Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree16Likes
  • 10 Post By hotbarrels
  • 2 Post By hotbarrels
  • 4 Post By hotbarrels

Thread: PARD 008 video filmed in mid-day sun

PARD 008 video filmed in mid-day sun

With all the interest in night vision, I thought it might be worth while posting a video showing the performance when shooting in mid-day sun. This video was shot using a PARD 008 at native 6x power setting, just after lunch on a bright sunny day. Video quality is of a lower resolution to what is seen through the eye piece. High contrast lighting is the most difficult situation for NV.
    Please excuse the shaky video but it was shot prone and unsupported. Rabbits are 60-120m.

Shot 58 rabbits in 2 hours from the same shooting position.

That was cool thanks for posting . For the money they look great just for a day scope.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Looks like you should have done the job for the auckland city council at Western springs. FFS only 27 rabbits culled and "it's a plague"

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Henry View Post
    Looks like you should have done the job for the auckland city council at Western springs. FFS only 27 rabbits culled and "it's a plague"
    Hahahaha! That's a good road kill score on the way to the job.
    Every machine is a smoke machine,
    If you use it wrong enough.

Great shooting, nice territory. Damn I miss bunny shooting..

Nice, what rifle?

I have a 008 on a 10/22 as my bunny gun, not too bad a scope at all and a damn sight cheaper than thermal

Quote Originally Posted by 16Tontovarish View Post
    Nice, what rifle?

I have a 008 on a 10/22 as my bunny gun, not too bad a scope at all and a damn sight cheaper than thermal
    CZ455 .17HMR

excuse my ignorance , but I thought night vision was black and white rather than glorious full colour even in daylight ?
    I have an old yukon unit than can be used during the day but is still b/w in full sun as still uses NV sensor .
    So do you get colour also at night and under torchlight (NV or normal torch) or are you able to switch between a 'daylight mode' that doesn't use the NV sensor allowing normal colour vision and turn the NV sensor on at night making it b/w (?) or is my unit just so far out of date it's not funny ... and all modern NV is capable of full colour all the time ????

Again please forgive my ignorance but have very little experience with NV ....
    born to hunt - forced to work

You can switch between colour and Infrared.
    Colour works best up to the point of almost dark (way later than you can safely use a normal optic scope), especially in the shadows.
    Once the image gets too grainy, switch over to IR, and then when that gets too dark, turn on your IR illuminator.

In colour mode, low contrast days are best - grey cloudy skies.
    Moa Hunter and Ftx325 like this.

Hhmmmm , I might have to have a serious look at an upgrade ... just please no-one tell the missus I said that !!

If she finds out I might have to blame you @hotbarrels for enlightening me on what the current crop of gear is capable of, so you might get a somewhat unpolite pm from my missus in the future ...
    born to hunt - forced to work

Quote Originally Posted by Ftx325 View Post
    Hhmmmm , I might have to have a serious look at an upgrade ... just please no-one tell the missus I said that !!

If she finds out I might have to blame you @hotbarrels for enlightening me on what the current crop of gear is capable of, so you might get a somewhat unpolite pm from my missus in the future ...
    Rule for the married man buying a new gun or accessory:
    1. Pay cash - its untraceable
    2. When you bring the new toy home, wait until its dark outside before attempting to transfer it to the shed/gun room/safe. Wait for your significant other to go for their shower or something, then sneak out and make the transfer. P.s remember to turn your security lights off first!
    3. De-box it quick, dispose of the boxes in the neighbours recycle bin 5 doors down.
    4. Have some static charged dust on hand to sprinkle over the new item to make it look like its been in its new environment for some time. A little puffer bottle works best.
    5. Get your new toy into the gun safe and act natural. Rule is, once its in the safe, it been there for 'ages'. Never, ever fall into the mistake of defining how long 'ages' is - in the new gun or accessary realm, 'ages' can mean any period of time you want.
    6. Never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, ever leave the gun safe door open and unattended. This is the No1 'safety' rule. An open and unattended gun safe can result in your significant other being given an opportunity to do a STOCK TAKE. Stock takes are incredibly dangerous - you may as well grab the elastrators and put the ring on yourself. Once inventory had been taken, you are screwed!
    rewd, Moa Hunter, Ftx325 and 1 others like this.