Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: 7mm Gamechanger in 270

Not wishing it on anyone but think we need more information just so no one walks into the same trap.I often have 5 or 6 rifles at the same time on the bench as I am sure many do. Thinking I should tidy up my own act every time I hear of some thing like this happening but after 60+ years shooting old habits die hard.7.62x39 destroyed 7x57 a while ago locally and a bore sighter still in barrel had a similar effect.
    Sorry to here of your mishap but thank you for posting it.
    Micky Duck likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    so I have to ask...now its happened how do you KNOW it was a 7mm projectile??? if you were loading say 130s hotly and it was a 150grn.... would seem more likely culprit...or have you discovered more 7mm in the same box???
    pleased you walked away.

as soon as you can...get back out with .22lr and .223 and shoot some shit...doesnt matter what,just do it ASAP... your confidence has taken a massive hit and the dreaded rhymes with grinch will take hold if you dont go out soon and re teach your body its ok to squeaze trigger....
    Know it was 7mm as found another in the reloads.
    Micky Duck likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by matagouri View Post
    Soo was the box sealed when you bought it???
    Glad your ok, christ that would of certainly woken you up!!!
    Was a part box I purchased. Remember it being discussed on here a few months ago, odd 270 projectiles in with 7mm Sierra Gamechangers, this is the reverse. The scary thing was it chambered easily, only neck size cases and are firm to close.

why the hell would ANYONE put them in together??? granddads reloading stuff being sold off is only one I can think off...
    tetawa likes this.
    75/15/10 black powder matters

Quote Originally Posted by Tedz50 View Post
    Not wishing it on anyone but think we need more information just so no one walks into the same trap.I often have 5 or 6 rifles at the same time on the bench as I am sure many do. Thinking I should tidy up my own act every time I hear of some thing like this happening but after 60+ years shooting old habits die hard.7.62x39 destroyed 7x57 a while ago locally and a bore sighter still in barrel had a similar effect.
    Sorry to here of your mishap but thank you for posting it.
    Don't have a 7mm or projectiles. Will grab some 7mm projectiles off a mate to see how easily they seat in 270 cases, I've reloaded for 40 plus years and learnt many moons ago you don't have powder on projectiles out on the bench other than those in immediate use.
    Micky Duck likes this.

why the hell would ANYONE put them in together??? granddads reloading stuff being sold off is only one I can think off...
    Was a problem with Sierra Gamechangers with mixed projectiles with 270 in 7mm, think it was discussed on here.

will get mate to chuck mirometre over the box of .25 calibre ones.... if its come from factory like that!!!!!! the ramifications are global and huge.

they will seat piece of piss having a wee boattail....not much difference from a .311 in a .308 case as in loading 7.62x39mm

if its come from factory like that!!!!!! the ramifications are global and huge.
    I don't think that's what is being suggested here ? Happy to be corrected @tetawa
    #DANNYCENT

Quote Originally Posted by dannyb View Post
    I don't think that's what is being suggested here ? Happy to be corrected @tetawa
    Remember someone mentioning on here a few months ago about 270 in 7mm with gamechangers, they took them back to the store.
    Moa Hunter and Micky Duck like this.

Scary stuff alright. Glad to hear you are ok. I think I'm going to throw a vernier over every reload I have.
    tetawa and Moa Hunter like this.

Quote Originally Posted by tetawa View Post
    Remember someone mentioning on here a few months ago about 270 in 7mm with gamechangers, they took them back to the store.
    So are you suggesting this was in a sealed box you bought from a retailer ? If so that has some very serious ramifications
    tetawa likes this.
    #DANNYCENT

Quote Originally Posted by tetawa View Post
    Rogue projectile, don't have anything in 7mm.
    Some one warned off this recently
    tetawa and Moa Hunter like this.

So are you suggesting this was in a sealed box you bought from a retailer ? If so that has some very serious ramifications
    It was raised a month or so ago in the buy sell swap page about miss matched projos
    tetawa likes this.

No wasn't a full sealed box, was part box has been a topic on here earlier this year but if I remember correctly was 270 mixed in 7mm which is a safer mix.