Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By mawzer308
  • 2 Post By tetawa
  • 2 Post By ANTSMAN
  • 1 Post By Makros
  • 3 Post By Pauli

Thread: BSA scope rings

BSA scope rings

Morning,

I've inherited a BSA 308 with the controlled round feed Mauser bolt, and I'm after some scope rings. The dovetail is 19mm wide and there is a recess in the rear dovetail for a recoil lug similar to that of a Tikka. Where should I be looking?

Cheers
    ANTSMAN likes this.

Hi
    Search for CZ550 rings which will fit your BSA (they also have the recoil lug) - Warne and Lynx work best on my BRNO 19mm dovetails.

BB

Parker Hale and Sportsmatch make rings to fit. Gunworks list Sportsmatch. Parker Hale sometimes on T/M and here, there are also the odd set of copies floating about. Low Parker Hale limit the scope objective size you can fit. Most Parker Hale are in 1' and 26mm for early Euro scopes. 1 inch have a 3 in the code, 26mm have a 4. If you want the Parker Hale codes can supply.
    mawzer308 and csmiffy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mawzer308 View Post
    Morning,

I've inherited a BSA 308 with the controlled round feed Mauser bolt, and I'm after some scope rings. The dovetail is 19mm wide and there is a recess in the rear dovetail for a recoil lug similar to that of a Tikka. Where should I be looking?

Cheers
    Be sure to post pics in the all things BSA thread
    mawzer308 and BSA270 like this.

Sportsmatch rings are definitely what you're after they have a full selection suitable for the BSAs
    mawzer308 likes this.

Cheers, I'll keep an eye out, it did come with a set but I suspect they're 26mm. Will have a look at the sportsmatch as well.

Warne Maxima 19mm 1" rings. 'Foot' ground off and a recoil lug machined. $80 posted.

Name:  Warne Maxima 1BM Rings.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  196.4 KB

PM if interested.
    Moa Hunter, mawzer308 and csmiffy like this.

Banned
    I got some old steel dovetails and had a skim milled off so they could be screwed on top of the integral BSA bases and increase their width. Bit of dicking around but means the rifle has standard bases

Naracoorte South Australia/From South Canterbury
    Quote Originally Posted by Moa Hunter View Post
    I got some old steel dovetails and had a skim milled off so they could be screwed on top of the integral BSA bases and increase their width. Bit of dicking around but means the rifle has standard bases
    Shit tons of meat in a bsa action to plane it off like that. Enthusiasts won’t like it but it works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk