Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree21Likes
  • 15 Post By 7mm Rem Mag
  • 1 Post By 7mm Rem Mag
  • 1 Post By Black Rabbit
  • 3 Post By kruza
  • 1 Post By kruza

Thread: Taking a young fella out for the first time

Taking a young fella out for the first time

I not long got home from taking a young fella out for his first rabbit shoot, I supervised him closely with the 10/22.

The smile on his face was priceless when he shot his first rabbit and I enjoyed the experience of helping him learn how to shoot and all the safety aspects with riffle handling.

He was a natural and a good listener and learner, the fact he was willing to listen and had good manners made it a joy to teach him. He got 4 rabbits and had a smile that never left his face.

A good evening.
    When hunting think safety first

I am younger than you, I guess, When, maybe could you take me and my wife out there for rabbits hunt, hares particularly. In return....we will be grateful. I can cook, my wife can bring whatever you wife like, but she may disturb your sheep since she never has experience with live sheep.
    Always In pursuit of my happiness...No matter the costs.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Rabbit View Post
    I am younger than you, I guess, When, maybe could you take me and my wife out there for rabbits hunt, hares particularly. In return....we will be grateful. I can cook, my wife can bring whatever you wife like, but she may disturb your sheep since she never has experience with live sheep.
    Hi mate,

You can always pm me when you are in the country and if you are down my way I may well take you out.

Safety is always number 1 if you come with me.
    Black Rabbit likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 7mm Rem Mag View Post
    Hi mate,

You can always pm me when you are in the country and if you are down my way I may well take you out.

Safety is always number 1 if you come with me.
    Many thanks Absolutely, safety always come first, besides base requirements I will follow your instructions. I may return on Nov since 1/3 of mine has been left there for almost three years, have to go back and restart. Thank you again, happy hunting in this spring.
    7mm Rem Mag likes this.
    Always In pursuit of my happiness...No matter the costs.

had a south african mechanic turn up to do the first 100 hr service on tractor, month or so back. Used to hunt over there but hadnt even fired a gun since being in nz. Said he used air rifles to keep his eye in over there. Thats all it took for me. Targets up tx200 out, gamo out and got him shooting them. He was really good. Probly not as rewarding as teaching a young guy how to shoot, but it was really good feeling to watch him shoot again and enjoy himself.

Good on you @kruza, I almost get more pleasure out of helping someone else shoot an animal now than shooting it myself.

I bet that guy will want to go hunting with you now to put those skills to use.

Im hoping it just gets him shooting again. You could tell by talking to him he loved hunting.
    He thinks of air rifles as pratice guns not hunting guns.
    Hopefully it will get him motovated to jump back in.
    7mm Rem Mag likes this.