Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: 7mm Gamechanger in 270

Quote Originally Posted by tetawa View Post
    No wasn't a full sealed box, was part box has been a topic on here earlier this year but if I remember correctly was 270 mixed in 7mm which is a safer mix.
    Well if it wasn't a sealed box it would be very hard to 100% guarantee it wasn't contaminated some other way.....
    #DANNYCENT

Quote Originally Posted by dannyb View Post
    Well if it wasn't a sealed box it would be very hard to 100% guarantee it wasn't contaminated some other way.....
    Can't guarantee anything, know it didn't get contaminated at my place, never used Gamechangers before, just remember there being a discussion on here about mixed caliber projectiles with the Gamechanger from Sierra. Have tried to find the topic but no luck.
    Micky Duck likes this.

There is mention of this amongst this thread.
    Name:  Screenshot_20221009-204422_Samsung Internet.jpg
Views: 218
Size:  770.9 KB
    tetawa and dannyb like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech View Post
    There is mention of this amongst this thread.
    Attachment 207730
    Knew I wasn't dreaming.
    Micky Duck likes this.

Yikes
    #DANNYCENT

This isn’t the first time iv read this on this forum and forums abroad iv got sealed box of 7mm I’m going to measure for science
    tetawa, Micky Duck, RUMPY and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelton View Post
    This isn’t the first time iv read this on this forum and forums abroad iv got sealed box of 7mm I’m going to measure for science
    I'll stick with Hornady and Bergers, I've never heard of them having contamination issues
    Kelton likes this.
    #DANNYCENT

In the thread that I linked it mentions that Deadeye Dick and Sierra knew about this. I have not seen any mention of it on any of the US forums and I find it hard to believe that Sierra wouldn't have issued a recall for all affected lines.

They would get the pants sued off them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelton View Post
    document it...betterstill video it...so no chance of someone calling BS..... if there is crossover....and deadeye dicks knew about it...and nothing has been said..no recall... well our man may be due a new rifle.... the law suits in the states if this is correct would be crippling.
    RUMPY likes this.
    75/15/10 black powder matters

I'll stick with Hornady and Bergers, I've never heard of them having contamination issues
    Four or five years ago a Rotorua gun store owner showed me a box of Hornady factory 308 ammo that had one round of 243 ammo in it.
    Moa Hunter likes this.

Most likely the rogue pill/s came from strays on the original owners bench. Every now and then one escapes only to be found later on. Given the part boxes of pills and containers of powder being traded we're not seeing more of it.

You're lucky to have got away so lightly. Although it looks like your right hand would have been pretty numb with the stock splintering away in front of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dicko View Post
    Most likely the rogue pill/s came from strays on the original owners bench. Every now and then one escapes only to be found later on. Given the part boxes of pills and containers of powder being traded we're not seeing more of it.

You're lucky to have got away so lightly. Although it looks like your right hand would have been pretty numb with the stock splintering away in front of it.
    No hand problems, am left handed. Dent in bonnet of vehicle would say from mag base, didn't find the pieces off the stock, was shooting off a logging skid, wood everywhere.
    Micky Duck likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech View Post
    Four or five years ago a Rotorua gun store owner showed me a box of Hornady factory 308 ammo that had one round of 243 ammo in it.
    Heard of this before, wholesalers answer was "someone viewing the ammo placed the cartridges in the wrong box" unsealed box is hard to prove different. This was back in the day when it was ok to handle items in a store
    Micky Duck likes this.

I have bought projectiles off here and people have sent them with off with others in the box which could have bitten me in the arse. Saw one that was bigger so sorted through 150+ projectiles and there was 6 in there(165/168 nbts in with 150nbts).
    Moa Hunter likes this.

BE CAREFUL folks.....its not a fun experience,so far we have been lucky no one has lost an eye or worse.
    Moa Hunter likes this.
    75/15/10 black powder matters