Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree8Likes
  • 4 Post By HUNTY
  • 1 Post By Tentman
  • 2 Post By Synthetic
  • 1 Post By Tentman

Thread: CZ 600 Trail- Who's getting one, and who hates them??

CZ 600 Trail- Who's getting one, and who hates them??

The newly released CZ 600 is probably quite a contentious rifle, to some a hideous step away from the classic CZ bolt action, to others an awesome example of modern practicality and compactness. Personally, I want one rather badly, will probably be the next gun I purchase. What are your thoughts??

Name:  CZ_600_Trail_.223Rem_7d6a.jpg
Views: 355
Size:  46.4 KB

Not my cup of tea, very agricultural looking, it has the face only a mama could love..
    hunty
    6.5x55AI

My CZ 600 223 (Alpha model) is out on loan at the moment, everyone who has shot it that wasn't a gun nut loved it. The ergonomoics and trigger are superb, guys just pick it up and shoot well with it.

My one was ammo fussy, it was pretty average with factory ammo, but went "minute of wallaby" to 300M or so with some bulk Belmont stuff.

The Trail doesn't appeal to me in term of its looks but it'd be quite functional for some sorts of hunting.
    Jamesyd likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tentman View Post
    My CZ 600 223 (Alpha model) is out on loan at the moment, everyone who has shot it that wasn't a gun nut loved it. The ergonomoics and trigger are superb, guys just pick it up and shoot well with it.

My one was ammo fussy, it was pretty average with factory ammo, but went "minute of wallaby" to 300M or so with some bulk Belmont stuff.

The Trail doesn't appeal to me in term of its looks but it'd be quite functional for some sorts of hunting.
    Does the Alpha have the same 1:7" twist as the Trail?

does that cheekpiece come foward it looks to far back to be of any use - not my cup of tea but in 223 a goat cullers rifle maybe

Should consider waiting for the CZ600 American to come to NZ.
    - Walnut stock
    - Nice streamlined look
    - Pretty much flush magazine
    - 60 degree bolt lift
    - Comes in 223 and 7.62x39

If priced right, it might be a serious threat to the Howa Mini.

https://www.czub.cz/en/media-news/cz...z-600-american
    https://shop.terc-zbrane.cz/cz-600-american-7-62x39/
    PaulNZ and Barry the hunter like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesyd View Post
    Does the Alpha have the same 1:7" twist as the Trail?
    Yes, Alpha is 1:7
    Jamesyd likes this.

I know pighunters who would kill that quickly enough.looks like a crude immitation of wingmans neat stock.
    75/15/10 black powder matters

I looked at in Hamills Taupo and twist Is 1in9 two stage trigger. Not as light as it looks

Quote Originally Posted by Synthetic View Post
    Should consider waiting for the CZ600 American to come to NZ.
    - Walnut stock
    - Nice streamlined look
    - Pretty much flush magazine
    - 60 degree bolt lift
    - Comes in 223 and 7.62x39

If priced right, it might be a serious threat to the Howa Mini.

https://www.czub.cz/en/media-news/cz...z-600-american
    https://shop.terc-zbrane.cz/cz-600-american-7-62x39/
    yes thats a rifle

On the alpha I really hate the safety. And it is a shame that the barrel interchangeability got canned almost as soon as it reached the market.
    If that thing could have had a Remington or a tikka style trigger it probably would have drawn more interest.

If I recall, some of the early reviews I read reckoned some of the design choices do no favours for the Trail's accuracy. Whereas a lot of rifles (including other CZ600's) are coming with sub-MOA guarantees (for whatever they're worth), the Trail isn't.

Shame, because at its core is a great action. They mill the rail into the receiver which is neat and it takes pmags too. But then they go and mate it to the lower poorly, under-engineer the collapsible stock, and even the mlok handgaurd up front is able to rotate if knocked. Cool concept. Just let down in the execution a bit.
    Resident 6.5 Grendel aficionado.

Quote Originally Posted by Friwi View Post
    On the alpha I really hate the safety. And it is a shame that the barrel interchangeability got canned almost as soon as it reached the market.
    If that thing could have had a Remington or a tikka style trigger it probably would have drawn more interest.
    I pulled mine to bits to shorten and thread it. The barrel is still readily interchangeable, I surmise that they are just not supplying "interchangeable barrels".

Quote Originally Posted by Pommy View Post
    If I recall, some of the early reviews I read reckoned some of the design choices do no favours for the Trail's accuracy. Whereas a lot of rifles (including other CZ600's) are coming with sub-MOA guarantees (for whatever they're worth), the Trail isn't.
    Supposedly that's due to the flex in the stock. With our laws on OAL it would be better with an AR style collapsing stock. I'm sure Lefty's would appreciate that style more as well.
    Its definitely an interesting set up with a few odd design choices. I have seen a few YT reviews where they complain you have to shorten the screws when attaching MLOK as the hand guard is to narrow.
    If I didn't have an UTAS I would probably get one.
    Hit the hills, live the BushLife!

https://bushlifenz.com