Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Tentman

Thread: Chrony projects/investigations (Garmin Xero and Labradar etc)

Chrony projects/investigations (Garmin Xero and Labradar etc)

Having just gained access to a chrony that is really reliable on the data transfer system is a bit of a game changer for me - before I'd have to record the data and then enter it into a spreadsheet, which when you're a one finger typist like me is bloody tedious.

I'm just in from a wee ammo test "how much will the same lot of 22 ammo vary between 3 rifles of the same barrel length". Shot the test with a Remmy 581, a Krico 320 (I think) and a Brno Model 5 - all with a barrel length of 600mm +/- 10mm. Ammo was Norma Tac 22 which is a subsonic target ammo of medium quality.

Average velocity was 1073, 1077 and 1063 respectively. ES was 49.7, 41.7 and 31.9, SDs 14.7, 12.6 and 10.9 all respectively. The really weird thing is the 581 and 320 are on a par for accuracy, both will consistently (5 or 6 shots in a row) hit my 10mm KLY pinger at 50M. The M5 is a "rustoration" with pretty pitted barrel and is a good bit less accurate than the other two - But its ES and SD are lower! Only 10 shot strings so pretty immature in statistical terms but interesting none the less! By way of comparison this ammo in my CZ457 (which will do a pretty consistent group average of 0.4 with the Tac22) shot it at 1068 from a 20" barrel, ES 36.9 and SD 10.8

I'd love to hear about other investigations of all manner of things using a chrony!
    JohnQT likes this.

Careful Tentman, you'll be building a skinny 110yd long shed soon. Try be able to shoot on windy days and the never ending chase of eliminating variables.
    Every machine is a smoke machine,
    If you use it wrong enough.