Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Garmin Xero C1 Chronograph

The Original Striker
    dannyb likes this.
    Bigger Better Faster Stronger
    Handle the Jandle, or get off the Beach

The Original Striker

Pretty cool piece of kit! Would be interested to see how accurate it is compared to traditional chrono’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Early days. The last device, when released, was claimed to be a Labradar killer, and it now has a new name is on verion 4.
    TianBotha likes this.

Seems to be a mass selling of 2nd Hand Labradars now that this has hit the market. I’m looking forward to replacing my LabRadar with one of these

Fx would be my choice but super expensive. Been on the market a while and there doesn't seem to be any adverse reviews.
    https://youtu.be/6wYJGKOiTGk?si=It-qJXxStK8dtZg0

The Garmin phone app looks quite nice. Far better than the POS Labradar one.
    TianBotha likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    The Garmin phone app looks quite nice. Far better than the POS Labradar one.
    I’m really hoping the technology is there for this to be the labradar replacement but only time will tell in the next few months. Just seems so much more practical in every aspect and user friendly

Fx would be my choice but super expensive. Been on the market a while and there doesn't seem to be any adverse reviews.
    https://youtu.be/6wYJGKOiTGk?si=It-qJXxStK8dtZg0
    Hi @zimmer
    I was interested in the FX product. What pricing have you seen advertised on these ? Any NZ suppliers or do they need sourcing from overseas ?

@30.06king have seen it for US$999. Interestingly Opticsplanet say it is discontinued. I find that hard to believe but Opticplanet is a bit of a wonky company.
    Bullet Seeker runs just north of a grand US.
    Availabilty will be the issue with both the Fx and the Garmin.
    I like the Fx as a company as they have been making chronographs for a while now.

@30.06king have seen it for US$999. Interestingly Opticsplanet say it is discontinued. I find that hard to believe but Opticplanet is a bit of a wonky company.
    Bullet Seeker runs just north of a grand US.
    Availabilty will be the issue with both the Fx and the Garmin.
    I like the Fx as a company as they have been making chronographs for a while now.
    @zimmer
    Thankyou. Interesting info. I have seen online comment the Garmin recently dropped pricing to USD $599.00
    Available in USA either direct or from dealers. Also, so far online positive reviews so far of the Garmin.
    As you say demand fir both currently is high but apparently Garmin at least is accelerating production to keep pace.
    To me Garmin pricing looks attractive for the inbuilt features and compact unit size.
    Thinking about it .....

Going to US next week but not sure how to find it. Online shipment available 5 - 8 weeks and I won't stay there that long. I reckon this is not a restricted item?

Quote Originally Posted by hakka_ranger View Post
    Going to US next week but not sure how to find it. Online shipment available 5 - 8 weeks and I won't stay there that long. I reckon this is not a restricted item?
    Yeah not a restricted item. Bring one back for me!

Quote Originally Posted by MattS View Post
    Yeah not a restricted item.
    It will be launched in Australia and New Zealand soon. Local pricing will be on par with the USD conversion rate. Support your local dealer.

It is not restricted in the traditional sense, but has not launched yet as the government compliance documents have not been processed.
    Its like bringing in a non-compliant UHF radio. They may take it off you at the border.

Stock will be a little patchy while production ramps up. But should be solid before too long.
    tikka, hakka_ranger and No.3 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by TianBotha View Post
    Pretty cool piece of kit! Would be interested to see how accurate it is compared to traditional chrono’s

Saw a back to back of one with a labradar. Was inside 5-10fps measured every shot. Seems like it's a much better trigger/tracking system also
    tikka likes this.

Should be here soonish, I have back ordered some for myself & customers, no problem to supply them when they show up RRP is $1299