Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree173Likes

Thread: We could have been hunting under level 4 afterall

Name:  Mi3Fgvu23jr0ieQZMDbj (1).jpg
Views: 306
Size:  73.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Hewie View Post
    I take my hat off to them. Standing up for their rights.
    Mind you that pic could well be of our nz gangs

northdude
    no nz gangs dont need to protest to keep their firearms they have privelages that law abiding people dont

sneakywaza I got
    Quote Originally Posted by northdude View Post
    no nz gangs dont need to protest to keep their firearms they have privelages that law abiding people dont
    I can't like that, even though it is utterly true
    northdude likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by vulcannz View Post
    Mountain Biking:
    - rated high in ACC accident statistics
    - rated high in Mountain Safety Council accident statistics
    - general considered a risky activity
    - often requires travel out of 'home area'
    - examples of MTBer needing to be rescued by helicopter in first week of Level 4 Lock down

Status during Level 4 and Level 3: Allowed activity

Why does this bother me? It's not so much I couldn't go hunting. It shows that decisions made by this government are not based on facts, but ideological and emotional preferences.

Lets not pull our punches, at the first opportunity this government seems dead keen to persecute hunters. So my concern is not just their behaviour during Covid-19, but what other excuses will they take advantage of now they've had a taste of the power they can wield against hunting and other activities they don't like.
    That's the feeling I have, it's not that the Govt thinks hunting is inherently risky during the alleged illegal lockdown, it's because they don't like it.

You can bet she bloody did. Those cunters.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    That's the feeling I have, it's not that the Govt thinks hunting is inherently risky during the alleged illegal lockdown, it's because they don't like it.
    Bingo right there.

Quote Originally Posted by northdude View Post
    Yeah I know mate and it pisses me right off,,,,,perhaps the FAL crew (us) need to start our own gang??reckon we would out number the others eh? we know it works.

Quote Originally Posted by doinit View Post
    Yeah I know mate and it pisses me right off,,,,,perhaps the FAL crew (us) need to start our own gang??reckon we would out number the others eh? we know it works.
    Sadly we ( generally) have a lot more to lose than your average traditional gang member...

northdude
    Fuked isnt it over step the law and you'll lose you guns and if they want to shut your business down when did that ever happen any gang

Quote Originally Posted by Finnwolf View Post
    Sadly we ( generally) have a lot more to lose than your average traditional gang member...
    True,true I was only just bein slightly off track there eh,I'm still pissed off though

Quote Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    Matters not to me because in the grand scheme of things (and lord know I despise this current govt) if not hunting for a few weeks meant some other bugger didn't get sick or lose a loved one to this nasty virus then so be it.

I stayed home not because the gov't said so but because it was the right thing to do to try and help avoid the health system failing to cope should this thing have got out of control.
    Thanks Mikee. Nicely put. I feel people's frustration, but I would and have happily (though sadly if that makes sense) sacrificed a few weeks of hunting and other privileges so that hopefully some people and their loved ones can still be here now. For me also it was never about what the government did and didnt decree and what I could get away with. It was about doing the right thing to help protect us all. Whether we could of hunted or fished during this is of little consequence to me. I agree we probably could have. There were far bigger issues at stake. These were and are very strange times. I think we should all remember the fear and uncertainty at end of March about what our country was going to look like in a couple months. The fact is that things are looking a lot brighter on the health side and we now need to band together and help those around us who are struggling financially. I dont mind admitting that I have taken a huge hit. I don't think anyone would disagree that had we done nothing and ended up like America, that the economy was going to take a drubbing anyway and for a lot longer. Imagine if we can beat it and have the freedom to move around comfortably within our country and re build locally. My heartfelt condolences go out to those of you and your families who have suffered heart break during this time.