Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: CO2 net gun

CO2 net gun

Does anyone know the legality of ordering one of these from offshore

Has anyone tried one on small game

https://netgun.com/netgun-info/ultra...-animal-netgun

oooooooo that looks like a load of fun for "something" @gundoc will know all about the growed up versions LOL..... I actually find this hilarious,a kiwi invention downscaled and tweaked and then possible being imported here.
    please keep us posted on how you get on.
    75/15/10 black powder matters

Ah yes, the 'good old days'! 16 hour days and bruised shoulders from testing the bloody things, having plenty of money from making them and no time to spend it from trying to keep up with demand, and charging $100 per test shot because of the bloody recoil. Leaning out the side of a machine whilst full of adrenaline from the chase is one thing, cold-bloodedly shooting a 'standing deer' (a 44-gallon drum on a pair of saw-stools) to regulate the barrels for the customers preferred 'ideal range' is quite another story. Luckily, I recorded all the barrel angles for the specific ranges so I could ultimately correctly preset them to avoid test firing. I did enjoy the capture work in the machine though - that was the cream!

I wonder if the makers of these new CO2 'toys' have actually considered the damage the weights can do if they hit the target. I do like the thought of catching drones with them!

Quote Originally Posted by gundoc View Post
    Ah yes, the 'good old days'! 16 hour days and bruised shoulders from testing the bloody things, having plenty of money from making them and no time to spend it from trying to keep up with demand, and charging $100 per test shot because of the bloody recoil. Leaning out the side of a machine whilst full of adrenaline from the chase is one thing, cold-bloodedly shooting a 'standing deer' (a 44-gallon drum on a pair of saw-stools) to regulate the barrels for the customers preferred 'ideal range' is quite another story. Luckily, I recorded all the barrel angles for the specific ranges so I could ultimately correctly preset them to avoid test firing. I did enjoy the capture work in the machine though - that was the cream!

I wonder if the makers of these new CO2 'toys' have actually considered the damage the weights can do if they hit the target. I do like the thought of catching drones with them!
    Abso bloody lutely!!!!!!
    Micky Duck and BSA270 like this.
    Intelligence has its limits, but it appears that Stupidity knows no bounds......

yes I wonder if they come with a warning - what ya shoot ya then have to deal with in the net - real pissed of moggy - bitey ratty - neighbors rooster lots of fun

Quote Originally Posted by Barry the hunter View Post
    yes I wonder if they come with a warning - what ya shoot ya then have to deal with in the net - real pissed of moggy - bitey ratty - neighbors rooster lots of fun
    As long as it isn't something silly like an angry boar and a pack of dogs, it shouldn't be any worse than the average leg hold job.

The website does also offer a hanging trap that can be remotely triggered by the operator or tripped by an animal, it hangs in the air and shoots directly down. For catching deer etc.
    Micky Duck likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry the hunter View Post
    As long as it isn't something silly like an angry boar and a pack of dogs, it shouldn't be any worse than the average leg hold job.

The website does also offer a hanging trap that can be remotely triggered by the operator or tripped by an animal, it hangs in the air and shoots directly down. For catching deer etc.

Word is Steve Gamble used net guns with braid to reduce the charge and consequently the recoil on the gun.

Quote Originally Posted by TeRei View Post
    Word is Steve Gamble used net guns with braid to reduce the charge and consequently the recoil on the gun.
    The charge wasn't the main reason for the recoil. It was the four steel weights needed to open a 3-4 metre square net at 20 metres, one 19x60mm cylindrical steel weight per barrel giving a total projectile weight of about 900 grains fired from a 4-5 kg gun. The weight of the net is not taken into account as the weights are well clear of the barrels when the net is dragged free.
    timattalon and Micky Duck like this.

we had two one made up from an old Parker Hale 308 - that was cruel - scary bloody thing but had range - the other was made up on a 12 gauge a little kinder but still a handfull

The charge wasn't the main reason for the recoil. It was the four steel weights needed to open a 3-4 metre square net at 20 metres, one 19x60mm cylindrical steel weight per barrel giving a total projectile weight of about 900 grains fired from a 4-5 kg gun. The weight of the net is not taken into account as the weights are well clear of the barrels when the net is dragged free.
    Agreed but the braid reduced the need for heavy weights and overall weight and recoil correspondingly. What was told.

I understand these CO2 net guns used to be made in Invercargill. A friend of mine grandfather in Queensland Australia used to buy and sell these for rangers over there. He says they might be made in Aussie now.

Can you reload them or is it a one shot wonder?

Reloadable, uses one co2 cartridge per shot though

Be perfect for shop keepers