Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree135Likes

Thread: Primer thieves

Lucky I have a plentiful supply that will prob last me ages .when they were 60..70 bucks a thousand
    norsk likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by yogi View Post
    Everyone knows housing prices are way overvalued and it has all stemmed from insatiable greed from non-taxable capital gains.
    Enough is never enough in this day and age.

Doesn't make any of it right.
    So are you one of the yellow site primer traders?
    I honestly wish I was, seeing that I had the foresight to order thousands last year.

Being however in Norway postage would kill the profit . Give me a shout when you sell your house in Oamaru, I lived there in 2006 but don't expect to pay more for it than houses sold for then.
    muzr257 and shift14 like this.
    "Sixty percent of the time,it works every time"

Retail is fair not 3-4× retail that is my opinion obviously you are entitled to your own, scalping primers at $100-$200 a tray using your analogy, that would be like me selling you my house for 3-4 × "current market value" no I wouldn't expect you to buy my house for what I paid 10 years ago, but likewise I wouldn't expect you to pay 3-4 × the current market value.

Sadly it is what it is and as mentioned as long as people pay these exhortationate prices then there will be people willing to sell, it just screws the rest of over who cannot justify that kind of mark up.
    There is meant to be a shipment coming of RWS primers said to be "enough to satisfy demand for all of NZ" but still no confirmation of when this might hit NZ. Currently I have enough to see me through a bit of load developement and freezer filling hunting, I consider myself lucky, personally I wouldn't be selling any no matter how much the price gets inflated as we just can't rely on when more will be available.
    Last edited by dannyb; 10-07-2023 at 05:14 AM.
    mikee and Micky Duck like this.
    #DANNYCENT

Quote Originally Posted by dannyb View Post
    Well I'm sorry I know this is a decisive subject but retail is still between $30 and $40 a tray, just last week I picked up 5 trays for a mate who had none from a retailer for $30 a tray cci large rifle, also picked up a tray of fed large magnum from another retailer for $40 for another friend.

Retail is fair not 3-4× retail that is my opinion obviously you are entitled to your own, scalping primers at $100-$200 a tray using your analogy, that would be like me selling you my house for 3-4 × "current market value" no I wouldn't expect you to buy my house for what I paid 10 years ago, but likewise I wouldn't expect you to pay 3-4 × the current market value.

Sadly it is what it is and as mentioned as long as people pay these exhortationate prices then there will be people willing to pay, it just screws the rest of over who cannot justify that kind of mark up.
    There is meant to be a shipment coming of RWS primers said to be "enough to satisfy demand for all of NZ" but still no confirmation of when this might hit NZ. Currently I have enough to see me through a bit of load developement and freezer filling hunting, I consider myself lucky, personally I wouldn't be selling any no matter how much the price gets inflated as we just can't rely on when more will be available.
    Further to that I don't think anyone would sell their house/property for less just because its "fair", most will sell for the absolute maximum they can get and who is to say thats wrong. We are all free to decide what we will pay.............................or not.
    rugerman, BRADS, norsk and 2 others like this.
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

A year or so ago it was toilet paper now its primers what ever next
    kidmac42 likes this.

Name:  20230624_151512.jpg
Views: 322
Size:  1.15 MB

Will exchange for 1kg of unicorn horn (whole not ground) or kryptonyte.

Will also consider offerings of a firstborn or xenomorph eggs.

No trades or conflict diamonds, cheers.
    norsk and Jukes like this.

This is a genuine 17th century captains chest.

It contains approx 20,000 Large Rifle,Large Pistol and small pistol primers. Its location is marked on a map which I have placed in a beer bottle that is soon to be thrown off an oil rig into the northsea.

Or swap fora three bedroom house on south hill oamaru,money my way.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    muzr257, johnd, shift14 and 4 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by norsk View Post
    This is a genuine 17th century captains chest.

It contains approx 20,000 Large Rifle,Large Pistol and small pistol primers. Its location is marked on a map which I have placed in a beer bottle that is soon to be thrown off an oil rig into the northsea.

Or swap fora three bedroom house on south hill oamaru,money my way.
    Your welcome to pay me 4 x the current market rate for my house.......actually I'll do you a solid you can have it for 2 x the current market price

Seriously your welcome to your opinion, as previously stated this will always be a devisive subject some will agree some won't. 1 thing is for sure, no matter what the price of primers is, it doesn't matter if none are available.
    #DANNYCENT

Quote Originally Posted by dannyb View Post
    Your welcome to pay me 4 x the current market rate for my house.......actually I'll do you a solid you can have it for 2 x the current market price

Seriously your welcome to your opinion, as previously stated this will always be a devisive subject some will agree some won't. 1 thing is for sure, no matter what the price of primers is, it doesn't matter if none are available.
    In your statement lies the answer to the law of supply and demand.

Well I know what type of primers I should be stocking up on now so I can swap for a future house or car .

Are you going to sell them for more than you could by them for 5 years ago. Thief...

Here's a similar conversation from 12 months ago....
    https://www.nzhuntingandshooting.co....ortages-84646/

And another from 6 months ago......
    https://www.nzhuntingandshooting.co....A%2Aked-90173/

This situation will only get worse in the short term

I hear some more primers are coming later this year...maybe....

But then we are still waiting for a heap of RWS ones that are already overdue here....

Until they are here & on the shelves they don't exist, no matter the price or what people are willing to pay for them

Quote Originally Posted by charliehorse View Post
    And another from 6 months ago......
    https://www.nzhuntingandshooting.co....A%2Aked-90173/
    Yeah but now up to $1.50