Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: MAE Suppressors

Quote Originally Posted by tetawa View Post
    Your not thinking of Steve Blenkarne who was the original Trueflite Barrels, he was off Wairau rd, think it was Target rd. Trying to think of the guys name who started MAE, his first name was Mark, the now owners took over from him.
    Mark Percy, really good guy
    tetawa likes this.
    Identify your target beyond all doubt

So I emailed MAE and Gary got back to me. From what I could gather they have taken suppressors of that website and have moved them over to a new site. However, this site is not yet publicly accessible.

They are only selling suppressors compatible with A-Cat firearms which totally makes sense given the current legal climate. How you determine a suppressor for a semi-centrefire compared to a bolt action though I am yet to work out.

Quote Originally Posted by Oli1102 View Post
    So I emailed MAE and Gary got back to me. From what I could gather they have taken suppressors of that website and have moved them over to a new site. However, this site is not yet publicly accessible.

They are only selling suppressors compatible with A-Cat firearms which totally makes sense given the current legal climate. How you determine a suppressor for a semi-centrefire compared to a bolt action though I am yet to work out.
    There were models rated for semi auto and I think full auto fire.
    They will be the ones no longer available.
    Oli1102 likes this.
    Welcome to Sako club.

Oh right! That makes sense!

Tread carefully in the suck... ishoot10s's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tetawa View Post
    Your not thinking of Steve Blenkarne who was the original Trueflite Barrels, he was off Wairau rd, think it was Target rd. Trying to think of the guys name who started MAE, his first name was Mark, the now owners took over from him.
    Okay, Steve B and Steve O had H Dutton and Co on Porana Road in the early 90’s before they became Truflite.

Gary McColl bought Mark Percy out of his suppressor business and renamed it McColl Arms and Engineering and was running it out of a two storey home and workshop unit next to a coffee roaster on William Pickering Drive, then he changed it to MAE and moved to Ellice Rd, Glenfield. That was the last place I saw him, would have been just after I bought my R93 300 WM in 2001, he sold me a SS over barrel can which I still use.
    10MRT shooters do it 60 times, in two directions and at two speeds.