Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Marty Henry

Thread: the new project

northdude

the new project

ive been keeping an eye out for a cheap rifle thats capable of taking deer and goats and pigs at around 100m and low recoiling also needed to be ok to use at deer stalkers on 100m range for my daughter to learn to shoot with i picked up a jw103 at kumeu last weekend i havnet shot it yet ive got a 3x9 scope on the way its going to be a cheap (they always start out that way dont they) build ill see how it shoots with some factory brass cased ammo and will probably reload for it the other thing im considering is pillar bedding it and that is what id like to ask after reading a little bit is it just a case of basicly gluing a couple of tubes into the stock where the action screws go through any one had sucess doing this

Slightly off topic but i dont think they are worth reloading for. The steel case stuff if accurate enough for you is cheaper than you can restuff cases, and the soft point barnaul can be quite emphatic. I use an sks and a friend has a jw both eat steel ammo with no problems. His is more accurate, 1 1/2 moa, I'm closer to 2 1/2 but thats with a sparc, he has a 2-7 el cheapo nc star. His only gripe the magazine needed a bit of filing to get it to feed. Bed it for practice if you want but it may not make it shoot better based on Peters one.
    misha2001 likes this.

Buy a CZ. When I fucked around trying to accurately scope a SKS I ended up buying a mini thirty.

Sent from my SM-G388F using Tapatalk

northdude
    ive got a sks as well i wouldnt bother putting a scope on it i put a rear tech sights peep on it though its no target rifle but wasnt desighned to be im hoping the jw will shoot a bit better than the sks most stuff i can do myself except for threading for a suppressor

Quote Originally Posted by northdude View Post
    ive got a sks as well i wouldnt bother putting a scope on it i put a rear tech sights peep on it though its no target rifle but wasnt desighned to be im hoping the jw will shoot a bit better than the sks most stuff i can do myself except for threading for a suppressor
    A mate had one years back. Shot minute of meat but we never tried to do groups with it.
    Would be an ok project but the ammo isn't really suited for bench rest grouping and when you add up what you spend a CZ would have been cheaper.

Sent from my SM-G388F using Tapatalk

northdude
    I'm a wierdo when it comes to rifle choice the next thing I'd look for for her to use would be a Remington 788 I've got a 222 one and it would hold its own against most sporting rifles

Have a word with peril 787b , he did an excellent job of bedding his rifle ( same as yours).
    It has a suppressor on it and works very well
    One note regarding the threading of the barrel: all of the one that I had to work on did not have the bore parallel to the outside contour, and some were really bad. The only way of getting the thread right is to indicate the bore with the proper rods and a special jig or lathe set up. Just so that you are aware .

northdude
    ok dont think id bother threading it there wouldnt be much meat there by the time you machine a thread ive noticed that the roughness in the bolt movement is the tang on the end of the firing pin running in the race in the action might give it a polish but it looks like theres to much length in it and it catches in the race ill t have a think and maybe shave a little bit off it also if i decide to exeriment with pillars what would be the best glue to use

Epoxy