Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Hand primer

So many theories but if you have properly uniformed your pocket there is nothing wrong with the press arm.I find it just as sensitive and the the thumb quality control afterwards is all you need.

I've used the Lee, and the RCBS. The RCBS is way more comfortable to use. RCBS Universal Hand Priming Tool 90201 - Accessories - Reloading - Reloaders Supplies Ltd

Quote Originally Posted by hotbarrels View Post
    I've used the Lee, and the RCBS. The RCBS is way more comfortable to use. RCBS Universal Hand Priming Tool 90201 - Accessories - Reloading - Reloaders Supplies Ltd
    This is the tool I was using b4 I went to the 21st Century. It has great feel and universal jaws so no messing around with shellholders - highly recommend. Have used my RCBC press mounted primer arm (poor feel), a Lyman 310 Handtool Primer (very good feel but slow/fiddly), a Lee Handtool (used once and gave away terrible compared to virtually anything else), an RCBS Desk Mounted Unit (slightly better feel than a press and super fast once you loaded the primer tubes), an earlier RCBS handheld tray style with changeable shellholders (good feel).
    6x47 and matagouri like this.

I still have the lee priming tool with the round tray that i purchased 20 odd years ago and have never had a problem with it

Gone But Not Forgotten
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Do you have to individually place each primer in the 21st century tool?
    Yes as well as the Sinclair and the K&M (which I use).

Canterbury, home of the big Rakaia Red Stag
    Quote Originally Posted by 10-Ring View Post
    Yes as well as the Sinclair and the K&M (which I use).
    Yep I spied an advert for the K&M, you like?

Gone But Not Forgotten
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
    Yep I spied an advert for the K&M, you like?
    Yes, good quality, good feel. Not beautifully polished and knurled like the 21st Century and Sinclair (that are cosmetics you pay for) but does the same thing and seats the primers well. Workshop Innovation usually stocks them. I think they're out of stock at present. Might pay to give them a call. You don't need the one with the dial.