 Winchester
    http://impalabullets.co.za/

i have used the 6.5mm impalas on pigs to great effect, some poeple dont like them but for a close range bullet it is worth considering. i hope you find the ballistics studies site helpful tons of info