Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Just a quick heads up....

Just a quick heads up....

Chewing though ammo like a piss head through cask wine , went into H&F today for another brick of CCI sub's....all sold out and no idea wen the stuff is back in.
    We have been through this in the past and I couldn't get CCI for 6 months plus.
    If you like it I would grab some now guys, sounds like the supply outta the states is going on the blink again.
    planenutz likes this.

Might have to change to Winchester Subs if they shoot ok in your rifles, I like them and supply is no problem being made in Aussie.

Wish I shot that much that this would worry me
    jakewire and Pengy like this.

Been having a few miss fires with the Winnie lately with da 10/22 and the Winchester pump action 22 dissent like the new stuff but shots 5year old power pont fine but not the new stuff

yeah brought Winny sub's, not my favorite but have no choice, chewing 500x rounds every 2-3 weeks and that's just after work helping out farmers. Not cheap , need to find a cheaper source of .22 ammo

northdude
    would an air rifle do the job

Quote Originally Posted by northdude View Post
    would an air rifle do the job
    not the kind of country I am shooting, to open and really don't have time to be stalking in for each rabbit. Be interesting to see how the Winchester subs go in comparison to CCI

Thanks for that heads up, Viper.

I got the wife to grab a brick of CCI about 8 days ago, thankfully. Bit of a worry though.

I usually slow down on the rabbits over Christmas as there are too many people poking about in places they have no business to be poking... so I should be right for ammo until the end of January. Been a good season thus far and you notice the difference it makes when you're current behind the gun. My hit rate has improved, time to acquire and shoot is reduced and now I'm getting the odd one on the run. Fun times! I'm sure you'll be having a ball on your side of the hill.

Thanks Viper. Good to know.
    I'll be grabbing another brick or two just in case.

Name:  CCI 001.JPG
Views: 327
Size:  754.7 KB

MuHaHaHa
    zimmer, viper, rockland and 1 others like this.

Seriously though, i would never return to Aussie made winchester, no where near as good in knock down or consistency

Quote Originally Posted by gonetropo View Post
    Seriously though, i would never return to Aussie made winchester, no where near as good in knock down or consistency
    I agree 100%.

Great I've just got 500 rounds of the shit, still that will only last 2 weeks and hopefully I will have sourced another batch of the mighty CCI subs

Caretaker - Gone But Not Forgotten jakewire's Avatar
    What a great problem to have Viper,well I guess not really, but it would be great to be able to shoot that much.
    Would the cocky who's place you shoot dig in for some of the ammo cost?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

I have shot thousands upon thousands of rounds of Winchester subs and power point super over the 30 + years on the Pest Board with no problems at all, functioned well in semi's accurate enough in all the different rifles I used over the years. Originally we used CAC ( now that was shit) inconsistent as hell, We used Winchester Hushpower subs and they were ok but didn't kill like the 40 gr Power point subs. I haven't had a lot to do with the CCI subs but I don't doubt they work well as most 22 ammo will work sufficiently enough to get the job done. Comes down to what shoots and kills well in your rifle. Hope you can source more CCI and hope there ain't a ammo shortage looming on the horizon.