Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: 7mm Gamechanger in 270

Quote Originally Posted by tetawa View Post
    Don't have a 7mm or projectiles. Will grab some 7mm projectiles off a mate to see how easily they seat in 270 cases, I've reloaded for 40 plus years and learnt many moons ago you don't have powder on projectiles out on the bench other than those in immediate use.

Know what you mean but was pointing out another problem as I have had a 243, a 260 and 2 308's at the range at the same time and boxes of ammo for each.If somebody can pick up a 7.62 x39 and fire it in 7 mm then anything can happen.I shudder when I wonder if a 260 would chamber in a 243. In a gun shop in CHCH[I forget which one now] was a 270 somebody fired an 8 x 57 in with horrendous results.

older bro chambered a .308 in the 7mm mag...luckily it didnt hold case to allow it to fire...that has happened a few times when the .308 rim is held by the extractor on a.270 BOLT... apparently one of the rifles survived the ordeal,relatively intact.....
    75/15/10 black powder matters