Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

6.5x55 Norma/Hornady

Has anyone used/killed Red deer manly stags with Norma 120grn BT & Hornady 140grn SST Factory ammo an How far,Im currently using a Tikka T3X 19" with a Maniatis Suppressor & Element Optics SFP Helix scope im comfortably shooting gongs/paper targets out too 400m haven't shot any Deer further than 100 meters.I started using Norma 143grn Bond-strike when i bought my Tikka brand new but can find any as no one stocks it so been using the norma 120grn BT

Also opened to what other factory ammo everyone has been using.

Quote Originally Posted by Marsh View Post
    Has anyone used/killed Red deer manly stags with Norma 120grn BT & Hornady 140grn SST Factory ammo an How far,Im currently using a Tikka T3X 19" with a Maniatis Suppressor & Element Optics SFP Helix scope im comfortably shooting gongs/paper targets out too 400m haven't shot any Deer further than 100 meters.I started using Norma 143grn Bond-strike when i bought my Tikka brand new but can find any as no one stocks it so been using the norma 120grn BT

Also opened to what other factory ammo everyone has been using.
    I was using Highland and Norma when I could get it. Ended up handloading with 139gr pills. My one was not fussy and would shoot almost anything better than I could....
    Intelligence has its limits, but it appears that Stupidity knows no bounds......